Regent HT-391 - Wal Mart

Rai Jer
Unregistered guest
Regent Home Theater Sound System HT-391 is $49.73! Did anyone try this?

Anonymous

Yea, I bought it at Wal-Mart during the 6-11am After Thanksgiving thing. Its sounds awesome, but when I replaced the front speakers with my old Pioneer CS-520 boxed speakers, it sound kick @$$!!!!! It can only take in three analog audio inputs (unfortunatly, no coxial or optical, but hey) and sends out 140 watts (which is approx 23.3 watts per speaker if divided equally) You can also change the volume of the sub, center, and rear invidually with the remote.

BTW: It does not say it in the manual, but I think it supports Dolby Pro Logic II and Dolby Digital! I know this because I can hear major differences in my DVD's and Gamecube games when I change from Stereo to Dolby. No DTS tho....

Ron Green
Unregistered guest
I just ordered this on walmart.com, but afterword noticed that it doesn't look like it comes with a receiver, unless-- There looks like some knobs or controls on the subwoofer. Has a remote control. I would like to know if I Can just hook this up to my dvd player or do I need something else.

thecraft
Unregistered guest
Yes, you can hook up your DVD player to it and use it as a CD/MP3 Player.

MrPresley
Unregistered guest
I just purchased this yesterday. I am very surprised by the sound quality. Sounds great! It does not say the 5.1 is dolby anywhere on the box or paperwork, but it still sounds great in 5.1 mode. I have a 15 x 20 room and it does a great job for that size.

I just wish my TV (Samsung HDTV) had a monitor out so I could run everything through it then to receiver. But for the price, I don't think this setup can be beat.

dethstryke
Unregistered guest
I bought this but the back speakers seem to echo the front speakers when I play my PS2 in surround mode. Maybe it's the game, I don't know. But everything seems to go towards the back right when I walk to the left of the screen... The bass is magnificent though... Really pounds.

Unregistered guest
Does anyone know for sure whether this system supports Dolby Digital & Pro Logic II? The only place that I have read that it might is here.

videoman
Unregistered guest
This system is not Dolby in any shape or form. All products that have Dolby must be licensed by Dolby. This is why there is no logos on the box. Dolby Licenses are a big part of the cost of a product. This is how Dolby makes their money, royalties! Also Dolby is a digital system. You won't get Dolby out of analog inputs. A digital, optical or coaxial input, would have to be on the sub woofer. Then a Dolby decoder inside would decode the digital signal into the 5.1 analog signals that go to the speakers and sub woofer amplifiers. We are being acoustically fooled with this system! All said and done it does sound very good! I am installing the system into our RV with a small DVD player. Its small size and power are just the ticket for a mobile home theater system.

Ravi B
Unregistered guest
I just bought this yesterday at Walmart. The price tag said $49.95 but they gave me at $30.00. I was surprised, but hey who cares.
I just hooked it up with my DVD player and its pretty good so far.

Darth Vargi
Unregistered guest
Dolby Pro Logic based signals can come from just a left and right stereo input. Yes I can say without any question, I have run tests on this hardware using a Gamecube (Which detects it as a Pro Logic II system) and it does do Dolby Pro Logic I and II. However, the system does not decode Dolby Digital because it lacks an optical or coaxial input, so I have no doubt that it will not decode DD. It does do Pro Logic and it does it well, it's really worth the money in my opinion.

G-Money
Unregistered guest
man, did anyone find the website for this???? i cant find it. plus, the fuse seems to start burning out pretty quick. (i had this for 3mos now)

Unregistered guest
Can this model play surround sound TV as well?

K Fred
Unregistered guest
G-Money, the website for this is appears to be lenoxx.com. You can snag a pdf of the manual but there's not much more than that.

Darth Vargi
Unregistered guest
Knightknk, I'm not sure what you are talking about necessarily, this system is just a very simple and oddly enough, non Dolby licensed surround system... It uses Dolby Pro Logic II (the unofficial decoder is built into the subwoofer)and if you have a TV out option (if this is what you are referring to) on the back of your television just hook the RCA cables to one of the inputs on the subwoofer...

Unregistered guest
Has anyone been able to use an universal remote with the HT-391?

Anonymous

WHERE DO PURCHASE A NEW REMOTE FOR THE REGENT HT-391 MODEL

Unregistered guest
Hey, I wanna buy this from walmart, I do have a RCA DVD-MP3 plyer, Will it be compatible to this? I do have a Audio Video chord (Two way Audio left and right), with my dvd player to hookup to TV, will this work fine with this home theater speaker system? Or I do need some extra jacks and chords?

Javier Cruz-Lara
Unregistered guest
This @#*# is great Ive had it for about a year now and Im very satisfied. Has any one found a website for it?

jjjjj
Unregistered guest
i have had the regent model ht-391 for about 2 months now it is great. works good on action movies. has anybody had any proplems yet with it? what about a web site??

Anonymous

Does anyone know how it performs on a computer?

noname mcgee
Unregistered guest
I bought it for my computer and the sound is great.
The remote has controls for Sub volume, Center channel volume, and Rear volume. Also a master volume, number of channels select, mute, and input source.
You can hook up 3 (I believe) input sources.

Unregistered guest
I was at myrtle beach last week and the walmart had a Durabrand HT-395 which was $55. this thing has opticals and coax. but the walmart up here in CT doesn't carry it. I'm going to get if I can find it again for the PC. lenoxx.com/manuals/ht395/IB-HT395-WM-E-073003.pdf

Unregistered guest
I have an HT 391 but it does not give me directions on how to hook my Dish Reciever/DVD/TV to it. Any help would be appreciated

Luke Cori
Unregistered guest
I have a yamaha dolby digital receiver..I was wondering if I can hook up the speakers from the HT 391 to my receiver to get dolby sound..anyone know?

Anonymous

The HT391 is an amazing product. Crisp sound and 'connect anything' capability. Only hitch, no digital input. But it is Pro Logic anyway.
Great Product, very low price.

Connecting DVD, etc to it -
Use RCA color coded outputs on DVD, etc to connect to HT391 color coded inputs using provided RCA Audio/Video cables. Re and White are for audio and yellow for video.

Anonymous1
Unregistered guest
Does anyone know why the HT391 hums (produces constant low frequency background noise) when connected to a PC?
How does one get rid of the noise?

Anonymous

Can I use copper speaker wires for the ht 391 speakers?

Username: Tipstir

Post Number: 1
Yes you can use copper speaker wire on the HT 391.

If you're getting a hum check your PC for any feedback problems mostly in your PC Sound Card Input loop.

Tested Sound Blaster Live 5.1 works okay!
Tested Aopen AW850 5.1 works okay!

Note: Wal-mart sells both 130 to 140 watts model under Regent name sold as Lenoxx.

There is a new Duraband HT 3915 almost the same unit as the Regent HT 391, except for the changes in SUB woofer and 5 sat speakers have changed in looks only. The Center speaker has a different shape that the rest of the speakers. The Sub woofer only pumps out 100 watts, but sells for $49.73 as does Regent HT 391 which pumps out now 130 watts.

These stereo 2.1 & 5.1 sound systems are best used with your PC sound system. If you have two systems next to each other the Regent or Duraband model can give you full sound for less than buying just PC 2.1 or 5.1 speakers.

To use these systems just for the home DVD Player or Stereo TV works just find.

If you find the Regent HT 391 (130 to 140 watts) buy it over the Duraband HT 3915 (100 watts), for the so reason of getting additional 30 to 40 watts on which Wal-mart store you goto.

Both models are so easy to used and install, the maker gives you everything to get started in the box, you don't need to buy anything else.

