NexxTech Home Theater System ESDVD100

Username: Kbk

Post Number: 7
NexxTech Home Theater System ESDVD100

Ok, here's another cheapie. But I figure I would ask anyone to give me some feedback on this HTIB. It put out 100 total watts.

Username: Davidmanager

Erie, Pa

Post Number: 1
I purchased this system on Black Friday at Circuit City, I am pretty impressed with it although its only 100watts, it puts out great sound, but I am having problems listening to movies in DTS, and am searching for a solution......Otherwise, its a great system on a budget.....

Anonymous

Does anyone happen to know if universal remote codes exist for this thing? Or the code of another product that will work?

Kevin Bayer
Unregistered guest
Bump for the nexxtech universal remote code. I cannot find this anywhere?!?!

Thanks for any help!

David N
Unregistered guest
Ditto on the remote code.

Also, my cable box remote menu arrow buttons are changing the volume on the esdvd100. Any way around that?
Thanks!

Eric678
Unregistered guest
I did some research on the remote code and could not find one ready made. The protocol used is standard NEC1. I created a code and loaded it as an upgrade to my URC-8811 via the JP1 interface. I will be posting it to the jp1 forum on yahoo once I am satisfied it is okay.

I expect there are other asian made HTs that are compatible. FYI- Nexxtech is owned by Circuit City via subsidiaries Orbyx and Intertan.

As David N found out, the reciever is pretty forgiving on decoding which can be a problem. I too found the volume to be most susceptible to erroneous transmissions from other remotes. I can't think of a solution to this with out a firmware upgrade to the receiver.

Also, I'm hoping that someone figures out a way to change the region or make it multi region. I'll play around with remote button codes that are not on the supplied remote to see if any special menus appear.

LindaJM
Unregistered guest
Just so I've go this straight, there is NO solution for the lack of remote control code for this NexxTech unit? I have this model (ESDVD100) and I've searched the web looking for something to allow me to program this remote into the universal remote I received from Comcast. I have found nothing so far. At the very least, I want to be able to control the volume of this receiver with the Comcast remote. Is there a way to program JUST the volume control? Can anyone help me (and talk to me like I am two....thanks).

Username: Davidmanager

Erie, Pa

Post Number: 4
Is anyone when switching to listen to the movie in DTS having problems with volume swells or crossover interferference from one of the surround speakers/ Let me Know

Thanks

LindaJM
Unregistered guest
I think I'm going to return this system (ESDVD100). I am convinced that there IS NO remote control code. But even worse than that, I cannot stand that the buttons on my Comcast remote change the volume on this stupid thing. I press the Guide button, volume goes up. Press the arrows to go up and down the TV Guide, volume goes down (and up again). Not acceptable. I'm getting something else.

Unregistered guest
It's really superb. Although it's 100 watts, the sound is more. STEREO and DTS effects are very good. FM is also working fine. I bought it in CircuitCity and had taken it to India. It's functioning there also without any problem.

Unregistered guest
It's really superb. Although it's 100 watts, the sound is more. STEREO and DTS effects are very good. FM is pretty. I bought it in CircuitCity and had taken it to India. It's functioning here also without any problem.

just_passin_thru
Unregistered guest
Re: The system reacting to your other remote.
It does that to me with my TIVO remote. In my case, it's just repeating the last button pressed. I simply hit ANY non-AUX active button after adjusting the sound level.
As for the codes, you might spend $50 for a "learning" remote...

MikeB
Unregistered guest
Similar to others, I found that hitting the Guide button or channel up/down on DirecTV remote causes the NexxTech to adjust its volume. VERY annoying. But this is otherwise a real good deal. Has anyone come up with a solution?

Anonymous

Does the DVD player in this system play back burned DVD's (DVD-R, DVD+R, etc)?

t0s9476
Unregistered guest
It plays DVD-R and DVD+R (Fuji, Memorex, RITEK burned on NEC 2510.

