PSB / Paradigm / Totem

Username: Hypokondriak

Post Number: 1
Ok as a disclaimer I know that I need to hear for myself, but given the fact that it is a several hour drive to the nearest dealer for any of these I want to try and narrow it down. My budget range is around $2500, but could change if it is really going to make a huge difference... but anything beyond $3000ish is really getting out of the question. Now that my disclaimer is over, here is what I am looking at:

PSB Command Performance HT - I've heard PSB before and love the sound, but have not heard the new Image line. Priced at around $2500 USD depending on dealer it is priced perfect for my budget. Speakers include:

Up Front: Pair - Image T65
In the Center: One - Image C60
Surrounds: Pair - Image S50
The Sub: One - SubSonic 6i

Paradigm Reference HT - Hard finding prices on this, but I am interested in the setup as reviewed here:

http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/volume_7_2/paradigm-reference-speakers-6-2000.htm l

They have the list price as $3100.00, which adds an extra $600 on top of the PSB. Speakers include:

Up Front: Studio/40s
In the Center: Studio/CC
Surrounds: Studio/ADPs
The Sub: PW-2200

Totem Dreamcatcher (modified). I've been turned on to Totem from threads here and reviews because of their outstanding build quality, and from an aesthics standpoint (which is barely important but worth noting) they are my favorite. I would likely want to replace the fronts with 2 Mite-T's which would once again get me in the $2000 range.

Up Front: Mite-T's
In the Center: Dreamcatcher Center
Surrounds: Dreamcatcher Surrounds
The Sub: Dreamcatcher Sub

In closing what I am looking for is the following:

1. Am I really going wrong with any of my choices - in other words, are all of these really worth evaluation? Is there anything that I should strike off my list?

2. Is the Paradigm Reference worth the $600 difference over the PSB? At this time I'm leaning toward PSB, but I can be swayed.

Thank You in advance.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us