Help with too many components, not enough inputs

Silent23
Unregistered guest
I have a Yamaha receiver with not enough digital inputs. Right now I have my DVD Player and my Replay connected to the DVD input and the TV/DBS respectively. Have to use these two, as they are the only inputs to support digital, other than the CD input. The problem is that I would like to hook up a second dvd player (it reads dvdrw, older main player doesn't), and would also like to hook up PS2 with optical. What is the best way for me to do this without a lot of cash invested. Radio shack has a 4 to 1 toslink splitter, which i guess would work (it passes along DD/DTS?), but the newer dvd player doesn't have toslink, just Coaxial audio. I could get a converter for that, i guess. If i went that route, then could i use a simple rca splitter for the video, with the 2 dvd players going in to the DVD input, and the ps2 and replay hooked to the TV/DBS input, and just switch the toslink splitter to whichever input i was using?
Hope I made things clear, and i appreciate any help. Thanks,
John

Silent23
Unregistered guest
had a couple more thoughts. My tv has an svideo input, and also another rca input. i could hook the 2nd dvd and the ps2 to them, and do the switching with the tv, and switch the audio with the toslink switch. Not as elegant, but it should work.

also, i bought a video switch 4 to 1 with rca and svideo.

not sure which would be the best solution. please give me your thoughts.
thanks,
john
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us