For Vssaokar : Re JBL SCS 300.7

Bronze Member
Username: Matthew2582

Raymore, MO United States

Post Number: 45
Ecoustics member Vssaokar wrote me this one and this is for you.

'Matthew,
I value your reviews on ecoustics. Already bought Denon 1804 reading your reviews. Now i am looking for a speaker package under $500.

wanted to know how the JBL SCS 300.7 compares to Athena Micra 6 and Onkyo SKS-240.'

Ok well Vssaokar - first off - if you want to send me requests via Private Message - then you better set your account preferences to accept Private Message Replies !!

I have been getting a few questions like this - 'what about this 7.1 system versus this 5.1/6.1 system' - and my reaction is - you need 7.1 because of what ?

There are how many information channels encoded in films, cd's, HDTV ? No, not 6 - and no - not 7.

Anyway - look - are JBL SCS 300's any good ? Maybe - I don't know - I don't hear with your ears - I don't listen to your music or watch your films.

Stop being lazy - get out to a store with some good, testing demo music and listen for yourself. Is JBL an authentic, reputable brand with some solid technology behind its products ? You bet.

I reviewed the JBL SCS 135/136 HTIB series - and they were, um, ok.

In conclusion - my view(s) are this - I can't see why anyone would want the hassle of accomodating a 7.1 system and secondly, just listen carefully to whether bass is crisp and easily followed, that midrange articulation is good and that highs are both clear and not too 'tinny' sounding.

My current favourites for under $500 remain the Onkyo 240's, the Athena Micra 6's and Point 5's and the Klipsch Quintet II's when hooked up to the
Denon 1804.

Regards

Matthew
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us