Speaker suggestion for Yamaha RX V2400

Anonymous

I plan on buying a Yamaha RX V2400 receiver. Please advise me on what speakers go well with Yamaha RX V2400 receiver. Since I keep moving pretty often, I would prefer smallest bookselfs or the best satelites. Appreciate your suggestion.

Bronze Member
Username: Spshond

Post Number: 30
I have the RXV1400 with the Energy Encore Setup. 125 Watt RMS speakers. 8 ohm. The reason I love this setup is becuase I love the brightness of the sound quality when watching movies. My system is setup for mainly 90 % movies. I get a crisp sound. You may be more of a warm listener though. If you like Crisp Fire scenes in movies, go with Encores. The Energy Encore system runs for about 1,000.00 Do not pay more than that. you may find them at 900.00 2 fronts, 2 rears, center, & SUB

Milton Harris
Unregistered guest
Rico,
What did you pay for your RXV1400? I am looking at the Encore with a RXV740, do you think it is worth the extra money to go to the 1400?
How do you like the Encores for music?
What size is your room and how does the Encore sub perform?
I know a lot of questions, but you are where I am likely headed. Thanks.
Anyone else with this combo?

Bronze Member
Username: Spshond

Post Number: 33
I gotta tell ya, I knew I wanted the Encores becuase of there brightness, I tried 3 different receivers before I was happy with the sound I wanted. I tried the Denon 1804, hated it. I tried the Harmon Karmon, that was okay. I went to the Yamaha & I was happy. It all depends on your ears. I love the RXV1400 becuase of the Microphone feature. It will set your speakers for you Automatically. You can find the 1400 for about 550.00 on the internet, but I went to a local dealer & paid 639.00 just becuase of the horror stories with dealing with internet stores. This way it is warrantied for an additional 3 years. For music they sound great, but my main reason for the encores was the concerts in DVD & the movies. The encore SUB is phenomenol, I love the fact that it reacts with a punch & not a Sustain effect. The room is w=14, l=16, h=10. I added the Monster HTS3500 Power conditioner. I listened to & without. There is a definite difference in brightness

Username: Bsarun

Post Number: 1
I read good reviews on Axiom speakers. Has any one tried them with Yamaha recievers. I am thinking of buying Axiom to go with Yamaha receiver.

70x30 Movie x Music. 15x20 Room.
Receiver: Yamaha V2400
Bookshelves M3ti
Surrounds QS4
Centers VP100
Subwoofer EP175

How does this combination sound?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us