How can I set up this lot?

Username: Carwyn

Post Number: 1
OK, deep breath..., I am getting an LG 44sz21rd rear projection tv tomorrow and have had very conflicting advice as to how to set it up! Plleeaaase can you help?
I have an Onkyo dr-L50 dvd theatre 5.1 etc,
with digital optical? and s video? not component!?
also an amstrad drx200 sky digibox
and a goodmans vp2500-a video (quite old and cheap!)
How do/can I set this lot up ensuring that the Onkyo sytem performs to its best ability and what leads/connections should I be using/
Many thanks
Carwyn

MPH
Unregistered guest
I'll do the best I can with advice but it can be difficult since each component has different connections and a different total number of connections. Video connections go in this order from highest to lowest quailty (component, s-video, rca). Audio connections go in this order from highest to lowest quailty (digital optical, digital coax, analog rca). In other words, use the high quality connections on the items that matter most to you. Use the lower quailty sources on items that are not as important. Only you can make those decisions. Here is an example for you. I'm more picky about my DVD source than my cable. Therefore, I used a componet video connection to the tv and a digital optical to the receiver. I'm not so picky about my cable source so I used a s-video connection to the tv and a digital coax to the reciever. It comes down to personal preference. From your posting I'm thinking your Onkyo does not have componet vido switching. This is ok because your new tv should have at least two component connections. I cannot stress how important it is to utilize them due to their quailty!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us