Archive through September 28, 2004

Anonymous

does anyone know about this home theatre system??? the price???

Silver Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 391
junk...worth??? $50, very popular at the flea markets or swap meets, depending on which part of the country you are. Being passed off as more expensive than they really are.

Anonymous

Don't do it! I'm from San Diego and that is a scam people are running down here. They drive up to you in a parking lot with a truck full of dahltons claiming that they somehow ended up with some extra ones and that they need to sell real quick. They even had a convincing brochure

Stezo
Unregistered guest
Wow! Two guys just did this to me the other day... I was SO close to buying them too. They had a magazine that showed the same system they were trying to sell me -- it was $1500 in the mag! They asked for $150. I'm glad I wussed out!

xitwoundz
Unregistered guest
wow...some cats just did this to me and i got them for like 150 bucks...they had an ad in a magazine and everything..i thought i was getting away clean....aint that a biitch

suckered
Unregistered guest
This just happened to me, I paid 300! I am going to be sick!

suckered
Unregistered guest
can any of you tell me what kind of car these guys were driving? This happened to me in Lake Forest at the Mobil station. The guys were in a White Astro Van with chrome wheels.

Silver Member
Username: Gman

Mt. Pleasant, SC

Post Number: 513
There are lots of "these guys".

Why get mad at them? Would you buy a "Rolex" from someone with a brochure at $50? If so, there are phoney Rolex's sold everday all over the street in NYC and SE Asia.

And these speakers aren't even parading as a "Rolex"--they are a No Name Dahlton or something else. Anyone with a computer can print out professional-looking invoices and magazine reviews on magazine paper that are indistinguishable from the real thing.

Ignorance and greed set people up for these scams. And these scammers rely on the fact that most people they bump into will be ignorant of speaker brands and will fall for the phony invoices, the fake story, the phony magazine reviews, and biggest aspect of all--GREED. The purchaser thinks this is "hot" merchandise or otherwise illicitly gotten and they want to get in on a good deal.

As I said--Greed and Ignorance are two great ways to be taken advantage of. It is very difficult for most people to be angry at themselves--so they are angry at the scammers.

Who hasn't gotten those moronic e-mails from Nigeria, Sierra Leone, Ghana, etc--(I even got one from China)--about the person coming into 35 million and they are picking you (out of all the people in the universe) to take 33% of the money if you give them your bank account number.

Greed and Ignorance.

Silver Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 561
the speaker scam is so old school, but greed is even older.

Brett
Unregistered guest
WOW i wish that i have seen this web site sooner ........ i paid 300bucks............man this is a real pisser

Anonymous

These idiots were in the Sand City Beacon gas station. This is in Monterey County. Real smooth talkers. I hope they get caught and have to reinbursed eveyone they bilked. They were in a white mini Van. I am going to call the news station to put out the alert. I suggest everyone should do the same.

Richman
Unregistered guest
Ebay ad titled
SURROUND SOUND SPEAKERS - Dahlton AV 5.1 THX
THIS SYSTEM RETAILS FOR $1500.00! Sold by ukpacd( 0 ) Glad I didn't buy them. This site rocks! Thank you all.

Anonymous

Well too late! Another one bits the dust!! I bought them on Wed. 5/19 in Hayward ca. There were two guys, blond mid to late twenties driving a gold color Denali. They pulled the exact same thing. Pulled out a magazine and showed me the Dahlton 5.1 THX speaker system for 1495.00! I never heard of the Dahlton but thought it could be worth a couple of hundered. I ended up paying $220 and thought I got a great deal!! Should have known better!!

Unregistered guest
They just got me for $260 near 62nd and College Avenue in San Diego. Jerks. At least I was a "better bargainer" than most of the other suckers. I believe the license plate was W24 ZIT, from Florida. I'm sure about the Florida, and the last 3 digits, but not positive about the first 3. Burgandy Ford Expedition. Anyone got any ideas? Post here

Anonymous

Well I guess you live and you learn. I was taken also, yesterday 5/28/04 in Mayfield Heights, Ohio. Two young men (white/early 20's), in a white mini van, with Dahlton plastered all over the side of the vehicle. $300.00 was my loss, the sad thing is my "gut" told me not to purchase the speakers. We negotiated from a starting price of $900.00. I was convinced I was a getting a good deal and based my decision on the expensive brochures,and the kid's awesome salespitch. Shame on me for buying them. The worse part is the kid tried to hit me up for an additional $20.00 for beer.

I believe it's time to seek help,as I will be contacting the local authorities as well as all of the local News Agencies. Time to fight back!!! Now I'm mad.

I encourage everyone to pass the word on to family and friends...etc...etc....if and when approached by these guys recommend this course of action:

buy into their salespitch, and negotiate or force them to reduce the price to $100.00 or less. Gather as much information as possible regarding the situation and forward it accordingly.

By the way anyone want to buy some speakers:-)

Anonymous

Well, same guys just hit Omaha, nebraska June 2nd. Looked like a black Ford Explore, Florida license plates. two white guys, blonde hair, mid 20s.

