Help Me Pick a Projector

Username: Spasse

Post Number: 1
Hi All,

I am trying to decide between a Studio Experience 13HD TV/Video Projector and a CRT based projector, such as a Sony VPH-1272Q. (Used)

The room will have some ambient light during the day. (Mini-blinds closed)

The room that it is going into is 18' x 20'

The screen will be approx 54"H X 96"W ("Widescreen" 16:9)

All opinions welcome

Regards,

Scott

Unregistered guest
Hey Scott,

What is your budget on a projector if you do not mind me asking? The thing to remeber is that a really good crt can out do most LCD and DLP projectors. As far as I know though with a CRT projector you will need to use a line doubler at least to get a great picture. I am not familure with the Sony CRT projector myself. IMHO you might want to go with the Studio Expereince if they are roughly the same price. You may also want to look at newer DLP projectors if your budged will allow it? The newer DLP projectors with the newer Gen3 chips have much brighter and better black levels than the LCD's. This mainly depends on your budget. Your choice of screen will also greatly affect how good the image from any projector looks. I would match the screen to what ever projector you end up with. Email me if you have any other questions. I will try to help if I can.

Username: Dave_moritz

Post Number: 1
you can email me at moritzdave@hotmail.com

Username: Spasse

Post Number: 2
Dave,

Thanks for the reply; I ended up getting a great deal on a Sanyo PLC-XP40 projector from a local dealer. ($2400)

http://www.projectorcentral.com/Sanyo-PLC-XP40.htm

I got the factory warranty and did not have to deal with the potential for shipping damage that I experienced trying to get a projector, previously from an e-bay sale.

I agree that the "not quite black" blacks, is an issue with an LCD projector.

I could not wait to build my screen so I tried it out on the textured off-white wall (where the screen will go) and I am already happy with the picture. (Very Bright)

Now I am shopping for the ceiling mount for the projector. There is an attic over the room so wiring it up should be rather straight forward.

Regards,

Scott
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us