Good Luck!

Unregistered guest
Has anyone tried these on a MAcintosh?

Post Number: 2
It doesn't matter what type of PC or MAC, even an SGI UNIX box, the darn thing will play anything you have. DVD Player, XBOX/P2/GameCube, TV Stereo, HDTV, VCR, MP3, MD, your laptop, desktop, workstation even a server with audio card for those late night jobs.

Anonymous

I bought HT-391 from walmart yesterday. This is NOT a surround sound system. Surround sound needs digital inpput and this doesnt have any. Dont buy this item hoping to hear surround sound.

Anonymous

I bought HT-391 from walmart yesterday. This is NOT a surround sound system. Surround sound needs digital inpput and this doesnt have any. Dont buy this item hoping to hear surround sound.

Post Number: 3
Who are you kidding, the system gives you 5.1 surround sound more like Dolby Pro Logic II 5.1 Surround Sound from regular RCA L/R audio inputs. You can always get surround sound from analog sources, yes it doesn't have digital coaxal or optical inputs, you would have to buy the HT400 for digital inputs but only for digital coaxal at Wal-Mart that gives you 200 Watts instead of 140 watts from HT 391. HT 391 isn't a bad model I use more with my two 5.1 6 channel PC systems for DVD, PCTV DBX Stereo playback, yes some games also sound much better with this system than anything you can buy at a PC store.

Let me give you a listen in surround sound before Dolby Pro Logic, you had Dolby Surround Sound then Matrix Surround Sound. The HT 391 still beats the old way and now gives you Dolby Pro Logic II full stereo spectrum in 5 speakers with the 6 channel being your 8 inch power sub woofer. I would buy another one of these systems again for another set of desktop systems I have and use it instead of my old RCA Dolby Pro Logic System.

William Thomas
Unregistered guest
I think what "anonymous" was trying to say is that the Regent model is not true Dolby 5.1.

Which, because of it's lack of a digital input, is correct.

The Regent model does do a Simulated "surround" sound based on Dolby Pro Logic, but the unit is not a "true" 5.1 device since it has no way of processing those signals.

Some people prefer Pro Logic to 5.1 because it tends to "fill" the room more than 5.1 which often uses the rear channels exclusively for discrete sounds (such as background noise).

Whatever your preference is. 5 speakers filling a room, even with a "simulated" surround experience is much better than two speakers sitting next to your TV.

Post Number: 4
Strange, the HT 391 uses Dolby Pro Logic II 5.1 Digital features which still uses analog connections even if you where to buy a full receiver connect to your digital cable box with analog stereo output. I've tried this, and works with DVD movies in 5.1 Dolby Surround, not 5.1 DTS or Dolby Digital. More a 5.1 Wide Stereo Surround Sound and Normal Stereo Surround Sound with 2.1.

So what I am saying the HT 391 gives you 5.1 DPII features out of your analog output connections.

Darth Vargi
Unregistered guest
Once again the HT-391 uses DPII and is an excellent system even for movies. The tracks are downmixed to Dolby Stereo (thus they immediately support Analog Dolby Surround formats) and the 391 matrixes the signal using Pro Logic II to correctly position the audio through the speakers. So you get a sound very similar to Dolby Digital. You must realize though that the seperation will not be as discrete as Dolby Digital and the ambient sounds may be lacking. But to anyone besides an audiophile this will seem nearly as good as Dolby Digital (infact some people prefer DPII over DD).

Anonymous

i have it.. and its nice.. i mean it isnt as good as my dads 200w sumthin but hey! it works well

vil89
Unregistered guest
I'm having some trouble with the tiny remote control, doesn't works from time to time. Does anyone knows the code or a way I can use another remote control instead?

Post Number: 5
The remote might have got dirty if you can shake it out or take it apart, change the batteries, make sure the contacts are clean.

Unregistered guest
I'm interested in buying this system or creative's inspire 5200, and I know that creative's has a big powerful bass 8" driver (I think). What size of subwoofer does the HT-391 have?, and how does it compare to Creative's 5200? Thanks.

Post Number: 6
140 watts sub woofer with 8" driver
You get everything needed
3 audio inputs 2 video outputs
Wireless remote
Enough speaker wire to do a 16x16 room
There is more, but get it you'll be happy!

Just to let you know the box will say 130 watts but it's 140 watts amp.

Post Number: 8
140 watts sub woofer with 8" driver
You get everything needed
3 audio inputs 2 video outputs
Wireless remote
Enough speaker wire to do a 16x16 room
There is more, but get it you'll be happy!

Just to let you know the box will say 130 watts but it's 140 watts amp.

smrnit
Unregistered guest
anyone know the code for programming a Dish Network remote to work with the Regent HT-391

I can not find the code in either manual or by searching

Joe Crimes
Unregistered guest
I just bought a HT-391 model for my home. It really works great, but even better with my DVD player. I think buying it was worthit.

murat
Unregistered guest
for manuals see lenoxx.com

Anonymous

Hi Guys,
Yesterday i bought a Regent HT-391 from walmart and seems to work fine. Plan to take it back to india where the power is 220 volts. Does it internally have a power transformer that i can replace with a 220 volts one ?
Can some point me to a website other than lennoxx.com as this is blocked by our network.
Thanks

Bcpix
Unregistered guest
I lost my Regent HT-391 remote during a move, and I can't find a replacement one. Can anyone help? Does anyone have a number of a place I can order one?
Thanks

Unregistered guest
I own 2 of the regent ht-391. I run them both off my pc for gaming. let me tell you with 2 hooked up it sounds like i have a concert in my basement.Awesome system.

Unregistered guest
What is the code for a Hughes remote?
I bought this for my wife for Valentines Day, I got off cheap and she loves it(and so do I).

Crash
Unregistered guest
I have this system and the rear 2 speakers sometime make a whiney sound, is this because the channel does not support the rear speakers well?
I can switch it to 2 channel and it sounds fine.
It's mostly when people are talking, but it does this on alot of channels. Most always i can switch to one of the movie channels and it sounds great.
Anybody else notice this?

G Black
Unregistered guest
Hello, I've had the HT-395 for about 5 months now. And its sounds extremely good for its specs (and very nice in DD5.1). Im impressed everytime I turn this thing on..and even my friends who have the HT-391 think the PL reproduction is just shy of DD5.1. For some reason though, I saw somewhere that the 395 has DPLII(maybe on the box), but I cant seem to find/remember anywhere that it mentions that again. I suppose if the sound comes from all 6 speakers with no bleeding like mine does than it is PLII but, I just want to make sure. Does anyone know for a fact that its PLII(It sounds so much better than the original PL, but only says PL on the case and manual).

Darth Vargi
Unregistered guest
The HT-395 only has Pro Logic I decoding...

G Black
Unregistered guest
That sucks..why would they make the 391 with PLII when the 395 with a higher model # is more of a home theater setup? That makes me wonder why it sounds so good, cuz my friends think it sounds better then theirs (and they have 391's). So does the HT-400 have less than the 395 lol..

Post Number: 9
You got something good, enjoy it! I do! Hook the 391 to the Media MVP and really have some fun!

Post Number: 10
Try using the Sound Blaster 5.1 Live! with it on a PC sure sounds good!

V. Vega
Unregistered guest
my ht-391 suddenly stopped working. The leds will go on but no sound comes out. It stared acting out this way when pressing the mute button on the remote and now it will not sound. Any ideas?

sam111275
Unregistered guest
I am new to using home theater systems, this is the first time I have ever bought a home theater system, I went up to walmart last sunday, and saw this ht-391 for just $39.00, so I just bought it to give it a try, but reading through here, and going into there website (lenoxx.com), I realized that this is their lowest grade system, so can anybody please let me know if this system is any good, and this system also does not come with any receiver, so should I buy a system with a receiver or this one is good. Please let me know, thanks to any one who answers it.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
This system is for PCs, DVD Players, also for Hauppauge Media MVP (network media device), MP3 player, VCR, PS1, PS2, XBOX, GameCube and so on!