"""They just got me for $260 near 62nd and College Avenue in San Diego. Jerks. At least I was a "better bargainer" than most of the other suckers. I believe the license plate was W24 ZIT, from Florida. I'm sure about the Florida, and the last 3 digits, but not positive about the first 3. Burgandy Ford Expedition. Anyone got any ideas? Post here"""

JJB
Unregistered guest
Damn! What can I say.. I'll chalk this one up and learn from it. No use in being mad anymore. I was at first. Man I was freakin mad. Really didn't know the brand but since they showed me the expensive speakers in one of those home speaker magazines I thought it was cool. Later looked on the internet for the specs before I even opened the boxes and found that scam alert site and I wanted to throw up. I admit though, I really didn't want to buy em at first but got em down to 200.00. I thought it was a good deal. I guess I was wrong... I hooked the speakers up and they don't sound half bad but I'm sure that they should sound better for supposedly being 1500.00. I could tell they were cheaply made. but what I don't get is that they had the instruction booklet and warranty card and serial #s. So are they really Dahltons or knock offs and if they are real, then shouldn't I be able to get my money back for there craply made stuff right. I'm not a sound system buff so I really don't know but I'm sure I got scammed. It's to good to be true, 200.00 bucks for 1500.00 Dahlton kv 1500 ti loudspeakers. I guess I can only blame myself and my own greed. It still pisses me off. These were two white guys, kinda surfer looking one with curly blonde shoulder length hair and other had light brown shoulder length hair but was straight, in there late 20's early 30's. They said they were out of Houston TX. They both looked sun burned and there breath was rank (should of got the clue then hu) They were slick talking and pretty cool had that party vibe cool guy attitude. They were in a grey brown maybe dirt color dodge ram (didn't get licence plate #) I was hit up in Downtown San Antonio TX. a little ways where I work. Same stoy, flagged down gave me the story of over ordered, over stocked already paid for speakers for a job they finished. They didn't want to take them back to there boss. Whatever I could come up with was good with them they started at 900.00 got down two 200.00 for both speakers showed me speaker magazines that had the store price. They just wanted to make a little beer money or some sh*t. So i finally gave in and bought those damn things. O well If I ever see those fu%kers again, till then I'm gonna chill. Just thought I would share my story.

pistol pete
Unregistered guest
WOW!!!!! This just happened to me today in Lansdale, Pennsylvania. Same exact story. 2 white guys, white van, early 20's, smelled like booze, they pulled up to the gas station like a bunch of lunatics. They said they worked for T&M Enterprises. Damn I paid $200 for the Dahlton 5.1 system!!! They were gonna give me the big speakers for $240 but i didnt have the money. Wow I cant believe this has happened all over the place. I'm so gullible. Oh well well see how they sound when i hook them up!!

Unregistered guest
I got my a** scammed. I had to pay 130 and it aint worth sh*t. Only the subwoofer worked anyways. I payed 130 for a subwoofer. That sucks. Me and my friend Johnny Wayne Fusilier, Jr. got scammed at Almeda Mall in Houston, Tx. They were white people with Boston accents. They pulled out a magazine with the same system for 1500. They claimed that they were only supposed to have 2 but they got 3 because somebody else made a mistake and so they had to sell the third one quick so they wouldn't get in trouble.
Today wasn't a good day. First I had to take the SAT and then we got scammed. Then I went fishing and caught a tree. This really sucks.

The Shadow
Unregistered guest
They are in San Jose California, now doing this scam, please contact your local police authorities and get there license plate number and post it, these people don't like alot of attention.

The Shadow Knows

macgman
Unregistered guest
Aliso Viejo California - 2pm 6/08/04
My boss comes back from lunch (sweet lady) tells my she 2 guys in a gold Chevy truck told her they had extra Dahlton Home Systems. They showed her an invoice and said they had extras and were just giving it away. They conned her out of $50. She thought they might be worth something. I told her, clowns like this are always like hey bro...need some speakers. Yeah right! Buzz off! Anyhoo - license plate# 4WJ469
SHE DID GET THAT!

Anonymous

THEY GOT ME FOR $200.00 FOR THE JUNK DAHLTON'S.
THIS ALL TOOK PLACE AT NOON 6-8-04 IN THE MCDONALD'S PARKING LOT ON ROUTE #1 AND ROUTE 24 IN REHOBOTH BEACH DE.

Anonymous

They got me for $60 and this took place in South Coast mall.

Anonymous

They are in the Bay Area. Livermore, CA to be exact. Told me the story about how they were only suppose to get 4 orders but got six and wanted to get rid of the 2 and make some extra cash quikly. This happened in the Livermore Walmart parking lot. Said they worked for some audio store. white guy, young to mid 20's- tim hudson type hair under his lip. also a light skinned black guy with a goat, young 20's. They drove a newer looking ford explorer, gold/beige in color. got me for freakin $200, worked them down from $600. WHAT A DEAL. I'm an idiot and my girl fried is pissed! If I see these guys, no cops, no police reports, just my fists in their grills. The guy even said "you owe me a beer next time i see you". Ya-he'll need a few beers if there is a next time. I'm so Pissed. Unfornately there is no one to really blame except my self. I have filed a police report, and the livermore police said there have been other reports similar, except in white vans. Anyway, don't buy $hit from anyone in a parking lot.

