Tv thru my surround sound

Username: Theexo51

Post Number: 1
hi guys...im new!

i just got a surround sound set up for xmas. using the leads that came with it, i have it running through an extension port on the tv..so when i choose to watch a dvd i have to put the extension channel on and it plays in lovely surround sound.
however, this means i can only use my nice shiney speakers when watching something on the surround sound unit. what i want is to have the speakers work when watching normal telly, not necesarily surround sound but just using the speakers.

is this what componant outputs allow? since it seems they go straight into the telly and not thru an extension port. any help would be great

Bronze Member
Username: Shantao

Post Number: 78
HI;

I am not sure I understand what you are asking. Is it that you just want to use the surround sounds speakers, or that you want the tv to play through the surround sound unit (i.e., have it on, amplifying the sound, etc.)

If you want the surround unit to play the sound that is on the tv, run a set of red and white rca cables from the tv's "audio out" jacks to an open input on the receiver. Then turn on the surround sound unit on and set it to that input and there you go.

Hope that helps.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us