B&W CM1/CM2

Username: Hibbardsmith

Post Number: 1
I'm currently using (for the last many years) a pair of B&W CM1's and a pair of B&W CM2's, (the original CM2 (subwoofer)), not the new CM2 as the front left and right of a home theater system. I have a B&W center speaker also. I currently don't have any rear speakers due to a difficult placement and wiring situation. I do not have a separate sub-woofer, but the CM'2 provide more than adequate bass for my taste. I want to add rear left and rear right speakers and I'm wondering what would be a good match. I'm speculating that the B&W CM2 (the new one) would work well with my existing speakers. The ideal situation would probably be a pair of used CM1's if I could find a pair in great shape.

Has anyone had any experience with this combination? I really love my CM1/2 combination and I think it sounds as good as anything that I can afford today. If this combo won't work well, I'm open to other suggestions for the rears.

Unregistered guest
Hi there!My name is Guido Mensink and I'm from Haarlem, the Netherlands. Sorry I can't give you any advice for your problem but me myself would like to ask you something; I saw a pair of old CM2's being offered and I was wondering what you can say about their sound and quality. I read the B&W-manual on their website but can't seem to find any reviews on them. Maybe you can tell me more (what kind of music do you play on them and is their bass really that powerfull, I prefer more subtle music with nice highs instead of a thumping base).I'd say thank you for your any possible information you have.

Greetings from the Netherlands,

Guido Mensink
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us