It's only 140 watts, if you want more than that then you'll have to buy a Multi-channel Audio/Video Receiver like Pioneer, Sony an so on!

I still own 3 Pioneer systems, but I use the HT-391 for my two PCs which are side by side. SB Live 5.1 in one the other has Aopen Cobra 850AW 5.1 6 Channel. I mean I can even hookup another PC for sound since it has 3 inputs.

Don't let the price fool you, its well built, it might me small but it can kiss "A". Look at ILO DVD Recorder at Wal-Mart for $149 or at Sams Club Liteon 5101 for $139.

I also own the Liteon 5101 this hooks up to your TV and home stereo to record and watch DVD+R and DVD+RW good deal I say!

Bronze Member

This system is for PCs, DVD Players, also for Hauppauge Media MVP (network media device), MP3 player, VCR, PS1, PS2, XBOX, GameCube and so on!

It's only 140 watts, if you want more than that then you'll have to buy a Multi-channel Audio/Video Receiver like Pioneer, Sony an so on!

I still own 3 Pioneer systems, but I use the HT-391 for my two PCs which are side by side. SB Live 5.1 in one the other has Aopen Cobra 850AW 5.1 6 Channel. I mean I can even hookup another PC for sound since it has 3 inputs.

Don't let the price fool you, its well built, it might me small but it can kiss "A". Look at ILO DVD Recorder at Wal-Mart for $149 or at Sams Club Liteon 5101 for $139.

I also own the Liteon 5101 this hooks up to your TV and home stereo to record and watch DVD+R and DVD+RW good deal I say!

sam111275
Unregistered guest
Thanks a lot Tip, that information really helped me. I did hook up the system to my sony dvd player, and it is a kiss "A" system. We saw "Elf" and immediately saw the difference. Thanks a lot tip.

MikeCar.
Unregistered guest
I have a dvd player that has 6 plugs for Dolby Digital surround speakers. The Dvd has no Coaxal and no other forms of plug. there is also a 2.1 audio inputs. I hooked up the Ht-391 and i'm recieving Dolby Digital sound, I don't know why. If you have any comments please post them.

shane187
Unregistered guest
Ok it sounds wonderful.. but, I am having the sounds from the FL FR and RL RR speakers come on at the same time instead of individually. I have a Dell 8300 with an internal soundcard from soundmax. any suggestions?

shane187
Unregistered guest
Ok it sounds wonderful.. but, I am having the sounds from the FL FR and RL RR speakers come on at the same time instead of individually. I have a Dell 8300 with an internal soundcard from soundmax. any suggestions?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
Your system the DELL 8300 didn't come with PCI Bus Card Creative Labs Audigy 2 Digital 5.1 if you're using SoundMax driver. The HT-391 works better if your PC using either Creative SB LIVE! LS or EX or AOpen AW850 5.1. Anything PC wise with 5.1 else well you know what your getting now on your PC. If you go back to Wal-Mart in the PC section you'll see SB cards selling dirt cheap, you might want to disable your internal sound for SB PCI Card?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
If you're receiving the sound you want, just be happy you're getting it!

YeuEmMaiMai
Unregistered guest
ok this is just too much.....It may sound OK in a very small room but put it anywhere else and it will sound like crap. No way that this thing can compare to real autio equipment that can process DTS PL2X and every other format available

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
Why complain, yes it's good for 10x10 room, I am not saying a 19x19 room. If you got a good sound card with enough power you could fill up any good size room. HT-391 is good for PC Sound, XBOX, P2, GameCube, DVD Players, VCR Hi-Fi, TV Stereo, Portable CD, MD, DAT, MP3 and tape cassette players.

I use the HT-391 where I don't have to turn on the big amp receiver and leave that on all day just where I can run the HT-391 instead see my point!

Sarin
Unregistered guest
Walmart is selling a HT-2004 system for the same price now. It looks similar to the HT391. Does anyone know if this is the same as the HT-391?

Darth Vargi
Unregistered guest
The HT-2004 is not the same as the 391 because the 2004 is only 80 watts where as the 391 is 140 watts. I don't know about the decoding method that the 2004 uses

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
Find a Wal-Mart store that might have some HT-391 with 140 watts in stock. Those 80 watt systems look the same, but I was going to buy one the price is so cheap, but I don't want just 80 watts! I can't find the model with 200 watts anymore that has digital coax more like a mini amp with a 1 sub, and 5 sats speakers.

Unregistered guest
WOW!!! Don't let the cheap price scare you. To show comparison my brothers roommates last year had a sony 5.1 channel system which was way more costly. This sounds just about the same to me and I am picky about my sound being an aspiring musician for the past 12 years. Yes everything is included. The hook-ups for the speakers are on the back of the sub and speaker wire is included. I have this system in my apartment and sometimes I have to turn it down for fear of freakin' out the upstairs neighbors. My first test for this system was LOTR: Return of the King. I set the sound on 5.1 EX Dolby Digital. Let me tell ya even though it don't say DD on the box this system obviously puts out Dolby Digital or something a lot like it. I was impressed! Great product at a REALLY good deal!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
He's RIGHT!

I working on HTPC project and I have the HT-391 connected and at times the bass is so powerful it makes the walls and floor rumble!

People wake up and hear what your missing!

RJ3623
Unregistered guest
Im surprised by the amount of ppl who ask "will it work with my dvd player/mp3 player/computer/tv?"
It uses composite rca audio (red and white inputs). It will work with anything that produces sound that has audio out. The only thing it might not work with is a tv that does not have composite audio out. So it doesnt matter what "Brand" you have.

RJ3623
Unregistered guest
one question from me though.. what are the video inputs for? on a subwoofer? hmm just wondering.

Username: Kbk

Post Number: 8
I listened to the Onkyo HTS-570 and then to this Regent. I swear this $50 cheapie sounded much better. Maybe I'm just delusional.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
I haven't been around too much to answer most of your questions but I am here now.

For those of you with questions, I would recommed you going to the below site or just download the PDF (Adobe Reader File) and print out the huge manual and read it. It is the same manual that comes with the HT-391.

lenoxx.com/manuals/HT391/IB-HT391-WM-E-082503.pdf

I have 3 high end Pioneer receivers, they still sound better than the HT-391, but who wants to have those running all day and all night just to listen to the PCs, MP3, DAT, MCD an etc. The HT-391 is best for that!

HT-391 will give you what you want! For a cheap price and it comes with a full remote.

Sound is excellent for what it can do but it will never replace the high end receiver costing $199 to $1,000 5.1, 6.1, 7.1 and soon 8.1 channels sytems. 100x5, 100x6, 100x7, 100x8 as example.

Regards,
TipStir!

Unregistered guest
Hey I own 2 of the Regent models. One is a HT-391 & the other is a HT-2004. They both use the same remote and the only diffrence i find in the case is the HT-391 shows on the side where the sub is by useing a cloth covering. As mentioned above they both sound F*ckin Great. I have both hooked to my comp via my SB Live LS! card. I bought both Regent Models and my sound card from walmart. The HT-391 did only ring up at $30 at walmart upon the tag saying it was $49 altho the HT-2004 rung up at normal sale sticker price.

