Help with putting together Home Theater System.

Username: Bladez42598

Post Number: 1
I finally put enough money on the side to get my 52 inch HD and want to compliment it with some surround sound. I have been researching and have found a lot of INFINITY speakers that I like. I originally was going to go with a HTIB but was told by two of my friends that are into this stuff that they are not the way to go. I am looking to piece together a system (nothing at all elaborate) for around like $1000. Now, I have seen plenty of quality used things on ebay and other places so I'm not afraid of going that route. Money is very tight I just bought my 1st house and got the TV I'm sure some will say spend the extra but thats just not an option right now. And help at all would be appreciated. INFINITY is not necessarily the brand I have to go with but it's just one of the brands I have noticed are good quality and can pick up off ebay. I noticed that ATHENA setup in Best Buy the other day which sounded great to me but I'm sorta turned off by the HTIB after being steered away from it by others. ANY INPUT IS APPRECIATED GUYS.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 2189
The Athena set up is a great way to get your first surround speakers. Now all you need is a decent receiver that can drive them. Spend the money that you have left from buying the speakers on HK AVR230, maybe a Pioneer surround sound receiver. Check how much you have left after the speakers and shop around.

Username: Bladez42598

Post Number: 3
I'll have been reading all the posts on this site for almost the whole day now.lol and I am reading a lot of good things about the ATHENA....at BB right now they have a package deal that includes a yamaha reciever. Maybe I can work something out with them to upgrade the reciever or do something for me. Thanks for the input Berny

Gold Member

Post Number: 2193
I wouldn't want to pair the Athena's with any low level Yamaha's, just my choice, a lot of folks like them so, do not be swayed by my preferrence, listen for yourself and choose.

I don't remember what other receivers BB sells.
Enjoy the hunt!
cheers

Anonymous

If you are talking about ATHENA Micra 6, amazon has it for $313 compared to BB $499+tax

Anonymous

If you are talking about ATHENA Micra 6, amazon has it for $313 compared to BB $499+tax

Gold Member

Post Number: 2221
The Athena Micra 6 just went on sale at Best Buy for $249.99

Username: Sam4age

Post Number: 1
There is a silver $499 and black $250 mica6 at Best buy? what is the difference? which one is better?

Is it better getting a system or piecing it together?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us