Coaxial to RCA

Username: A_robbe

Post Number: 1
I'm having a DVD player with Coaxial and optical out. I recently bought a home theater with 5.1 channel satellite speaker. My home theater is not having an optical or Coaxial Input, it is having a 6 rca output (For front 2 speakers, Rear 2 speakers,1 surround speaker, 1 center speaker).Can any one suggest to connect 6 rca outer to Coaxial or optical Input.
Thank you

Bronze Member
Username: Hokievt

Post Number: 55
Your receiver should have an optical or coax input. If not, you have problems with the receiver.

Username: A_robbe

Post Number: 2
This is the system I bought:

http://www.elta.de/english/artikel.asp?Artikel=8886+CLS&Artikel1=8886&x=127&y=98

It has only the 6 RCA inputs for the 5.1 channels...
Is there a connector cable to connect the dvd coaxial output to the home theater 6 rca inputs?
Thank you

Bronze Member
Username: Os2dude

Marietta , GA USA

Post Number: 26
I followed your link above and saw this:

Modell: elta 8886 CLS
5.1 Surround loudspeaker system

Page only shows speakers and sub-woofer, and only gives info on speaker's characteristics. It looks to me that it is only a suround-sound home theater SPEAKER setup, not a home theater receiver. A receiver would have the coax/optical digital inputs and the 5.1 outputs you need.

There are systems that include both a receiver and speakers, but this does not look like one of those.

justin postuma
Unregistered guest
no, there are receivers that have the configuration explained. They are usually older or cheaper models because they do not have the surround sound processors onboard. It is possible to get a standalone processor that will turn your digital out (coax or opt) into six discreet outputs (rca coax) that you can then plug into your receiver. The cost would probably make it not worth it, as it would be the cost of buying a receiver that has processing onboard. There are also dvd players that have the six seperate outputs, but are older as well. In short, your better off buying a new receiver that will have digital in and onboard surround sound processing.

Leif
Unregistered guest
Many DVD-players have the 6RCA outputs. They have built in DTS/DD-decoders as well. Buy one of those and connect them through RCA male-male to the receiver. No problems at all.

Fredrik
Unregistered guest
I have the very same problem, my reciever has ONLY RCA for rear, front sorround etc. No coaxial input at all, My DVD recorder has only a coaxial digital out. Is there a gadget out there that decodes the signals to a regular 5.1 system? For example, Coax in - rear,front,sorround,subwoofer out?

Bronze Member
Username: Usa2k4

Post Number: 15
As someone pointed out above, the coaxial and optical outputs on the DVD players are digital and the 5.1 channel inputs on the receiver are analog, you can't go from digital to analog without a decoder. You will need either to buy a new receiver with digital input or to get a DVD player with analog 5.1 channel outputs. As said, there are many DVD players that have built-in DD/DTS decoders with analog 5.1 outputs available now. I just bought a Panasonic SA-XR50S 5-disc changer for only $115 which has built-in DD/DTS decoder with 5.1 outputs for DVD audio discs. If you love SACD, you may need to consider a Sony at about same price range.

Anonymous

What if the DVD player has 3 separate composite outputs for the center, left and right channels but the receiver only has 1 composite input? Can the 3 channel be grouped together?

Anonymous

I have a DVD player that gives a Digital audio out with both optical and Coaxial. I have a Yamaha receiver with Satellite speakers. The receiver has inputs for Coaxial and optical cables. My question is will it be possible for me connect the digital out from my DVD player to the digital input on my receiver and get audio from my satellite speakers which connect to the analog out from the receiver ?

Username: Evilgohst

HELP ME!!!!!
I have a dvd player AKAI dv-p4530sk and now I've bought a surround system Logitech z-5500 Digital! I have also bought a coax- cable but the surround system "say" no digital data!!!!!!!
Please help me!!!!!

Username: Evilgohst

Post Number: 2
HELP ME!!!!!
I have a dvd player AKAI dv-p4530sk and now I've bought a surround system Logitech z-5500 Digital! I have also bought a coax- cable but the surround system "say" no digital data!!!!!!!
Please help me!!!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Diverhank

Huntington Beach, CA

Post Number: 12
Make sure you connect the coax cable from the DVD digital out to the receiver digital coax in. Use a DVD movie to test (a regular music CD will output digital PCM data)

yeahok
Unregistered guest
I have an idea that might help you, spend a little money and by a better receiver that has all the in/out puts you need. You have purchased an out dated receiver that is basically a peice of crap

Unregistered guest
i have a m-audio delta 1010lt sound card on my pc. this sound card has left and right rca, and one s/pdif outputs. i just purchased the altec vs3151 six piece speaker system that has three headphone-like inputs as well as left and right rca inputs.

what's the best way to hook my pc into my speakers? will the speakers be in "surround" if i only plug in two rca lines?

Bronze Member
Username: Turbodog

Post Number: 40
Roberto, sorry but the surround system you have is not compatible with your DVD player. Hopefully you can return/exchange one or the other. The surround amp (built into the subwoofer box) has only analog inputs as you mentioned. It apparently does not include the 5.1 decoder, only the amp. So, you need a DVD player with built-in 5.1 decoder and 6 analog outputs. OR, you need a surround system with a 5.1 decoder.

Hope that helps.

Username: Kevinf2848

I am looking for a 5.1 system with a built in dvd player. I want to also run a HDTV and a tivo off of the unit. I want to make sure that I get surround sound in dolby on my tv reception which is satellite. I guess I need a digital audio input to get this. I would like to keep the price under $500, anybody have any suggestions? I was looking at the JVC TH-c6. Anyone have hay suggestions or comments on any system that would fit this?

Manuel G
Unregistered guest
I have a Yamaha receiver A/V RX595RDS 7 years old conected to a DVD Player by 5.1 channel analog outputs. It works very well, but I am interested in buy a DVD recorder (better with hard disck) and I dont find a good one with this kind of outputs. My receiver dont have digital output (coax or optica). Someone can help me? Do you know any good recorder?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us