Anonymous

I bought a HT-391 11-05-03, over a year ago, for $49.99 and its still going strong, I do notice a little popping when turning the volume up and down, but the speakers seem to sound like the day i bought it when i obviously dont mess with the volume. I will suggest anyone purchaseing one of these to manually turn the switch in the back off when your not going to use it, because it still remains running to some extent if you just push the power button, and may add ware and tear, i only started turning it off with the power switch 6 months ago, so it was basicly on 24/7 for 6 months running idle or turned on. I actually went out this year and bought another one just incase this one breaks for $10 less then last year.

I might just hook it up for double the sound, who knows, Happy Holidays.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
:-)

Very Good you all like your units, enjoy!

Merry Christmas to all!

Happy Holidays to all!

slick4884
Unregistered guest
if you have an older tv, can you run the a/v jacks through your vcr?

Bronze Member

Yes, you can connect the VCR to the TV using the cable F connector. Then you take the audio out from the VCR and plug into the amp. You will need to watch your TV using the VCR as the tuner. That way you will get the sound routing to the amp.

Anonymous

why am i getting a hum? i had it on the LG tv downstairs and it was fine, up in my room it hums on my sony dvd recoder, pc and xbox, it says in the manual check all conections, done that and there are all fine, im going to send it back to asda(wal-mart) if it can not be fixed.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
Maybe one of your RCA cables on the LG is bad.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
Sorry, I wanted to say that the RCA cables on the Sony are bad.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
Best way to hookup the VCR is to use Audio/Video and use the RF (ANT/Cable TV) in for signal. If you don't have A/V you can get a Converter(RF in/out, S-Video, Video, Audio L/R) Use on TV sets that don't have S-Video or A/V connections.

Also whatever you do don't buy cheap connectors for RF Coax, A/V (Audio & Video) if you go to Wal-Mart spend the extra on 24K Philips Ultra Cables $12.97, 6ft, they also sell RCA brand but stick with Philips.

That's what I use the results are the same if you go out of your way and buy Monster brand. I have both Monster S-Video thick 24K cost $39 each and Philips S-Video 24K cost $7.97 at Wal-Mart results are the same.

Also for Digital Coax and Optical Cable don't buy Monster it and Philips you still can't tell the difference except for the extra money you spent for the Monster.

When using splitters don't buy the cheapest one go for 1GHz to 2GHz gold plated. If you find AR 2.5GHz 24K heavy duty power low loss ones (they don't use AC power) just the signal strenght is not lost. Monster sells 2GHz cost hits the roof. I feel the ARs are better than Monster again you can't tell the difference on in the price you pay.

Coax R6 2300GHz RCA for DSS, can be use on CATV Wal-Mart sells this for $17.97 good deal for 75FT comes with a ground cable and a RF protector for outdoor or can be used with a PC with Capture Card with RF connector.

For those of you who needed help hooking up your TV, VCR, DVD, HDTV an etc., everything you need is online use google to search for what you need:

Example if you need help in hooking up type it this way in google: "how to hookup a HDTV with VCR, DVD, and Surround Receiver."

I don't have time to help an answer everyones request, I got my hands full already. If I have the time I'll try, but right now I can't.

Anonymous

This was asked earlier but I did not see an answer:
What are the video in/out on the back of the sub/amp used for?

I did not use them because I did not understand thier significance and the manual said I did not have to use these if I did not want to.

Any help would be appreciated.

P.S. Those of you trying to replace your remote units, the price + postage will be higher than a new system.

ElvisChapelGuy
Unregistered guest
I was able to use the Learning feature in the RCA RCU810 Universal 8 device Learning Home Theater Remote Control to get it to work with the 3915 system

sam zybbio
Unregistered guest
i have connected these speakers to my computer and i do not hear any bass. can someone tell me why or help me?
and also i connected them to my dvd player and the subwoofer distorts. can someone tell me how to fix this problem?

Muck
Unregistered guest
I was thinking about getting these for the sound on my PC and was wondering which Cables I need if my computer has a built-in sound card with a 1/8" mini input jack

ChrisFromNL
Unregistered guest
The Video In/Out on the subwoofer is just there to make it easier for people who havnt a clue what they are doing. Just use the yellow single cord that comes with the system, and go straight from your dvd player to your TV, avoid plugging it into the subwoofer. The way I see it, why bother with the middle man, just causes more problems.

sam zybbio
Unregistered guest
i have connected these speakers to my computer and i do not hear any bass. can someone tell me why or help me?
and also i connected them to my dvd player and the subwoofer distorts. can someone tell me how to fix this problem?

Muck
Unregistered guest
Nice!! These speakers are amazing for the price!! I would recommend to anyone wanting to get a system and not spend more than $100... this was just $40 at Walmart, definitely a best buy! And it comes with tons of audio cables to save you money!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
I checked 4 Walmarts in my area. No more HT-391s. What happened??

Bronze Member

Post Number: 31
HT-391, are still around, check the Wal-Mart SuperCenters if they are in your area. Otherwise wait for restocking to happen.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
If you don't hear bass, remember if your Sound card doesn't have trebble or bass, then you have to stick to what you have now. If you system has trebble and bass from the sound card then you'll hear more bass.

You can get around this and use WM9 or WM10 from Microsoft which is free. Then turn on True-Bass. Still you're better off buying the SB Live! EX from Wal-Mart in the Computer area, which has everything you need to hear bass and trebble.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 33
Video In, Video Out, for VCR dubbing.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 34
Again most of the cables you need are provided within the box for your PC and other audio devices, I think it's a nice touch!

Now with the disaster in ASIA and since this product comes from China, there's going to be a delay in getting this product in Wal-Mart stores. If the warehouse has them, then you can find them!

To bad, SAMS Club doesn't carry them, it would be $19 to $29 for them.

Everyone have a Happy New Year! 2005

TTL

jon carson
Unregistered guest
ANYONE LOOKING FOR UNIVERSAL REMOTE CODES

i came here hoping to find help with some setup codes for the durabrand ht-3915 home theater system, but everyone asking questions about it was just ignored. here's the answer: one for all 8810w universal remote. it has a learning funtion so you can assign buttons on your old remote to any keys you want on the universal one. i just got it and it works GREAT! now i don't have to deal with that flippin' skinny silver candybar shaped thing they give ya, and i can control all my other devices with it too.

jon carson
Unregistered guest
btw, wal-mart discontinued the regent brand. it is now durabrand.

jon carson
Unregistered guest
also wanted to let tip know that the speakers wouldn't be cheaper at sam's. sam's club sells BULK items cheap. that's it. before you decide that i don't know what i'm talking about, the next time a popular dvd comes out.....check the prices, wal-mart sells popular new releases for around $14-15 for the first week it's released. the SAME DVD during the same week will cost you $19.98 at sam's. i'm the manager at the electronics dept......ALSO wal-mart is bad for the economy, folks. shop at places that DON'T import from china. so what if you have to pay an extra 98 cent for a dvd player somewhere else, or an extra 15 cents at the local grocery store for a bag of burritos. don't get me wrong, i love my place of employment, but i love my country more. happy shpping.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 35
Wal-Mart is the place to shop! You may say save jobs, but it's been like this since Korean started selling cars and electronics here in the US in 1980s. Then it was Taiwan and now it's China turn. Don't tell me a lot of you don't want to spend a lot on electronic to get cheaper.

To that user that said HT-391 is drop, it's not! Duraband model is okay, still the HT-391 is better..

As for the SAMS CLUB deals on DVDs, how much can you save at SAMS CLUB on DVD, only a few dollars on new releases. On bundle packs 5 DVDs beats Best Buy, Circuit City, and their own Wal-Mart.

Now here's something you can think about.

