PHILIPS LX700 QUESTION

Username: Rafael_mm

Post Number: 1
Hi there. I recently bought a Philips LX700 Home Theater. I know its kind of a budget system, but it performs really well for my needs. What I want to know is: Is it normal for the sound to reach a lower volume when using digital inputs, rather than analog ones. I ask this because when playing cds or dvds ont the dvd player hooked up to the receiver (its hooked up by both digital coax and analog inputs) I get much louder sound when using analog as source. The bass is also a lot stronger when using analog sources. The digital source is clearer, but the analog one has a much greater volume and deeper bass. I don't know if its because when in analog, the subwoofer kind of play higher frequencies (boomy bass) than when on digital, and that would be the reason why the sub works less when on digital source (the frequency cutoff doesn't work so well and the sub plays what it wouldn't be supposed to be playing, and so it works more than it should). Maybe someone could help me out on this.

RFM
Unregistered guest
Beware of Philips! I bought a Philips DVD Recorder two years ago with a one year warranty on it. The piece of cr@p lasted 13 months! I know we're talking apples and oranges here, but I will never buy another Philips product without an extended warranty. Even then, I'd probably pass. Good luck, Moroni.
--Mark

Unregistered guest
I've the same Audio System and the same problem, write me to reggio@montevideo.com.uy, and we can talk about the system if u want
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us