What speakers to buy

Anonymous

I just got a new sound card (Audigy 2 ZS Platinum) and would like some speakers. I'm on a budget of $600 or less, maybe up to $1000-1200 if they sound really good. I play trumpet and piano, and listen to music a lot (fast tempo, upbeat jazz) and am picky about high quality- no bose for me. :D I don't care if they are computer speakers or separate speakers with a receiver, as long as they sound the best for the price.

Here are a few of my options.

1. Onkyo: http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=82-120-007&depa=0 these but last years model, 700 watt receiver with a few less features than this one- $350 open box at circuit city. I would probably switch the receiver with my $700 integra (i forget the model #, 6.x i think) in the other room (but i still need the receiver to replace the integra)

2. Gigaworks 7.1- i don't know a nearby store that carries them, and i'd like to listen before buying.

3. Get a 2 or 2.1 channel system from a with speakers from a high-end manufacturer like B&W or Paradigm, but sacrafice surround sound (and spend more than the $500 budget) There are places near me where i could listen to high end speakers, btw.

4. Your suggestions

Also, my room is small- 13 1/2 by 11 feet. I'm afraid of bookshelf's overpowering my room- visually and audily. Another thing, my room is not accoustically designed, and there is a definate echo compared to the rest of the house.

Thx for your input

Anonymous

Hi. I have a 12x20 room that 2/3 is living room and 1/3 is dining room. I have a Kenwood VR-6070 receiver. Im using Klipsch RP-3's for front speakers. What are the best surround speakers, including center, for my system. I want to use the powered subwoofers of the RP-3's and not add a separate subwoofer. What do you recommend? Thank you.

Mr. DTS_Rocks
Unregistered guest
you people are crazy- PLEASE get the highest end logitech speaker set- i have the z680's and beleive me, and you can read the reviews- it doesnt get any better than the high spec logi's- and they are thx certified!!!! your looking at 500 smakers for 'em, well within yer bduget

TPE
Unregistered guest
They forget to tell you that the THX portion is not in the speaker but how everything is set up and the wiring. Marketing 101 - BTW if $500 is the highest end for a company in this industry.......
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us