Liteon and clone DVD Recorder

Wal-Mart sells ILO DVD Recorder for $149
Which is Liteon Clone DVD Recorder sold at SAMS CLUB as Liteon 5101 at $139

Savings $10

jon carson
Unregistered guest
"i know mr. jones poisoned the kool-aid...but it grape flavored!!!! so you know....i'm gonna drink it anyway"

*smiles* don't get me wrong it's fun to save money, i'm just as guilty as anyone else for shopping there. but wal-mart is a retail juggernaut. i'm just saying that there are some things more important than money...you know, like our economy. that's all.

what will happen if wal-mart finally demolishes all the other major retailers? if there's no compitetion they can charge however much they want for whatever they want. capitalism is only good when there is more than one person competing for your dollar.

btw- those bundle packs suck! 5 vandam movies for $15!!!! what a deal.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
Well if Wal-Mart keeps on building those SuperCenters with gas stations there won't be much of anything left.

Additonal 3 cents off current gas prices with a Wal-Mart credit card. Plus if you don't have one you get 1 cent off current price.

SAMS Club has already taken off but you need to use your SAMS Club memembership card to use their gas station.

Now one more deal before I go, Wal-Mart has Sanyo Dolby Digital HDTV tuner and NTSC Tuner two-in-one for only $647 and it's a 30inch 16x9 CRT flat tube. No sales tax in NH, just pay $647 and your out the door. No body has that so low even if you have to pay local state tax it's still a deal.

Unregistered guest
I am a musician and I currently have no problems with Altech computer speakers but I wanted to upgrade to a better system. I tried Logitech and Dell 5.1 compter systems but both of these systems have a HUM coming out of the speakers when no music is played.

Can anybody tell me if the Durabrand 5.1 Surround Sound System, HT-3915 makes a QUIET HUM when no music is being played?

Thank you!

jon carson
Unregistered guest
i have a humming noise whenever i connect my computer to these speakers, but not when i'm using them w/ my stand alone dvd player or television.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 37
You're getting a hum noise, you have something causing that problem not the speakers. Is your PC system grounded or change out that sound card. If it's on the MOBO, then disable it and install SB LIVE EX 5.1 PCI card from Wal-Mart cost $29 bucks or you can go for AOpen 5.1 AW850 Cobra cost $12 bucks, but these sound cards have to much hiss when you record media playback is fine.

Change the audio cable also if you don't want to buy a new Sound card. These speakers aren't going to cause the HUM.

Try out the system and buy a new sound card at the sametime.

SERCH
Unregistered guest
Actually, I am not trying to connect this sound system to a pC. I am trying to connected it to a music keyboard. I just want to make sure that the Durabrand 5.1 Surround Sound System, HT-3915 does not make any HUM at all. It is very annoying to hear a HUM with some systems when I am not playing the keyboard.

Willy Girl
Unregistered guest
I want to connec the HT-3915to my iPOD and I am also concern about any hummying. Would they hum at all?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 38
I've connected MP3 mini player to HT-391, now the HT-3915 (100 watts) uses less power output than HT-391 (140 watts). Some Wal-Mart stores will allow you too hookup your stuff to the unit if it's on display and still connected to that open display. Try it out, if you don't like it take it back to the store.

I don't get any hum as you call it from any of the sources I've hookup to it: 2 PCs, DVD Player, Mp3 Mini Player, VCR an etc.

The Keyboard you have doesn't have a Midi jack on the back or a pre-amp connections? Is this a Yamaha or Casio?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 39
HT-391Upload

HT-3915Upload

jon carson
Unregistered guest
lol. i have a sb audigy 2. onboard sound is for cheapskates and dell or gateway users, but thanks for trying to explain it to me...me not think good with computers.(that was sarcasm)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 40
No not me, I am a big fan of PCs (that's want my career is in), you got my point wrong then or you didn't understand what I was saying to you.

I am not a big fan of onboard sound, PCI cards are better to use and sound better! But MOBO manufacturers have to find the cheapest way to sell their stuff. SB has been around for a long time, I know they are n't cheap.

If you want to go cheap then buy AOPen AW850 Cobra 5.1, 6 channel sound card.

jon carson
Unregistered guest
good, because i have a question maybe you can answer.
i'm building a computer for my younger brother and the mobo supports dual channel ddr. would it be possible for me to throw 1 526mb stick of pc2800 on channel 0, and 2 256mb sticks of pc3200 on channel 1(both with different timings)if i underclocked the 2 pc3200 sticks to the same frequency as the pc2800?

thanks for your time.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 41
What's the MOBO DDR max rated at? Or SPD for the MOBO? It should say? Otherwise see below:

PC2100 DDR 266
PC2600
PC2800
PC3200 DDR 400

PC3200 is will work with PC2800, most are can go backward to PC2100 if so noted, but if you have mixed ram the PC3200 will work with PC2800.

The rule of thumb is to keep the same type of RAM in the system? But I've mix brands and speeds and it works. If it doesn't you're BIOS will beep at you and won't bootup!

This is what I would do, Put the 2 DDR 256MB 0, 1 and 2 slot for the 512MB DDR.

Those PC3200 should automatically run at PC2800, unless you have some weird memory modules.

What OS are you going to installed? Remember to make sure that the Page file for 1GB of DDR is 1536/3072.

Are you going to give him a HTPC (Home Theater Personal Computer) or GMPC Game Personal Computer?

jon carson
Unregistered guest
actually, i was just seeing if you really knew what you were talking about. that was a question i was asking myself when building my computer last year, but everyone with an opinion kept telling me it wouldn't work on dual channel because of the different timings and frequencies, even if i underclocked the pc3200...but it did work. DARN IT!!!! i was trying to be a jerk and catch you in a lie(like my working @ wal-mart) or stump you or....*sigh*...my god, i'm weird. anyway, i use it for both, but why do you ask if it was for gmpc or htpc

Anonymous

I'm think oing off buying this thing should I? I already speant like 300 futtking dollars on alogitech system with a 10 inch sub and its great butt now I have buying remorse... And the damn thing is heavy and huge, perhaps I'll buy this thing a durabrand home theater in a box with the included dvd player and a 19" tv have it from walmartand sell off the expesive logetich, if you see a auction I'll let it go for a cheap price,. Its overkill for my house. Anyone have any experience with is this durabrand is any good? i use a coaxial buy tghe way, what a great convenience. the 10" monster sounds btter thean multi thiousand dollar m and k subwoofers I buy frtom the pAAST. I'm think oing off buying this thing should I? I already speant like 300 futtking dollars on alogitech system with a 10 inch sub and its great butt now I have buying remorse... And the damn thing is heavy and huge, perhaps I'll buy this thing a durabrand home theater in a box with the included dvd player and a 19" tv have it from walmartand sell off the expesive logetich, if you see a auction I'll let it go for a cheap price,. Its overkill for my house. Anyone have any experience with is this durabrand is any good? i use a coaxial buy tghe way, what a great convenience. the 10" monster sounds btter thean multi thiousand dollar m and k subwoofers I buy frtom the pAAST.

jon carson
Unregistered guest
durabrand only has rca inputs, no coaxial.

Unregistered guest
I have connected the ht-391 to my dvd player and my playstation 2, but i dont seem to be getting 5.1. I have run test disks and when sound says it should be coming out of only front, the back speakers are still making some sounds. It seems to have a difference between front and back but not as much as other systems seem. I have tested this disk on my friends totally different system and the disk works. Any ideas.

jon carson
Unregistered guest
return it

Bronze Member

Post Number: 54
The newer P2 should be hooked up into a better system with true digital 5.1 optical and digital coax sound inputs. PC games are fine, basic DVD players are fine and PC DVD players are fine for HT-391. If you want Dolby Digital EX, Digital Theater Sound an etc. the HT-391 or HT-3915 can't help you there.

