Room to Room Video/Audio Distribution Problem

Username: Jon_m

Post Number: 1
I have a modern TV in our kitchen with component, composite, S-video, and standard coax inputs. My satellite receiver and all other electronics hub is in the living room. Although for our den I had the foresight to lay both component video and stereo audio wiring from the living room hub, I failed to so for the kitchen. Wiring from the hub to the kitchen is otherwise generous, however, consisting of: 2 RG6 coaxial cables, a 16-4 speaker cable that nicely brings speaker-level sound output from the receiver, and one still available CAT-5 run. I don't want to buy a second DirecTV receiver subscription, since we almost never need to have two different channels on at the same time. Wireless isn't an option. At present, I'm simply using the worst quality coax out from the satellite receiver in the living room and bringing this signal to the kitchen TV via one of the RG-6 cables. Is there a way to bring component video with good stereo to the kitchen TV by a modulation/demodulation or by some other means that wouldn't be too expensive? If not, what's the best way of getting a great S-video signal with good stereo to it?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us