Blew my front Klipsch speakers

Username: Saneless

Post Number: 1
Had a party, was playing a recorded CD in stereo mode and somebody cranked up the music all the way up. Blew both my front Klipsch Quintet speakers. My system,

Marantz SR5000 DD/DTS Receiver
Klipsch Quintet with upgraded Center speaker (Klipsch SC1, me thinks)
Pinnacle 100W 10 inch sub

I am now not able to find these speakers on the market. Can anybody recommend speakers that will match what I have? I was thinking about replacing all speakers with the ORB Mod2, but am just not able to justify it within my budget.

Will the Fluance bookshelf speakers work out with this setup? Help somebody...

gavincumm
Unregistered guest
go to ebay, you can find pairs of these speakers for sale quite frequenty.

Honestly, if it were me, I would upgrade to the new SB series speakers. I never was too fond of the quintets. They sounded too hollow to me IMHO.

Gavin

Username: Saneless

Post Number: 2
Well, checked out ebay, ubid (which is where I had originally bought them) and yahoo auctions. There are no sign of these speakers anymore.

And I guess after looking at the Orbs the last couple of days, my mind is all set on them. If any body has/had any problems with the Orbs Mod1 or Mod2, please let me know.

And thanks, gavincumm

Sammy Hagar
Unregistered guest
I have the four Klipsch Quintet satelite speakers. I do not have the Quintet center speaker. Does anyone have a recommenation for a center speaker that will go with these satellites? Thanks!

Bronze Member
Username: Monolgoue

Post Number: 48
You will love the Orbs...big step up for you.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us