Jim Parker
Unregistered guest
To the guy in livermore. I just got burned today also "I guess"?..at the shell staton right by Target Los Positas. Same Guys....paid $120.00.
Do they work?

b3arfuck3d
Unregistered guest
I got bear-f^cked by those same c0cksuckers in Orlando, FL. I will hunt them down!!!DESTROY! DESTROY! DESTROY!
Its my own stupid a$$ fault though
i knew they were bear-f^ckers from the second i saw them. Talk about some social engineering!!! A lesson learned the hard way. Seems that i have to learn all of life lessons the hard way. May those bear f^ckers be rhino F^CKED!!!

Unregistered guest
You can see my post and many others:

http://www.scamshield.com/Sighting.asp?country=none&state=Pennsylvania&article=1

Just go to the home page for more info. and to see other states. Is a great site.

dooped
Unregistered guest
son of a... I had some guys stop me today while i was driving down the street. They were driving by and yelled at me in my car and told me to pull over. They told me that they were an amazing deal, and they weren't stolen, they were just extras. They told me it wasn't illegal, but their supplier at the warehouse gave it to them as part of a deal. It was gonna be $200 but i threw in $20 for "beer money." Could have been worse considering that they were asking me for $700. I checked them up online when i got back home and saw this! Watch out, this isn't just going on in the big cities... This happened to me in little old South Bend, Indiana!

ThisOneDude
Unregistered guest
The Home Depot @ Fremont, CA
Happened at the parking lot. about 3:30pm.
White guy and a black guy. Both in their late twenties... Drove a GMC DENALI... Silver/Gold color. License plate number 4SJA591. I got very suspicious, so I wrote down their license plate number. They told me they were from Livermore, and got extra sets... so needed to sell them quick cuz their boss had screwed them before. Wanted to get back at him... Yeah. I paid $100. Woot!

ThisOtherDude
Unregistered guest
I went down to the police station. They told me that I'm screwed. As long as I got speakers in the box, it's not a scam. It's a scam only if they give me "rocks" instead of speakers.

Hayward
Unregistered guest
I got them for $80.00 from the guys in the Denali
in Hayward, ca near Whipple I knew the magazine and the to many systems loaded this morning was bullshit but $80 wasent to bad

dumbsucka
Unregistered guest
yeah i bought the two big speakers. he tried to get 500 bucks from me! i paid 250 for them. has anyones actually worked? if so how are they? its messed up because they even have a website with the speakers on them but no prices, just specs. it sucks that there are these kind of people out there because then when you really can get a good deal you wont do it cause you remember the a$$ that ripped you off. well let me know if anyone has actually gotten a good pair of these things.

ThisOneDude
Unregistered guest
Mine work. (the 5.1 set from the Denali guys)

ukghog
Unregistered guest
I tried selling them on ebay. Unsold at $50. Damn...

dumbsucka
Unregistered guest
so how did you guys hook them up? i am used to the whole two wire set up and there are four inputs on the back. also, how powerful of a receiver do you need. i tried hooking one up to my buddy's crappy little receiver and nothing came out of it. maybe i hooked it up wrong. if anyone could give me some specifics on how they hooked them up and how powerful a receiver they used to get them to sound good it would be much appreciated. Does anyone think it would be possible to take them apart and use the speakers in a car? thanks ahead of time.

Anonymous

They got me too! $300

STRAP97
Unregistered guest
THEY GOT ME IN PARKINGLOT ON FM518
PEARLAND, TEXAS
THEY GOT ME FOR $250 TODAY 06-22-04 IT WAS TWO WHITE MEN EARLY TO MID TWENTIES IN A GOLD CHEVY S10

aolbrian
Unregistered guest
I think I am going to be sick! Everything in my gut told me not to buy the AV5.1THX system, but I did any way. After I paid the guys $300, I still felt like something was wrong. I don't know if it will help, but I wrote down their license plate! I am going to research and see if I can track these guys down. I will let everyone know if I find anything out. This happened in Kaufman, TX around 6 p.m. June 22

Anonymous

Same ole story. Two dudes one white, one black in a light green newer Ford Explorer. I knew I shoulnd't buy them but... I shelled out $300. I haven't tried hooking them up yet, well see what happens. This happened down in south San Deigo off Palm Ave. and I-5 in the Von's parking lot. Oh well I think I'll go drink a beer.

