Samsung HTDS100 vs. Sony HTDDW660

Rhetoric
Unregistered guest
For several reasons (including budget & a gift certificate), I am limited to choosing between the Samsung HTDS100 and the Sony HTDDW660 for a home theater system.

My dad has setup a system in a good size room that is around 24 X 20. He's got a projector and screen that both look great. Currently, he's got miscellaneous speakers that he's had lying around hooked up for a surround sound effect. However, it has a ways to go.

We're looking to move to the next step up from what he's got now. The receiver he's using is basically an old boombox that isn't very fancy or powerful. The speakers range from decent to bad and several are a good 30 years old.

Would either of these systems provide a noticable difference in quality for us? Right now, the sound really isn't bad, but you can't really get that "in the movie" feeling since there is next to no bass and we're afraid to turn it up too loud for fear of blowing out the speakers.

My questions are: will either of these systems be an improvement? If so, which would you recommend and why? They are both the same price at abtelectronics.com (where we have the gift certificate)

Thanks for any help!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us