Yamaha YHT-450 Vs. Onkyo HT-S770

Username: Bable

Post Number: 1
I would like to buy HTIB, but I don't know well about home theater system. Then I have seen both Yamaha and Onkyo at the same price $499. THen I can't decided. Well, I would like to know which one is better. Thank you.

blahblah0101
Unregistered guest
I've been wondering the same thing...

fillossofer
Unregistered guest
I have the Onkyo system and in fact bought a second one today for another room in my house ($399 at CC!). I have it set up in a large room and I think it sounds awesome! I can't comment on the Yamaha, as I've never heard it, but The things I like about the Onkyo system are: the speakers have real woofers and tweeters. When comparing, I didn't see any other systems with larger speakers. Also, the thing has more inputs/outputs than I need and I have cable, a DVR, VCR, PS2, Satellite receiver hooked up and I still have more. It has plenty of power. honestly I can be upstairs while my daughter watches a movie and sometimes I think a thunderstorm is coming - it rocks the house. You can adjust each speaker individually, so if you have to put speakers in awkward places you can make up for it with the remote control. Seriously, for $400 it is WELL WORTH IT!!

Bronze Member
Username: Daddyrabbit

Post Number: 75
I cannot comment personally on the Yamaha YHT-450 as I did not compare shop that particular unit.

What I can say about the Onkyo 770 however is that it is a great system. Onkyo is well known for the quality and features (WRAT, discrete channels etc...) in their receivers. I listened to a few systems (notice how the $2000 Bose Lifestyle systems have the little "picture perfect" setups even in Sams clubs?) and IMHO in the same price range the Onkyo blows the Sony, Panasonic, Hitachi (could go on) systems away.

The speakers are not small nor "techno cool" but they are quite adequate. The big thing is next birthday I can request better speakers if I want without worrying about compatibility.

I don't use my receiver for video switching so the lack of Svideo inputs on the Yamaha would not bother me.

In short while I cannot recommend against the Yamaha I would highly recommend the Onkyo...

Luck.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us