The Durabrand HT3915, is a waste of money I'll take a pass on that. Found yesterday 1 HT-391, but it looked like a return and was open! This was at a Wal-Mart Super Center.

Has long as the HT-391 is available I'll be around once it's gone, I am history... well from this thread!

Username: Peteuplink

I bought one of these for my family at christmas. However I'm not sure it's working correctly. I was watching the Star Wars Trilogy and decided to take a look at the THX tests on the disk to find out if everything is correct and sounding as it should.

I selected the audio test, which is supposed to go from front left, center, front right, rear right, rear, rear left and then the subwoofer to verify that your speakers are correct.

However, when I ran the test it played front left with the 2 rear speakers, center only, front right with the 2 rear speakers, both rear speakers for the rear right, rear and rear left tests and nothing for the subwoofer.

I double checked the manual to see if this is correctly wired and connected and it definately seems to be, so I was wondering if it's a fault on the DVD player itself (but I've tried it on both my Matsui dvd225 and my Pioneer dv-535 and get the same effect each time), or is this how the unit "simulates" surround sound?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 57
You must remember this is no a full blow Dolby Digital Surround System. Which gives you full stereo surround sound from all speakers except the sub which is mono.

HT-391 gives you stereo from the Front speakers and center, the sub and the rear speakers are mono more like Matrix Surround System. It hasn't been proven yet but it's suppose to be a DPLII = Dolby Pro Logic II, which gives you 5.1 Stereo surround sound. Again DPLII doesn't give you bass management the sub is doing all the work in this system.

When you run the THX audio test, is suppose to play a tone from:

6.1 system - Rear Center for 5.1 system.
Front Left, Center, Front Right
Rear Left, Rear Center, Rear Right
Sub

Remember if you're not happy with the system you can always take it back. I would keep it and use it on PC System, Game System, MP3 Player, IPod.

Unregistered guest
I must say the reviews are mostly consistent. I have had mine for about a year and I love it. The only problem I have is that the first day I opened it my dog chewed up the remote. I haven't been able to use the full power, but it sounds good none the less. Is there anyway to get a new remote? Or can I buy a Durabrand 5.1 Surround Sound System, HT-3915 and use the same remote for both?

bow-wow
Unregistered guest
You know, your dog as well eat the whole HT-391, as there are no replacement remotes. There are replacement dogs of course!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 60
You can use the same remote from the HT-3915.

Username: Harshalsk

Start of this month I couldn't get HT-391 in Walmart around here so I ended up buying HT-3915 ($49.97) to try out. It is really a good system. I am wondering why on the earth I was listening my TV speakers for last so many years.
Surprisingly I got HT-391 yesterday at a another walmart 20 miles from my place for $39.99 and it is much powerfull than HT-3915.

I am planning to return the HT-3915 but feel it has more personality than HT-391. But hey HT-391 is 10 bucks cheap and 40 watts more. (Remotes/cables and manual is same except wattage.)

My VCR have mono Audio out and I am using a RCA Y cable to connect it to HT-391. But o/p from my Dish Satelite receiver is stereo out and it works really good. I am planning to replace my DVD and VCR with combo which will anyway get me stereo and only one device for all cable and satellite.

Although it is not a true Dolby system I don't care it is wayyyy better than my TV speakers :-))

This forum is very helpful and I now just need to find out remote control codes (GE remote) and see if it reduces hassel of working with two remotes.

Anonymous

I was able to use the One for All 8810 model remote made by oneforall with my Regent HT-391 which cost me around $17 at Wal-Mart.

It would not setup the traditional way (press set button, enter code, etc.) but had to use the learning mode. This remote has four learning buttons, so I was able to assign a button to 1.on/standby, 2. source, 3. volume up, 4. volume down.

This remote is also controlling my Samsung reciever (Direct TV), Zenith TV, an old Emerson VCR, and a Panasonic DVD player. Couldn't get it to work with my old Optimus CD player using the Optimus codes provided.

I may be wrong, but my guess is that just about any universal remote that is a learning remote will work with the Regent. However, in order to use the learning feature you have to have the original remote so you can use it to send the signal to the new remote.

Anonymous

without digital inputs(coax or optical) whats the point? a good set of speakers wired properly to your amp will do the exact same thing

Unregistered guest
We bought the HT-391 (Durabrand, but is that the same as Regent..? Please forgive my ignorance..). We only got one rear speaker, but an extra front speaker instead. Once again, forgive my ignorance, but does it matter? Should we return it?

Username: Harshalsk

That one should have HT-3915 (Duraband) as a model number instead off HT-391.
And Only one rear speaker? You can use that extra speaker as rear speaker. But it may not have long wire so exchanging is better option.
This system is 100Watts o/p and HT-391 Regent is 140 watts. both are made by same company. Lenoxx.

Hope you will enjoy it.

Unregistered guest
I bought an HT-2004 system for my bedroom. And yes for the money its pretty good. ALOT better than the speakers in my Samsung flat panel TV. O tool a look inside it and here's a couple of photos.

At best this thing is probably about 12 watts per chan RMS Power. I will do some power and distortion measurements this weekend and report back.

Mark

Unregistered guest
I bought an HT-2004 system for my bedroom. And yes for the money its pretty good. ALOT better than the speakers in my Samsung flat panel TV. I took a look inside it and here's a photos of the amp section.

At best this thing is probably about 12 watts per chan RMS Power. I will do some power and distortion measurements this weekend and report back.

Mark

Bronze Member

Post Number: 62
New HT-2004 replaces the HT-391 basically they are the same except:

HT-2004 now offers 80 watts total power
HT-391 had offered 140 watts total power

crowdude38
Unregistered guest
This thing sounds great.Does any one know if it is using mosfet output devises. Where can I get the schematic. HT-391

Bronze Member

Post Number: 63
Take it apart then put it back together.

Anonymous

Does anyone have any suggestions about purchasing a HT 500 remote. Any help would be nice...

AlienRage
Unregistered guest
i haven't gotten to test my new HT-2004 yet, but i just wanted to mention that is was on sale for $20!! at walmart. if it's anything like the 391, then it will probably rock (according to these reviews). by the way, i found more info about regent home theater systems in this thread than on the entire net. keep the convo going!

great white north
Unregistered guest
As far as universal remotes...

I purchased the "All in One URC-8811" at Wal-Mart and you can reprogram all the buttons on the HT-391 remote into the different buttons on the universal remote using the learning function. (not just the L1 L2 L3 L4 buttons as shown in the universal remote manual) So, for example, you can program the master volume + / - on the universal remote to be the master volume up/down on the HT-391 remote. etc. etc. It is a fantastic remote and it was only $35.00CAN.

As well, you can lock different functions together so it turns on different components at the same time with one button... i.e the HT-391, the TV and the DVD will turn on with one button etc. etc.

Username: Seand

I've had great success with the Radio Shack 8-in-1 Learning remote. It was a joke to "teach" it "all" the functions of the Regent HT-391. I bought it because of having to fool around with three remotes (TV, DVD and HTIB). I opted for the RS model over other, less expensive units, because it has the LCD display to show you what component you are presently controlling.

It cost 58.00 + tax (CDN)

Cheers,

Sean

Username: Seand

Post Number: 3
Addendum:

The Radio Shack Remote is on sale for 39.00 CDN. I'm on my way to do the "return and re-buy at another store" trick. I hate buying things only to have them go on sale the following week!!

