Onkyo S770 HTS with 6 ohm speakers

Pete Barber
Unregistered guest
I hope someone can help; I have not been able to get a straight answer from Onkyo. Have just purchased the Onkyo S770 with the Onkyo HT520 (8 ohm) speaker system. It sounds great. However, instead of the Onkyo front speakers, I would like to use an older great pair of AR SRT 330's (6 ohms impedance).
I know I'll need to rebalance the speakers on the system. But my question is- will mixing 6 & 8 ohm speakers in any way harm the receiver? Thanks.

Unregistered guest
I asked a similar question in the receiver section. Here is the URL.

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-audio/106962.html

I'm still not sure about the rest of it though.

Peter Barber
Unregistered guest
Thanks for the help. that seems to be what I have been able to find out. But I cannot get Onkyo to give me a straight answer - they also do not answer their customer service emails (Onkyo are you listening!). I have been told that (1) mixing 6 & 8 ohm speakers should probably be ok unless you always keep the volume cranked up, since it will cause the receiver to run warmer, or (2) you cannot mix impedances & that will void the warranty.

Unregistered guest
I HAVE JUST A BASIC HOME STERIO, 3 CD CHANGER, FM/AM AND ITS WIRED TO 2 SPEAKERS. I NEED TO KNOW IF THERE IS ANY WAY I CAN MAKE MY 2 SPEAKERS WIRELESS OR EVEN BUY 2 SPEAKERS THAT ARE WIRELESS THAT WILL STILL WORK WITH MY UNIT. IF YOU HAVE ANY IDEA ON HOW TO DO THIS POST IT OR EMAIL ME AT www.hd_alien@hotmail.com

Thanks,
Adam
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us