Unregistered guest
Same exact scam as the rest are reporting. In VA Beach VA at the HillTop Shopping Ctr. $200.00

screwedinoakland
Unregistered guest
hey, got robbed just like everyone else, but ive been complaining and im tired of it. what should we do? can the speakers actually work without a receiver? im not about to spend more money on a receiver. and how good is the sub? should i just trash the system or can it serve a purpose? someone who knows, please respond. it would help us all. thanks.

Unregistered guest
i bought them there dahltons 1500's i paid 400 i dont think this is a scam, sounds pretty fun plus they sound great. return them if you dont like them. im keeping mine.

love my Dahlton
Unregistered guest
Quit your crying, spend some money and buy a reciever buddy. Just to let you know, you need a reciever and Monster cables to run the system properly, idiots!!! It can get expensive but you get what you pay for. Oh and by the way it would probably help you if you got rid of that KMART T.V.

monterey
Unregistered guest
Scammed in Monterey, anyone heard of Theater Logic home cinema?

Advanced Air
Unregistered guest
My best friend calls me and says, "Can you check something out on your computer. I've got this guy with me in the truck and he's trying to sell me some speakers." Well I go to the nice website they have and I tell my buddy they look nice, but "hold on let me check something". Did a dogpile search and found this thread near the top. Moments later my buddy was telling this guy to go and pack sand in places sand doesn't feel good. One person has been saved. Always do your research is the lesson here. We live in the information age. That is why they approach you in parking lots, it's about the only place you can't quickly get to a computer these days.

Anonymous

8wh r34 tan suburban here in houston tx haha dammit.

Anonymous

im from Warminster Pennsyvania and just got shafted too. same deal as most of the stories. two guys pull in while im pumping gas and go off about exta inventory which their boss wouldnt know about if they sold it and came back with their empty white, new chevy moving van. tried to get me to buy the supposedly $2500 tower speaker setups for $300 dollars but at least i only got suckered for the surround sound system for $200 which, according to their very real looking catalog was listed at $1500. I am in a suburb right outside of philly and could tell by their accent they were coming out from philly hitting less suspecting suburbs. the second i got home i went right on the internet, fount this site, and within 3 minutes was on the road trying to chase those fu%#@s down but with no luck. they used the whole beer pitch on me too. very convincing. be careful out there people. its crazy.- Both white males about 5ft9 in mid to late 20s.

Anonymous

Got me yesterday at Lowe's in Newport News, VA. I lost $200 and they tried to get $20 for beer. Two young white guys driving a silver chevy mini van. I have their tag number for what it's worth.

Username: Sharris100

Post Number: 1
I almost got taken. Here is an add one of these guys is running right this moment.

C O N T A C T I N F O R M A T I O N
Phone (619) 316-1022 (Click this number to see what city you will be calling)
eMail indio_rebelde@yahoo.com
A D C O N T E N T
Ad Type FOR SALE
Price $400.00
Price Negotiability Firm
Ad Text HOME Theater System. 500W 5.1 THX Loudspeakers and power Subwoofer. Still in box w/warranty! Listed at $1,495. Won in a raffle. I live in LA. $400
Extra Text first come, first served. will deliver in LA area.

http://recycler.com/asp/ContactInfo.asp?iID=49942&sBAC=619&bSQ=0&iC=220&iSC=0

Unregistered guest
The only reason I'm on this site is because I saw some speakers at a pawn show, and they were dahltons. I knew I had heard of that brand, little did I think it was this crap.

I've lived in CA, WA, and in TX. I've seen this scam dozens of times, always in white vans. But I've seen it where they have a young woman with them too. She is there to "talk" you into this by just standing there. I've never fallen for this, it's just seemed to obvious that they were going to screw you over. Or that it could be cops trying to basically sell you stolen products. I've stopped alot of people from buying this crap, and all the kids ever do is yell at me. I'm 6'3 275lbs. so all they do is talk BS. I usually end it by saying I can always shoot them, and nobody would say anything. If you see them, just stand in front of them and call the cops, they will leave.

This reminds me of the even older scam I saw in Cali a million times in the early 90's. You're at a bar, club, wherever. Kid comes up to you with an awesome pager(cell phones were still too expensive)for $15. And I mean pagers that were over $150. People would buy them, in shock of their purchase they didn't ask for the number on the pager, so the seller would ask if they wanted it for $200!! Very crappy thing, because unless you knew someone who could recrystalize the pager, you were out of luck. Something is going on with cell phones now, they sell them as credit required account phones, when they are really prepaid. The seller says they don't care about their credit, and you can use the cell for the next 2 months and call everywhere for $75-100. Turns out the phone is crappy anyways, usually outdated, so it isn't worth anything.

Unregistered guest
The only reason I'm on this site is because I saw some speakers at a pawn show, and they were dahltons. I knew I had heard of that brand, little did I think it was this crap.

I've lived in CA, WA, and in TX. I've seen this scam dozens of times, always in white vans. But I've seen it where they have a young woman with them too. She is there to "talk" you into this by just standing there. I've never fallen for this, it's just seemed to obvious that they were going to screw you over. Or that it could be cops trying to basically sell you stolen products. I've stopped alot of people from buying this crap, and all the kids ever do is yell at me. I'm 6'3 275lbs. so all they do is talk BS. I usually end it by saying I can always shoot them, and nobody would say anything. If you see them, just stand in front of them and call the cops, they will leave.

