Subwooofer problem with Onkyo 770

Username: Gonzo719

North Jersey, NJ

Post Number: 8
I just set up my system and i am very happy with it. But - i have been noticing a rattling coming from my subwoofer - at first i thought it was rattling something next to it. but that was not the case. It sounds like it is coming from inside the enclosure - is this normal? I hope this is not normal. I do have it sitting on my hardwood floor - but doesnt seem like it is coming from the floor. should i send the subwoofer back? one more thing - the double bass setting - just curious - do you alot of you guys like this setting?

Username: Megalith

Post Number: 2
A rattling might indiciate that something might have gotten loose inside. I'm no professional, but that seems to be the case.

I turn double bass off, because I feel that it is unnatural. What it does is feed the bass sounds from the front speakers into the sub. I think they should be left distinct.

I also have some issues with my subwoofer. My sub simply doesn't seem...well, noticeable, unless I play music using All Channel Stereo. On surround modes and such, the bass just doesn't seem to be punchy or distinct. I have my sub level turned up to 12db in the settings. Think it might simply be the quality of the sub...might have to upgrade to that Dayton sub everyone is praising.

Username: Gonzo719

North Jersey, NJ

Post Number: 9
I think the rattling wa increased by my wooden floor. the double bass issue - on the reciever change all your speakers to small - this is what is recommended in the manual. this seemed to increase the bass for me. by doing this the double bass feature will not be there.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us