Sean

Username: Vambo

Hi from the UK

i purchased the ht391 from ASDA in the UK for £35.00 ($66.50), you lucky guys get the best prices! I hooked it up last night to my TV and DVD and nearly blew the walls out!! My advice get one at this price its a steal even if it cost me $66.50!

kennie
Unregistered guest
I bought the regent ht-391 a week ago at a second hand electronics shop (digital world). Guess how much I paid? 70$ Canadian! (80.50 with tax) I think I've been ripped off. That's more than anyone else on this forum spent for theirs new! The only problem is that I kinda like the stupid thing, to replace it with anything remotely decent will cost me 300$. I'm eyeing the RCA RT2380 (http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?logon=&langid=EN&dept=10&sku_id= 0665000FS10046188&catid=19701&newdeptid=10) but can't help feeling this is a bit foolish considering my student budget.
Decisions, Decisions!

kennie
Unregistered guest
No one has posted a link to the original on walmart.com. Out of stock but interesting to see the original price. Think I should return my cdn80$ ripoff?

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?product_id=2408808&cat=105878&type=19 &dept=-105&path=0%3A3944%3A3987%3A77622%3A105878#long_descr

Bronze Member

Post Number: 64
Here's something, might want to look at this one:
Upload

COBY CS-P94
150 WATTS
$39 bucks at Fye in the States

Bronze Member

Post Number: 65
FEATURES:
5.1 Channel System
Dedicated Subwoofer with Tuned Port
Five Wide Range Satellite Speakers
Volume and bass Control
Blue LED Power Indicator
Ideal For DVD, Games, Personal Audio
Gift Box Package
Drivers:
Five Satellites: 2.25" Cone Type
Subwoofer: 5.25" Long Throw Woofer

SPECIFICATIONS:
Unit Dimensions:
Satellites: 3.35" x 6.1" x 2.35"
Subwoofer: 7" x 10" x 12.4"

Unregistered guest
So if i play a dvd in my pc and hook up the Durabrand HT-3915. Would I get surround sound.

I have the right soundcard and all.
It supports 2.1, 5.1, 6.1, and 7.1.

how about the Coby?
Where can I get the Coby?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 66
Fye audio and video they sell CDs and etc in the mall. Doesn't matter if the sound card is only 2.1 these systems will play them as 5.1. I don't know how the Coby sounds they seem to be popular in China where it's made. To me it's the same thing as the HT-391, but I don't know if it has a wireless remote, data is poor.

Username: Mama_mia

We woke up last night to a terrifying noise in the house. BUZZZZZZZZZ!!!! Amplified through the Regent home theater HT-391. (It had happened a couple of times, previously, if someone 'bumped' the unit,) but this time the back of the unit was so hot had almost caught fire. You could smell the smoke in the air.

Has anyone else experienced this type of problem with this unit? Though it has great sound, it's history in our house.

venusnotmars
Unregistered guest
We've lost the remote so I called customer service (800)315-5885. He tells me they are out of stock, they're expecting a shippment early next week. In order to get one I must first call back to see if they got them, then mail a money order for $20 (they are not set up to take credit cards) with a note telling what I want. This sounds funny to me. Has anyone else gotten a replacement like this?
Venus

Unregistered guest
Yesterday I was playing some MP3 on the Laptop while working from home and decided to hookup the same with HT-391. It worked pretty well. After some time I stopped windows media player started taking out the audio jack from laptop. When audio jack was almost out and touching just outer ring of the audio socket of the laptop I started listening some FM radio sound from HT-391. I got confused and checked if my radio is on or even if my laptop is playing something.

Some how HT-391 was able to catch Dallas FM radio 100.3 then I moved jack from laptop to some other metal object and it was still catching it. I turned off the laptop removed it's power cord and I was able to hear the radio. If you take the jack away and hold in your hand you can still hear it but in a very very low voice.

Cool hidden radio tuner in $39 bucks system.

Mine is not nuked yet but I turn it off after every 2/3 days at night.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 67
Good that you're enjoying your HT-391, I've found a lot of other systems almost the same and pushing out 500WATTs 80x5 with 100Watt Sub. Sold at BigK of all places.

Only HT-391 Regent and Colby CS-P94 are the same price.

Username: Bhushan

Washington, DC

Post Number: 4
The postings on this forum have been very helpful.

I am looking to buy a small system for my daughter's dorm room and this seems ideal. I would like your opinions of the following:

A. Is this system still available at Walmart? (as of March 2005)
B. Given the size of the speakers and limitations, what is the maximum room size I can fit this into without it sounding bad?
C. Are the cables, that come with the system, long enough to reach the rear speakers in a 12x10 room? If not what type of cables do some of you recommend I use?
D. I also have an older SONY DVD player which has attachments for Dolby 5.1. It does not do progressive scan but otherwise functions great. There are 5 pairs of RCA jacks in the rear for L, R, Center and LR, RR speakers (as well as a sub woofer, I think but not sure). Can I hook up this system to my DVD without going thru a receiver and will it function?

I also hear about the DURABAND HT-400. How do the two systems compare?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 68
I don't know if you can still find the HT-391 at a Wal-Mart store, you'll have to search in your area, the have changed to the HT-2004, but it's still a good deal for what you get. Everything is included, remote, batteries, all the speaker wire you would need which is fool proof setup.

Buy two one your daugther and an extra for the den, family room basement work area, you name it!

Remember this and the Colby has RCA Stereo L/R connectors, there is no Optical or Coax Digital connectors, but you can hook up three audio devices to it which can be switched from the remote or the unit.

I using it a Room 12x10 home office the speakers can reach and you can buy extra stands for the rear or front, but you don't need too they have hook on for wall mounts.

Happy Holidays..

Unregistered guest
Hey there,

was jst wondering about the power of this thing.. on the manual it says the Durabrand HT 391 is

"Total output power: 140 Watts at Maximum"

i also saw another site which said it was 140W RMS.

So is it really 140W RMS? What does 140W at maximum mean by the manual? Do they mean the same?

appreciate it if anyone can explain.. cheers

Anonymous

Hi,

None of the walmart stores around me carry the HT 391 at all. I have been looking for the past 2 months. The Walmart Website says it is out-of-stock.

Is there another place where one can buy the HT 391. I am looking for something in this price range WITHOUT a DVD Player.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 69
I found a couple of boxes in my area, but it was in a Wal-Mart where prices are even lower than other Wal-Mart stores go figure. The HT-391 isn't around except 1 used floor model on display and a couple of HT-2004 which only have 80WATT RMS (Root Mean Square term from the 70's) Speaker were rated 2x, 3x the power, but today's standard is different.

Look around for the HT-2004 which replaces the HT-391, you might have to go on EBAY, someone has them?

Jump in the car and drive you other Wal-Marts even ones you never been to before they might have some hidden.

samson
Unregistered guest
can anyone help me please I have the HT-391 and Lost the remote during a move. I don't want to buy a universal remote because I already have two. I just need the code, the remotes i currently have aren't very helpful even if they do have a code search feature.

Username: Grateful11

Post Number: 6
There's one on eBay right now. Item # 5772539570

Unregistered guest
I have the Regent HT-2004 and it kicks some serious @$$!!! It may be a low wattage, but add an amp and YE HA! I made it 7.1 surround with some car speakers and i didn't lose any quality and gained some. It rocks. If ya have any questions, email bonzitre@gmail.com

Username: Slick73048

I have a Regent Ht-391 but got it with no remote...I have bought a couple different universal remotes but neither have codes for a regent dvd player or theater system.....

OK all need some help...I have a Philips universal remote and a rca universal remote.....