This reminds me of the even older scam I saw in Cali a million times in the early 90's. You're at a bar, club, wherever. Kid comes up to you with an awesome pager(cell phones were still too expensive)for $15. And I mean pagers that were over $150. People would buy them, in shock of their purchase they didn't ask for the number on the pager, so the seller would ask if they wanted it for $200!! Very crappy thing, because unless you knew someone who could recrystalize the pager, you were out of luck. Something is going on with cell phones now, they sell them as credit required account phones, when they are really prepaid. The seller says they don't care about their credit, and you can use the cell for the next 2 months and call everywhere for $75-100. Turns out the phone is crappy anyways, usually outdated, so it isn't worth anything.

Unregistered guest

Unregistered guest
Yo, my friend fell for this and I kept the speakers since he told me to hold them incase they were hot, Think I can pawn them for alittle cash?

xtort
Unregistered guest
Johnston Iowa got me for 200.00. White van 2 white guys. Nebraska plate # ORR 813. My gut told me this was a scame. Go figure. Are we able to do anything about this.. ?

screwed_in_SD
Unregistered guest
I just got hit up in the Navy Federal Credit Union Parking lot in Chula Vista, CA off Palm St. I didnt get it so bad though, they only got me for $150. They were in a forest green Explorer. 2 white guys, dark hair, one had a fred-durst style goatee. Other dude sat in the car and was fat. Yeah, thats right. You're fat! I hope you read this you worthless sonofa... I'll be keeping my eye out for you...

pissed
Unregistered guest
fffuuuuuuuuuuuuuucccccccccccccccckkkkkkkkk
got me too for 300 in Lincoln, NE. Had the magazine article, real professional-looking invoice. Shorter white guy with a nondescript looking female, possibly blonde or light-colored hair. Tenn.? license plate 728 NSD. Said his name was Craig, gave me a voicemail number 904-386-6259 and a bogus number 402-994-1968. I wanna f**k this guy up! send me an email at wrestle167@aol.com if you find the ba**ard

Username: Almost_scammed

At the mall parking lot in Lake Forest,ca. Alsmost happened but out of money. same story,had a mag. with value at $1500. they had a blue/purple xterra. Two guys Glad I looked this up!!!

Anonymous

I got done in London England. This American guy asked me if i wanted to buy a set of home entertainment speakers. As some of you rightly said he showed me a catalogue with a prise of about $2200. I was impressed and paid out about $300. I should have tested it first. Damm i have be tricked!!!

Thatguywhogetsrippedoff
Unregistered guest
yup, got the Dalhtons from short Outgoing blond 22 year old, there was a hispanic guy with him in a tan expedition, Ill try to call him on the number he gave me but im not expecting any pickup on the other side. They got me for 160 in Kima TX - near League City

Username: Cops

Hey, just to let ya fella's KNOW, they are going down. I got pics of them, and everything is going to be investigated. They thought they had me, but no, I WILL GET THE LAST LAUGH, they will turn up shortly, and if they see this, just to let them KNOW, you PICKED THE WRONG PERSON TO MESS WITH, TOO BAD YOU DIDN'T KNOW I WAS A COP. HA......

Guywithnobrains
Unregistered guest
I just got ripped off yesterday, they were at a Wal Mart parking lot in Pennsylvania and they got me. I bought them thinking i could sell them and make a little profit on them. haha i guess they got the last laugh, i wasted $200 and now i feel like such a tool.

ChrisM
Unregistered guest
I got into it with these guys last week!! They pulled up to me as i was gettin out of my car, and went into the whole speaker story.
They wanted $500, but i said i only had $200. They argued with me about how these speakers are worth more than $1,000, etc. I said I wouldn't go higher than $200. Well, one of the guys got pissed, and said forget the whole thing "cause your too cheap to know when you got a good deal looking at ya!" So I said fine, go try to scam someone else.
When I came out of the store about 45 minutes later, the side and rear windows on my car were shattered, and the side of the car was scratched up!! Guess they weren't too happy about my offer on the speakers. I should have bought them though, cause $200 is less than what I had to pay to get the car fixed!! Unreal!!!!!

StupidMe
Unregistered guest
I also got ripped off today, in the Wal Mart Parking lot in Pennslyvania.....I feel like a dumbass now.......The sub seems to hit pretty hard...which isnt too bad. I got it all for 100 bucks but still. Theres gotta be a way to stop this crap from happening. Its the same two Younger guys....early 20's

Unregistered guest
OK, I get to join the sucker club. Paid $200.00

Are the speaker worth hooking up. Maybe they may be useful for the computer or the kids game room.

mr. d
Unregistered guest
do they accept debit? hahahaha! j/k thanks for looking out....but what to do if approached that situation? call the cops?

beatle bob
Unregistered guest
urbandale, Ia, paid 100 bucks, if anybody catches them post, same deal, magazine, invoice etc. white guy, blond hair, mid 20's in a green Chrysler town and country with nebraska plates. Should have known better, but that's life.

