PS2 DTS problem with DVD movies..

erhan
Unregistered guest
I can watch Dolby Digital but not DTS. How can I activate DTS in PS2. It can not be done in menu of PS2.

Unregistered guest
To enable DTS, please follow these steps:

During the playback of a DVD Video, stop the film. This should be done by either:

a) Pressing SELECT on the Dual Shock 2 controller to display the DVD Menu, then selecting the STOP icon and pressing the X button twice

b) Pressing the STOP button on the DVD Remote Control unit (if used) twice.

From the DVD Menu screen, proceed to the 'Audio Setup' menu and select 'Audio Digital Out'. The DTS function can then be switched ON or OFF by highlighting it and pressing the X button.

Please note that pressing the O button on the Dual Shock 2 or the Remote Control Unit whilst a DVD Video is playing will not fully stop playback as Resume Play will still be operational, and the DTS function will not be accessible.

Bronze Member
Username: Monkey_man_jack

Post Number: 40
Also you can save the settings to your memory card so anytime you watch a movie it will automatically come up in DTS or Dolby D depending if the movie is DTSS or not. If you dont save the settings to your memory card then you will have to go into the menu everytime and manually turn it on.

Mr. DTS_Rocks
Unregistered guest
when i first hooked up my ps2 to my reciever, i was only getting 2 channel sound ,through the optical port- turns out i needed the driver update on the disc that ONLY comes with the original ps2 dvd rempote- the newer ones do not have the discs, and the original remote is nearly impossible to come by.

if you have an older ps2, you will not see a dts option. i you do have a older ps2, ill pray fo ryou because finding those things are...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us