Can i hook up my htib to dish network if i have the dual...

Username: Rdh25

Barbourville, Ky

Post Number: 1
dvr tuner.

I have the dual dvr tuner that i share between the bedroom and living room. The tuner is in the bedroom so all i have in the living room is the remote control.

i got a htib and i want to hook it up in the living room. I also got a dvd player that i will hook up in the living room.

i understand that i can hook the dvd up to the tv and then run the htib to it through the audio out, my tv has an audio out but will this let me use it to watch the satellite (since there is no receiver) or will it only be available on the channel where the tv has to be set to view the satellite?

I also have a ps2 on this tv.

any help would be greatly appreciated

Username: Philman

Richmond, IN USA

Post Number: 5
Your current connections probably give you sound through your system, but I guessing its less than wonderful. Since I don't have a clue to what HTIB you have or the distance and installation of the Dish receiver, I'm gonna offer some generic recommendations.

1. Best to route everything through the HTIB, if possible. This gives the best sound/video options and allows use of Dolby digital signals if available.

2. Swap location of dish receiver to LR so you can take advantage of composite or SVHS video and Coax/TosLink Audio connections. (Good only if Monitor/TV accepts these as inputs too) (Tv speaker only good for center channel or local (antenna) channels anyway.)

3. If available, use input 3 on HTIB for gaming system, this allows use of surround effects to enhance gaming experience.

Good luck.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us