Matthew Bell
Unregistered guest
I just got scammed yesterday. I should have known but I bought these Dahlton 1500 ti speakers from these guys for $180 in Austin Texas.
I just hope they sound ok. I cant be too pissed about it. I was stupid. If I see them again I am going probably get thrown in jail.

Anyone know about the sound quality out of these Dahlton 1500 TI's?

Username: Revapril

Uh-yup, and another one bit the dust....I'm in Grass Valley Ca. and yesterday in the k-mart parking area, I too got the suckaroo. Now the good part: if in fact these guys are doing the illegal thing, one of them has his face plastered on the Grass Valley Bank of America camera. He went in the bank with me while I made a deposit and got him his cash. Young, mid 20's, dark short hair, ring in his lower lip and one in his eyebrow, clean cut otherwise. If anyone wants more specifics, contact me and I will contact B of A to see what is necessary to pull the camera tapes. He and his buddy (his name was "Nate", can't remember his buddy's name) were driving a late model ford explorer with the logo "SMITH" written on the side of the vehicle. Same sales technique as the rest.

Anonymous

I also purchased a set of the Dahlton speakers and surround sound. Maybe we are not use to this way of selling, but we feel we got a real good deal for our money. The speakers are really great sounding once we hooked them up with monster cables. The surround sound we purchased for our gameroom sounds much better than the one in our familyroom which we purchased 2 years ago from a national chain for around $1,000.00

Husledthehuslers_intheBurgh
Unregistered guest
Well, I was approached by a guy & girl, in Pittsburgh. They were in an SUV, had the flashy Glossies, The "hey well were going to install these AT so-&so's Resturant"(A realy nice one at that) Too bad for them, I knew the owner.I called him up, he never heard of, or was having his souund system replaced...(they didn't know who I called or why, as I rolled my window up for the conversation)But they were so pushy, they said hey let us put these in your car, we'll follow you to the ATM...Will give them away for $400.00 see the pricetag(Like any reputable company Audio Company marks the price on the boxes)At this point I figured OK,(In my head I'm thinkin' they are nuts, like they will catch my 2004 subaru WRX right, and they are literally pushing them on me) so, just after the first two turns, I hit the gas, turned down a few side streets, & they were gone, blew their doors off so to speak...
& hustled the huslers..LOL....Well I got the AV5.1 home, & hooked it up with monster cables.. Only mediocre on both the JVC 270 watt, & Sony 400 Watt Amps...
But they could take all I could throw at them...
Still, glad I didn't pay a dime, & at least they look nice right ;)

Unregistered guest
Yep, They got me in Palatine IL. at a Home Depot.
Blue chevy exspress van, two guys late 20's. Same pitch. Extra speakers they had to sell. Showed me a magazine priced at $1495.00 for the surround system. I bought the towers. Same price. They wanted $700.00. I bit for $300.00. They said they only make $9 hr install for a high end store. The warehouse put an extra set in the truck. If they could sell them it would be like getting another pay check. Very convincing sales pitch. (greed like they say.) I didn't even need them. Hope they get caught. I will be looking for them.

Unregistered guest
By now those fuc... are laughed about us. i'm sure they read this page constanly. I just want to led you smart as... to know, you will be caugh, sun or latter you will, then i will testified against you. just because i have your smart fuc.... faces in my mind then i wont stop read this page until some one let us know your a... are fuc.... with a xxxdick on prision. your guys are young and no bad looking. so you will have a great honey
moon on prision. one guy is 5.8" between 21 to 24 years old white , black hair puerto rican accent, 175 pounds. the other is 23 or 25 years old, american blonde, about 5.8 or 5.9" 180 pounds. guess what how many guys are like you. many but your faces just those two fuc.....faces . I'll see you mother fuc.....

Unregistered guest
A guy approached me at a Home Depot Parking Lot in Arlington,Tx. and tried to convince me that he had a Home Theater System that had been selling for $1500.00 and produced a magazine with a price in it.He wanted $700.00 for it and then went down to $300.00 and I took the bait. He even gave me a reciept and signed it. I reported it to the Police after reading your messages posted on the Internet.

Username: 200_short

F'n A! just got hit up for $200, for "T1TTY money" and they wanted more for beer! TERDS, Best Buy parking lot off 45 and Bay Area Blvd, Houston, TX. Gold chevy Blazer with Cali plates. Two dudes, the party type. Said they didn't know anyone around here and he was from Alvin.
Only one was a talker, the other just stayed quiet in the truck. This dude must have showered in beer, REAKED of it. Told me that he ended up with an extra box of $1500 equipment and he had to get rid of it quick. If he didn't his boss would just take it. Had that stupid magazine. Tried to get me for $400. I eventually gave in for $200. Dude hopped in my truck to ride over to the ATM. They even told me that since i was getting such a good deal that I would have to buy them a beer if i saw them in a bar later.
Hey B1TCHES, if you are reading this, the beer is bought and the bottle will be cracking your head.
Anyway, I hooked the crap up and it works, I guess. If Dolby 5.1 means you just get a left and right channel. I'm so retarded. I'm counting on the "what goes around, comes around" bit. I hope that their's comes around soon.