Any help with getting these codes would be very helpful...thanks all in advance.....

Unregistered guest
I just got an ONE FOR ALL model:URC-6131nwBOO remote and it claims on the back to be regent compatiable but the code isn't listed in the book and I can't find it anywhere on the net I need help with the codes also

Email Obstacle1@msn.com if someone has a site

tyrone34
Unregistered guest
what kind of speakers should i buy if one goes out

Username: Jasonfish

Does anyone know the code for the regent ht-391 remote so I can program my universal remote?

rogerrocks
Unregistered guest
how much can you buy ht-2004 for/ what is the Rms and peak power for it?

Unregistered guest
where can i purchase a remote for ht-391?

Username: Michele3592

I've had the Regent Home Theater system for almost 2 years...now suddenly when my TV is on for hours (maybe about 6) the speakers all start popping...they do this for quite awhile and then stop. Would anyone have any suggestions on what could be wrong here? All connections are good and so are the wires.

Anonymous

You can find a remote for the HT 391 by calling 1-800-315-5885. It is $10 payable only by money order through the mail.

Unregistered guest
Looking for instructions / manuel for the Regent Model HT 2004. Any ideas?

Anonymous

I was watching a movie with the 3915 on and suddenly the sound was reduced to a whisper of sound and stayed there... any thoughts on causes/cures?

bran1287
Unregistered guest
Alright, I have a HT-3915 that ive had for about 6months now (i got it from walmart for $40). I got it after the rear speakers of my last surround sound system broke. I use it in my room where it sounds great with music with my Dell Inspiron 6000. but my Dell only has one headphone jack, and the Subwoofer only has left and right RCA jacks.
So when I am listening to music it sounds great (i put the two speakers and sub from my last system on the sides of my room to create an almost 7.2 surround using a headphone jack splitter) I used 3D plugins and sound enchancers that make my music sound better.

But when I watch a movie through Windows Media Player and I set the DVD settings to go through Dobly Pro Logic II (6, 7, or 8 speaker) it sounds really nice like real surround sound, untill the diologe comes and its really low ( i tried making the center speaker higher )

so I hav to put it on 4 speaker settings which makes the rear speakers sound like backround noise and there arent any discrete sounds,

is there a driver/plugin or something that can make suround sound come out of a single headphone jack (i know there has to be somthin because it worked , except for the diologe)
can anyone help??

turd
Unregistered guest
buy walmart s h i t and get screwed

Anonymous

hello out there i was wandering if anyone has blown their subwoofer and if so can we replace them some how i really would like to keep my unit just find a way to replace the subwoofer for the ht-391

Unregistered guest
I bought this thing a while back... I hate it. I can only get TWO speakers to work, and thats the sub and front left. Hooked it up into the DVD player first, had that problem, moved it up to the compy, still has the same problem. Trial and errored, moved speakers around from jack to jack, still had the same problem. Help anyone?

Fleet_Ad
Unregistered guest
Forgot to mention, its the discontinued Regent brand from WalMart

Unregistered guest
I have the Regent HT-2004 system, and upon playing "We Like To Party" by Venga Boys, the poor sub sounded like it was being shaken loose internally... so, i took the clip terminals from a cheap speaker, a 2-way light switch, and a bit of wire, and wired it so i can switch sound from internal to the output (for the sub) in case the sound from the sub is undesirable. i hooked up a 10" Kenwood 600w (peak) sub to the output (no choke coil) and it REALLY sounds great. to be wise, though, one might want to add a small computer fan or 3 to the heat sink on the back, as it actually gets alot warmer than usual. the new sub sounds great, however you must SEAL THE SWITCH SO NO AIR LEAKS THROUGH IT in order to maintain desirable internal sub sound. i've had mine for a year now, and am hoping to upgrade to the Logitech Z-5500 system, as this one does not have dolby sound, and i would like more than analg a.k.a. optical lol. BUT this system is a wonderful system to have, and it even comes with an rca-stereo(headphone) plug adapter, which spans a good distance from the reciever. Cool system! Great deals! Oh, by the way... In order to get the other speakers to work, you'll have to plug them in. I plugged mine in, and, heck, they work great! Just thought you'd like to know.

Unregistered guest
BTW: if that doesn't work, then you have a prob with the distributor board in the sub.

wyteboy
Unregistered guest
I have a Regent HT-500, and the remote crapped out, I recently bought a ONE FOR ALL model:URC-6131nwBOO remote and it claims on the back to be regent compatiable but the code isn't listed in the book and I can't find it anywhere on the net. HELP!!

Unregistered guest
my controller is acting up. for the HT-391. When i go to change volume it seems to change the output of the sound, like it changes the output from game to dvd etc. and it dosent change the volume. If you can tell me where to buy a new controller or if i can fix it please tell me.

Damian A.
Unregistered guest
I bought a Regent HT-391 at Walmart. Not really knowing the Brand, I am still impressed with the sound quaility. Had no problems whatsoever with it. Like most say it is hard to find this system in walmart but, i'm glad that i picked one up. Basically for the price and would buy another if i could find one at the price i paid $49.99. I don't think you will EVER find sound quaility at this price. I have play all game systems on it(PS2,Xbox etc). ALL sound is Surround Sound. I run everything to it (PC,SAT BOX,GAME SYSTEM). The thing just KICKS "A". Anyone that has heard it has said they have never heard of the name brand but, sounds like a $1000.00 System. The Saying "You Get What you Paid For" Has not meaning. I paid little nothing for the system and got back a Universe of Sound. Thank GOD for REGENT. Way to GO!!!!

Username: Gaijin1

I've had the Regent HT-391 ever since it went on sale. It's hooked to my computer and my Playstation 2 (which plays my DVD's). For the person who asked the question about the video input and video output, there you go. PS2 has three plugs - left/right/video. I simply run a video cord out to the TV to "see" the games or movies I'm watching. As most of you have figured out by now, the rear speakers are mono and do not differentiate between left and right channels. However, you are without a doubt surrounded by sound.

As for the code to the remote controller, maybe knowing that Regent and Durabrand are made by Lennox, as mentioned earlier in the forum, may be of some help. I bought the Philips Universal Digital DVD remote control at Walmart for 15-ish dollars. It controls 5 devices and is capable of learning directly from the original remote control. Every original button can be assigned. If you can't find your code it can scan until it's found. I even use it for my Playstation 2 (newer version). I won't guarantee it'll locate the code for you because I haven't had the need but just like the HT-391 it's well worth the money.

Even though my electronic devices are surge protected, the possibilty for humming/feedback is increased when more devices are plugged into the system. (I've been mixing music on my computer and interference is the last thing I need.) It may seem like a hassle but I only plug in what's being used.

Although I need to upgrade to a better speaker system, the HT-391 has been well worth it's price.

Username: Fe2o3

I've had the 391 for about 2 years now. I use it alone with my DVD player. Now I'm installing
in-wall speakers. The 391 speaker outputs say 6 ohms impedance, but my new speakers are all 8 ohms. Should I expect any problems?

Username: Chipper

Leesburg, Va Usa

hi do you know how i can purchase aremote for the same system you have? chip

Username: Hemingray

Was given the HT-391 by a neighbor after it had quit working for him. (He's let me keep it). Replaced two 1/2 ohm 1 watt resistors, and one 220uf/25v capacitor, and the system works again. Was ONLY given the amplifier/woofer unit, Been using this on my shop PC with two old Realistic wood cabinet speakers, sounds VERY good. Would like to know where I can obtain a replacement remote, or if I can use a universal remote with this.

Username: Mikeha

i am thinking about bying this system.i am just wondering bu could i hook up my mp3 player to this thig
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us