Digital Video Essentials of Avia calibration disc?

Username: Rocker43

Post Number: 5
Looking for opinions on which of these discs you'd recommend for the novice. I have a Samsung HLP5063 DLP TV, and it was suggested to me to try one of these before paying the $325 we are considering paying for an ISF calibration. Seems like a lot of money when I may be happy with the color after using one of these discs. So, opinions appreciated.

Username: Uncle_ric

Post Number: 3
Don't let me worry you..

I can be the case that you could seriously damage a DLP TV if you really mess about with this sort of thing.. which is why real ISF people are so costly..

Try the DVE (Digital Video Essentials) disk first (about $8 from eBay) and watch a few movies to see what you think, get the opinions of friends too. There should be a massive improvement with the disk alone, it really depends how perfect you wnat this to be. Compare the new settings to the 'standard' ones and you'll be quite impressed. Though, if you are at all apprehensive about doing this yourself.. go with the proffesional.. afterall, another $300 is cheaper than a new TV!!

Silver Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 821
Try the disk. It is not hard to use at all and the change in picture qyality is dramatic on a HDTV or analog. You will have to get used to a picture with much less contrast and sharpness nut you will be amazed at the detail. Either disc will accomplish this.

JamesCB
Unregistered guest
$325 is not bad for ISF calibration. IMO, it would NOT be money wasted. AVIA and DVE are a good place to start, though.

JamesCB
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us