Low Dialogue Volume, same DVD, different country

Xelai
Unregistered guest
I would really like some insight into this issue. I have checked for answers for this mistery but there seems to be none of a reasonable nature and not just raise up the central channel volume.

I will sum up, I live in Spain, I usually buy most of my DVDs in Spain, never had a problem with the central channel dialogue, always crisp clear. Spanish DVDs usually come dubbed into spanish as well as the original english track. No problem with either of them.

So, I just received a gift of some english DVDs, mostly series I cannot see in Spain. I played them and, mistery mistery the central channel volume is almost inaudible.

For added misery, it happens I have one of the series repeated, the spanish version and the UK version, 24 season 1.

So I play the 24 season 1 dvd 1 english soundtrack of my spanish copy and I hear it perfectly.

I play the UK copy and is barely audible.

I decided to forget about 5.1 audio and downmix to sorround or pro logic, and dialogue is again perfect.

I get the same low dialogue from several other DVDs but always the ones from the UK.

I know it makes no sense at all, but it is what happens to me...

Any ideas would be of great aid.

Thanks a lot, and sorry if the the issue is resolved elsewhere.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us