Which decoder? DVD player or Amp?

Username: Uncle_ric

Post Number: 1
Hi.. first post here, so please be gentle!

Ok, I'm sort of a novice at this (on the electrical side of things anyway), still learning in some respects and would just like another opinion on something.

I've got a Pioneer DV-575 and an ageing Kenwood KRF-7050d as the current DVD player and amp setup in my front room / home cinema (Along with projector, screen, speakers, chairs.. popcorn maker!). What I'd like to know, is which decoder should I put my faith in? Both have digi-coax, tosh and also 5.1 analogue, so connections aren't really a problem here... but which should I let do the hard work?

I've tried them both and to be honest I think that the 5.1 out/in 'sounds' crisper than the digi cable (also gives me the SACD/DVD-A capability).

Anyway, to get to the point.. does anyone have firsy hand experience of the decoders in the machines / the amps 'real' analogue / digital specs to compare.. basically as above.. which decoder? (I'me tempted to stay with the players because its newer.. unless told otherwise..)

Does all that make sense?

Thanks in advance.

JamesCB
Unregistered guest
To get SACD/DVD-A you need the 6 analog connections.

As for DD/dts, try it both through the DVD player and receiver, and use what you think sounds best. I would suspect the analog outs will work fine.

James
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us