Harmon Kardon or Dennon

Username: Vikram

MumbaiIndia

Post Number: 1
Hi I have been looking at AVR's for the last 1 year and in the country that i live thats india we have limited choice on amps. Its denon, Marantz, HK,Onkyo,Yahama. Now i am really confused which one to buy HK AV130 or Denon 1604/1804. I have heard the system like in the following combinations
1> Denon + Whardele 8.4 diamond - Did not like
2> Denon + Jamo (E580) - sounds ok
3> Yahama + wharfadele - Sad
4> HK + Jbl E80 seris- Believe me this sounds like superb and i can swear on it.

Now can anyone advise me with the limted choices that i have put above is HK amp better or Dennon AMP better with Jbl E 80 series. Actually to be frank i am getting a Denon 1804 at the cost of Harmon Kardon AVR 130. Is HK 130 worth a buy as compared to denon 1804????

Bronze Member
Username: Pal

PuneIndia

Post Number: 54
hi

you can get NAD/PSB too...better check that out too...
infact NAD goes equally well with PSB and B&W.
and u get all that in mumbai itself..
and frankly i found PSB and B&W much better sounding speakers than JBL, but then follow what suits your ears the best !!

Username: Kalamandir

Post Number: 1
For AVR noithing beats the Harmon Kardon series. It has DTS, DTS-Neo, DD with a 7 channel output of 100W in each channel and a low THD. For speakers I recommend Bang & Olufsen (get them from S'pore if you can, worth it) or Cambridge Sound and lastly Bose (not a huge fan but thy are OK).

An alternate solution is to build a HTS using your desktop computer, here is the list:

1. A Desktop Computer with a Pentium processor (3.2) with Hyper-Thread Technology (HT will allow you to listen to music and browse the web wihout any slow down)
2. A ATI TV-Video Tuner card (connecting this to your cable will allow you to watch TV, record TV shows/movies on your hard drive and later burn them on DVD's)
3. A dual layer DVD burner (both Sony & Pioneer are good and you can get either one for $80 to $100)
4. Sound blaster Audigy Platinum 2 sound card (7.1 Dolby Digital and has DTS encoding as well)
5. A 26-30" LCD or a 1024 X 768 resolution DLP projector (better if it comes with a interlacer such as Faroudja) - You can get a Dell or a Sharp projector one for $1000. The LCD's are better off buying from Singapore since even after paying customs (usually you can get away by giving Rs50K) they still come out cheaper.

Lastly a low cost option is to get one of those HT in a box systems. Recommend Panasonic SCT700, comes with a 5 disc DVD player and a reciever and 5 satellite speakers and a subwoofer. Still need a display such as a LCD or a DLP projector if you plan to watch DVD's, play games
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us