Comcast DVR - Unable to get Digital Audio

Username: Pacificasurfer

Post Number: 1
Just got Comcast DVR today and the digital audio output (SPDIF) will not output anything to my Marantz receiver digital input via a digital coax cable. I just can't get audio unless I go with the normal red/white audio cables. Spent hour on phone with Comcast and no luck. Also no directions for menus accessible on DVR. Any advive or others suffering with no 5.1 on DVR/HDTV box?

Bronze Member
Username: Scotty2hotty

Chicago, IL

Post Number: 37
Maybe this will help...

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-theater/106966.html

Post Number: 2
So my SPDIF was not working last week but it was when the Comcast rep came out to my house today. I also tested the optical and it was working. With the optical cable connected, I learned that unless it says "DD 5.1" for any given programm on the Comcast bar at the bottom of the screen, it will not be 5.1. Also, audio settings must be at Advanced, Matrix and Light to Heavy Compression. IF it just says DD it is only pro-logic.

THanks to Scotty2Hotty.

Bronze Member
Username: Scotty2hotty

Chicago, IL

Post Number: 43
Yeah, I mentioned the 5.1 marker on that other thread.

Glad you got it workin'.

Greg D
Unregistered guest
Does anybody know why the optical out does not work with HD channels now that Comcast has updated the box's software to Microsoft TV? I'm trying to listen to the audio through my Minidisk player. I have the regular Motorola HD box.

Post Number: 3
My optical out from the HD DVR box to my receiver is working fine for the HD channels offered by Comcast, but I noticed that the volumes differences between channels are exacerbated by the optical connection.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us