Got got
Unregistered guest
Sh!t....they got me today! Pull up to the Home Depot here in Penn, and these two skinny b!tches pull up in a white Tahoe and say that their warehouse screwed up and gave them an extra speaker system and they needed to unload it or their boss would take it.

Showed me the "sticker price", and said that they'd give it to me for $700. I talked them down to 350. They said to pull around the side of the store in case their boss was in the area.
So I said I'd meet them on the side after i was done in the store. I came out 15 minutes later and pulled on the side and saw the truck but didn't look like anyone in it. then i see one of their heads pop up.
I don't know what they were doing in there, but when the driver got out he zipped up his pants and wiped his mouth. I thought about driving away but stopped anyway.
Gave them the money and took the speakers thinking i was gettin a deal, when all I was gettin was got.
One of those skinny b!tches even tried to get me to go buy them a case of beer "for the road." said they had a long drive back. Damn!!!!!! Little b!tches....

christian d.
Unregistered guest
they were in conroe texas today... same ones as in houston. blazer with cali plates...

caught me coming back to work from lunch. told me the speakers were worth $2500.00 and wanted at least 800.

i told em i would give em 50 bucks cuz i thought they were scamming. i was not considering buying them, but enjoyed just messing with them.

then i log onto the computer and do a search on them and find this site!

i hope those guys come around here again. i am sorry some of you got scammed.

who has ever heard of dahlton, anyway...? haha...

Unregistered guest
A few weeks ago i got those dahlton speakers too. i had a feeling i shouldn't have got them but i did. i fell for the same thing everybody else did. its the same guys. two white guys, mid to late 20's. i paid $260. i would like to see those guys on the news when they get CAUGHT.

got screwed too
Unregistered guest
just got me today in san diego. crazy punks, very convincing. same pitch as what all else have described. Got the theater logic towers. if anyone wants another set of towers it seems like someone is selling them on ebay. they were in a green expedition, pretty new. In the mission valley area of san diego. Dirty bast#@$% got me for $260. that teaches us that nothing comes for free I guess doesn't it.

Unregistered guest
Akron, Ohio - Chapel Hill Mall

A white van pulls up to me at work... Assuming they were customers I approach them... (although I was the unexpecting customer)... A white man possibly in mid 20's gets out and says "I got a great deal" I'm installing these speakers at a strip club down the street... the boss accidently threw in a few extra..." they showed me a magazine HGTV was what it was called... the speakers listed as 1800 each and the 5.1 Dahlton Surround System priced at 1500... they wanted 300 for one speaker... I told them to fukk off... They pulled away... Assuming they left I went back 2 work... 10 mins lapsed they're back... I said I'll give you 50 bucks for the 5.1 Dahlton Surround... he said we had a deal... asked for it in ones so he had cash for the strippers... Fukker then asked for a free car wash... I hooked him up... got the license plate # Illinois Plates
465 1287... probably phony... had a company name on sides of van... (magnet) AVALON

Fukkin... Bltches...

sandiegoscam
Unregistered guest
yup me too. san diego, CA in mission valley just south of friars road by the kmart. I got the theater logic towers, $260. I was just looking em up online and found this. Two guys in an explorer, some kind of flyer saying they were worth this and that. I am always making fun of my friends for falling for stuff like this, man they were smooth s.o.b's. Had maybe ten more in the back of the truck.

Anonymous

Mother fers got me for some fat cash 300 in Lincoln Ne. I knew it was to good to be true. Two dudes in a white astro van. Its my own goddamn fault.
8-24-2004.

Bug D
Unregistered guest
Got the speakers (Theater Logic) for 150.00

They sound great.

You have to have an output device that isn't amplified, like a TV or a VCR or DVD player or something.

Why are you people whining about it? You figured you were buying stolen merchandise so someone else was getting fvcked, but you find out it's YOU who got fvcked. Serves you right for being a shady pr|ck. If they don't work, that's even better. Next time someone tries to give you good deal, think about who's getting the shaft from it. Losers.

Hack
Unregistered guest
This happened to me today in Austin Texas. These two dudes in a small blue car with Florida plates offered me a sweet deal. Actually, it was much sweeter than they thought. They did the whole brochure routine, then I offered them 200 dollars. The older one puts the speakers in my truck and I say "let me get some money from the ATM. They say "cool". I split. Hehe. Speakers work good.

Username: Greg

Post Number: 2
Hey HACK, I'm in Austin too, they f===in got me! Did you get their plates? email me XV000ooovx@aol.com, or just post it here.

