Problems using DTS

Username: Ricardoht

Post Number: 3
I recently bought an Onkyo HTS 770. Whenever I try to play DTS I hear no sound. Why is that? I can use Dolby Digital EX but no DTS. I loaded up Gangs of New York and it does have DTS track but I could hear no sound.

Whenever I try to go to the 'audio adjust' in my receiver, I can only select Dolby, there is no DTS.

With my DVD player I have the option of the following Digital Sound output:

Dolby Digital/PCM
PCM
Stream

Sample frequency:
48 KHz
96 Khz

Which option should I choose? I'm new to this and I don't understand what PCM and those frequencies are for.

Any help?

Post Number: 5
anybody?

Bronze Member
Username: Rjw1138

Regina, SK Canada

Post Number: 11
I'm assuming you've got your DVD player hooked up to your receiver through a digital connection (coax or optical). You want to select the Stream option on your DVD player (the sample frequency shouldn't matter with Stream selected). This outputs the DD or DTS bitstream through the digital connection, to be decoded by your receiver. Workee?

Post Number: 8
I'll try that and I'll let you know tomorrow.

Username: Jvc

NC

Post Number: 5
Then you also HAVE to choose the dts track, in the movie's audio setup menu or Language menu. It doesn't automatically go to a dts soundtrack. :-)

Bronze Member
Username: Rjw1138

Regina, SK Canada

Post Number: 12
Natch! Of course I didn't mention this, but figured Ricardo would figure it out. He responded (to a different DTS related thread (!?)) saying he got it going.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
Yeah I got it going. I already knew I had to select DTS on the DVD menu, but thanks anyway guys.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us