Dolby Digital through Adelphia Digital Cable Question

Username: Narkosis

Stuart, Florida USA

Post Number: 1
Whats going on everyone. I just got Adelphias High-Speed Internet and Digital Cable. I use a Dolby Digital receiver for my Xbox using the optical port on the "SAT" setting. I went out and purchased a digital coax cable to get dolby digital from Adelphia. So far, to my knowledge, everything is hooked up properly. Digital Coax from cable box to the receiver. And the basic R/W/S-Video from the cable box to the receiver for prologic. I can hear the Prologic on every channel. But I hear nothing when I switch it over to Coax. What am I doing wrong? Do I need to watch for a specific program to come on with the disclaimer of "Presented in Dolby Digital Where Available" and switch it to the Coax setting?

CaptRespect
Unregistered guest
The deal is that Adelphia's box probably only supports sound through the digital audio cable when you are on a digital cable channel.

I had the same problem and figured the thing was broken and just hooked up stereo connectors. One day I decided to watch a movie on HBO and tried it again. Wow, I had digital audio! Pumped about this I switched it back to the other channels and no sound was heard till I turned up the TV speakers. It sucks.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us