Same problem with remote interference. Volumes goes up whenever I press brightness button on my Infocus 4800 projector remote.

alpha
Unregistered guest
I bought the system at Circuit City. It sounds great.
The door would not open I had a cd inside so Iforced it open and it operated fine abot 98% of the time.
I am goin to takeit back and exchange it.
How do it hook it up to the direct tv sat. system
I paid $68.00 for it. Souds like I paid $500.00

GeneTeich
Unregistered guest
Bought this unit for the kids downstairs entertainment area last christmas from Circuit City. I think I paid $79 or something like that. It works great for us - good enough that I just bought another one for my sister because she wanted an entry level system for under $100. It plays Philips DVD+R and TDK+R / -R just fine. The sound is great for a small room and we can live with the volume corssover issue between remotes. Hopefully someone will find a solution for that one of these days. I would recommend this system for a low cost surround sound kit.

Musicman7869
Unregistered guest
Does this thing have optical or coaxial digital lines in? cuz i cant see in the photo of it or on the specs. I need to get info on this for a friend.

Username: Xcal

hi. i bought this system a few months ago and it was fine. then i didnt use it for a few months and i tried to watch a movie today but it says 'no disc'! ive tried multiple dvd's. anybody know how to fix this? if its something with my system, what place would fix it for me?

thanks

Unregistered guest
hi. i was given this system as a gift and it works great for the most part, but i dont have a remote for it. please, please, somebody give me some advice since i cannot find it anywhere, and i need my remote. thanx rn

Laura from Argentina
Unregistered guest
HI! Could anyone figure out how to turn it multi-zone? I bought it in Circuit City but live in S.America (zone 4). Help, please!!!!!
Other than that, it works and sounds great. Paid 80 bucks.

Anonymous

i bought this system a few months ago and it was fine. then i didnt use it for a few months and i tried to watch a movie today but it says 'no disc'! ive tried multiple dvd's. anybody know how to fix this? if its something with my system, what place would fix it for me?

aravind.de
Unregistered guest
I have connected the audio out of the TV to the audio in (AUX 1) of the home theatre system. But the home theatre system doesnt pick the sound from the TV (normal cable TV). Works fine when playing DVD. ??

Username: Rockelino

I FOUND IT I FOUND IT!!! THE UNIVERSAL REMOTE CODE FOR THE ESDVD100!!! okay, it works with my TimeWarner Cablebox universal remote. (Los Angeles, CA) I found it through the manual search option for the IR Code. It is: 1-0-6-8. Now, I dunno weather to cry or to be happy, cuz the PWR button work, The VOL+ work, however!!!: VOL- and MUTE DO NOT WORK AT ALL!!! I've tried everything, nothing works, I emailed the Remotes Tech-Support, but nothing so far, can ANY1 HELP??? roibitton@hotmail.com THNX

Username: Flipside3

Surrey

Post Number: 3
okay guys you are in not great luck here but it seems to be fine for me yes my remote does be an silly i just press ok after pressing anyother button then im fine i have no problems what so ever i watch movies in 5.1 dts stereo w/e i like stereo is being weird it goes on and off by it self though but so far good sub isnt so loud though o well its only for my room

Bronze Member
Username: Camperbc

Post Number: 19
huh?

Username: Dumper

I too have the 'No Disc' problem... any idea on how to fix ?

Username: Stangfriik

I know this thread is really old but has anyone found a fix to the issue regarding other remotes causing this players volume to change?

I got a Vizio LCD for Xmas and pressing any button on it causes the damn volume to change. Even though I don't use the Vizio remote for much except changing the input and adjusting menu options, it's quite annoying

Username: Jmikl

The volume on my Nexxtech ESDVD100 goes up and down when I'm changing channels on my TV using a Hitachi remote. I haven't quite figured if it's going up when I am pressing channel up and vice-versa, but one thing is for sure, it's pretty annoying. Anyone out there knows how to fix it? Thanks!!

Username: Stangfriik

Post Number: 2
For some reason, the nexxtech's use the same frequency as some remotes so when you're using your tv remote, the dvd player still thinks you're using its remote.

The only workaround is to press a button such as stop on the dvd remote. Once you do this, the volume on the nexxtech will stop moving.

The reason is because the volume must have been the last thing you pressed on the nexxtech remote so whenever you're using your tv remote, it wants to change the volume even though you're not pressing the volume button on the tv remote.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us