Static with video through the Onkyo HT-S570 setup

Username: Chef

Post Number: 1
Just purchased this HTIB for $200 at Fry's, I'm really happy with it and didn't think I'd get such a nice system for such little money. Ecstatic I can run all I can through it. In the next week or two I'll be moving into a smaller room, and with all my "stuff" I've decided to liquidate....gone are my dual 21" crts and 27" tube tv, hello 21" wide screen lcd and 19" lcd

I'll be running my ps2 (also my dvd player), and DirectTV through the receiver with RCA cables. Video will go to the 21" LCD monitor with S-Video, my computer will run to the monitor with DVI, and i'm shopping around for an optical out sound card to run sound through the receiver from my computer.

As it sits now, I've got the ps2 and DirectTV running through the receiver with rca cables, then to my TV with an RCA cable for video. However, any video through the receiver comes out with a small amount of static, 1/2" long, really thin white lines. They don't sit still, and after awhile I don't notice them, but I don't get it when I run coax from the DirectTV receiver to the TV, and my ps2 to the tv with rca cables.

Can I do anything or does the receiver need to go back?

I've found a TON of good info here, just haven't found anything in reference to this yet.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us