Orb Mod 1 versus Orb Mod 2 & Receiver For them

Username: Hershon

Post Number: 6
I have 5 Orb Mod1 speakers & the Orb SuperEight sub that I play through my JVC RX DV-31SL receiver (which Orb recommended & I actually got cheaper from another source). I am very happy with the sound for which I play classic rock & blues CD's & DVD's. I live in an apartment and my system is in a normal size living room with good acoustics. I'm always looking to improve myself though. A few questions for Orb users- 1. If I upgraded to Mod 2 speakers would I notice much difference in the sound quality (bear in mind I play my system in an apartment in a normal sized room), 2. If I just got one Mod 2 speaker for the central channel & left every other speaker Mod 1 would I notice much difference, 3. Would I notice much difference in the sound quality if I had another receiver? When I listen to CD's I do so in the "All Channel Mode". Thanks for your input

SimpleLife
Unregistered guest
The Mod2 play a lot louder than the Mod1. If you want the output, upgrade. I think most people would benefit by having the Mod2 in the center channel, or the front 3 channels, even if you don't plan on playing it at huge volumes all the time.

Post Number: 8
Excuse my ignorance as maybe I'm missing something here. If the Mod 2 plays at a large volume then the mod 1, couldn't you then get the same effect by just boosting the volume of the Mod 1 center speaker?

SimpleLife
Unregistered guest
To a point, yes. But, if you upgrade the front 3 speakers to Mod2, then they all have output capabilies greater than the Mod1 and you can push the volume beyond what you are doing now. The bottom line is that if you can play the system as loud as you like, and you don't hear your amp or the speakers straining at all, then you don't need the Mod2.

Post Number: 9
I guess I don't need the Mod 2 speakers as the volume of them even when I put them at moderate volume on my receiver is pretty loud/powerful- bear in mind that I listen to them in an average size living room in an apartment and thus no need for earsplitting volume or anything.

SimpleLife
Unregistered guest
Sounds like you are all set.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us