DVD or CD player? or NAD NetCap Network Player?

Anonymous

I guess I will have to upgrade my DVD player. Here is my dilemma: I believe if I just buy a good DVD player, I will not need an additional CD player, correct? I guess what I am asking is, is it worth to buy a DVD player and additional CD player? Will a good CD player be much better in reproducing music, than a good DVD player?
I have in mind the NAD T562, T572 DVD, or maybe even T533 or T513. Has anyone had any experiences with those models? Any recommendations? I do not care much about the DVD audio or HDCD (maybe I will in the future?).
Have you guys seen the new NAD NetCap Network Player - maybe this will eliminate the CD players all together...
Thanks!

Unregistered guest
Where is possible buy NAD NetCap player? I`m using NAD 513 DVD player for several months, and I`m satisfied with it. But there is no possibility to watch DivX movies.

mawi
Unregistered guest
Will NAD netcap support FLAC (lossless compressed audio)? I *really* hope so, its hifi isnt it? :-)

Bronze Member
Username: Stuermer

IL USA

Post Number: 36
From the NAD press releases, it looks like they will be using Digital5's client software. Based on the digital5 website, http://www.digital5.com/products/av.asp they say that they will support the following formats:

Content: : WMA, MP3, AAC*, AAC+*, LPCM, Dolby Digital 5.1*, LPCM, WAV*, JPEG, TIFF, PSD, PICT, Bitmap, MPEG2, MPEG4, WMV, SVCD/VCD*
Features: Bass Boost, Equalizer, SPDIF
Sampling rates @ 11, 16, 22, 32, 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96 kHz

Note that this list doesnt include FLAC but does include LPCM, which is the core format CDs are recorded in.

It also goes to say later that the video output for images and movies only supports composite/s-video (e.g. no hi-def or even component output). I have a lot of hi-res images i would like to view on my TV so this is important to me.

I also noticed that most of the sites show the price in pounds, so maybe its not released yet in the states? NAD's website says little about it but has a PDF of the overview doc http://207.228.230.231/info/netcap.pdf

Swad
Unregistered guest
Hey Anonymous

If you care about audio quality(not visual), buy a cheap DVD player and a NAD C542.

If you want good(not great) audio and video a T533 is a good buy.

The only universal players that do a great job of both are Denon 2900 and 3910

Anonymous

Oh please, don't tell me you can hear (or see) a difference between the sound (or picture) from C542, T533 or the Denon unit... unless you are a professional sound engineer or a musician - for the rest of us, I don't think it will make a difference.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us