Anonymous

Yup! I am gullable like me mudder always said, at least $220 bucks worth. I was hit smack dab in a parking lot by these guys wanting to unload an extra one of these systems. The one guy says they were down from Chicago to drop these at a mall music store (did not know the name of the mall). He claimed he was just trying to get rid of um and get some bucks for the local girlie bar in Peoria.

Unregistered guest
Happened in Spring, TX last night....... yellow explorer sport truck. please let me know if you find these guys....I got taken for $160.00 b_gate13@yahoo.com

Anonymous

Well these guys are all over the place apparently. I just bought a pair for $150 here in Long Beach, CA. The weird thing is that he tested one of the speakers in front of me. I think I got suckered on that one. Anyway I haven't tried to setup yet. I hope they at least work. We'll see. I actually am not mad at them. On crap like this you can only blame yourself like one of the first posters said. On the other hand if I see him again I will proceed to kick his a.. . That is the way it works here in the streets.

green truck guys
Unregistered guest
Hey I paid $240 on bay area blvd in houston tx, mine sound good and work great. 2 white guys mid 20's, gold 2004 Chevy tahoe, paper plates.

big t
Unregistered guest
They almost got me..2 white dudes in there mid 20s pulled me over and said they had 1500 hundred doller speakers for sale...i got them down to 200dollars then i called my cousin who does stereo installs....Sure glad i got a hold of him....

PA DUMB
Unregistered guest
9/10/04 They hit central PA today charging a entire 300.00 for some speakers that don't work!!! LIC. Plate YGL 0617 white Chevrolet Van. 2 White Guys 20-30 years of age. I did call the police they are now in the neighborhoods!! Thieves

Anonymous

Just got suckered into them in an Office Depot parking lot here in Houston, TX for $250, the sad part is I was almost sure it was a scam from the start. I asked a trillion questions and was still skeptical, but I'm a sucker for nice speakers... Damnit.
2 guys, mid/late 20s in a Grey Chevrolet SUV with California plates. One had Blond hair, the other Dark Brown.

Unregistered guest
They got me for 200 in BREA, California.
Two white guys, also talking about some strip club stuff. One guy mentioned "sharky's" in some beach city, said he worked there. They also said not to put them up on ebay. Anyone know how to track down these people? contact me at cstlvenia2424@aol.com

Anonymous

This blows! I was getting all excited that I got a good deal. I bought them a month ago in Omaha, NE from two guys in a blue caravan with Tennessee plates. I knew it sounded like a bullsh-- deal, but the magazine article was damn convincing. I bought them for $100 at 54th and L. The sub works, but I haven't tried the surround sound. If I ever see them again, I'm gonna....#$%@%#$%

somebody slap me
Unregistered guest
LOL, chalk up one more victim. I only paid $100 for them. He asked for $250 and after being turned down about 5 times he said "OK $100, I know you wont turn down $100." I bit. He showed me the magazine also.

somebody slap me
Unregistered guest
Last message was in Long Beach, CA

Doman
Unregistered guest
I just got scammed today, came online to check out the speakers, and this web site came up. I live in Las Vegas, NV and it happened to me. They got me for $250. They used all the same lines as you have mentioned, and they had the ad in the magazine, which was the final reason why i decided to get them. I was real excited to have a nice entertainment system in my house, now Im screwed out of $250. I had a really bad feeling about it the whole time, but that magazine ad was the icing on the cake. The guys who sold me them were 2 white males in their mid 20s. They were very convincing. If any of you are from Vegas, it happened off of Flamingo/Rainbow in the Vons Shopping center arounf 1:00 pm. They were driving a light green Expedition and had Texas liscense plates.

Anonymous

Happened to me today in Las Vegas, NV. 2 males in their mid 20s. They were driving a light green Ford Expedition with Texas license plates 7ZX R45... Jerks! I should have listened to my instincts... Oh well, live and learn.

Unregistered guest
Same story i also got taken and i learned about this stuff in san diego when i was there. I got taken in the turnin lane after gettin some groceries, was almost home :-( oh well i offered $200 after they showed me the add they got me for $300. Although my gut told me not to I still did it damn what a salesman I kept tryin to leave cuz of the groceries. Look out people! Lake Jackson Tx

a friend stuck
Unregistered guest
ya I got scammed also but I wasnt thinkin of myself I have a $3000 Klipsch and Onkyo system, I was very suspicious at first cause I used to be into all that and did my research on my system,I was actually thinkin of my friend cause all he has is this 1980 something pioneer speaker system that has a kenwood receiver and is missing speakers in the towers. Anyways I thought well hell I would get them and he could pay me later, well when I got to his place to suprise him we went on the net first to check them out and came up with this and guess what I'm stuck with them now. Try hook someone up and get hooked, so sad.

Unregistered guest
Houston Tx Just got it about 20 minutes ago two guys white 20's black suv. It seemed to easy but i got them for 150. so i cant say i feel everyones pain.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us