Speaker question

josh n
Unregistered guest
I was thinking about buying a HTIB like the ONKYO HT-S770 or the ONKYO HTS760 but I was wondering can I upgrade the subwoofers to one with a higher amp? and can I connect 2 subwoofers to the ONKYO HT-S770?

Bronze Member
Username: Sandiego

Post Number: 29
you can run whaetever powered sub you want. My roomate has the 760 in our living room and I have the 770 in my room. I can tell you right now I don't think you'll be dissapointed with the sub the system comes with. the 760 has one of the most impressive 8 inch subs I've ever heard and the 10 incher in the 770 is a little punchier. If you still want more though, you can connect any powered sub you like. As far as running two subs I think you would need some kind of splitter I'm not sure

Epic
Unregistered guest
The Onkyo is good for an HTIB system, but calling a sub in a below $500 complete system "one of the most impressive 8 inch subs" is a bit out there.

Bronze Member
Username: Sandiego

Post Number: 31
I'm being honest when I say I was as impressed with the 8 inch sub included in the 760 as most of the more expensive models in the same size category. Like I said though, if you don't feel the sub is as nice as I do you can always connect a different one in the future. If you have any doubts just get the 770, I have no complaints for this system whatsoever.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us