New to Home Theater

Pops
Unregistered guest
I would appreciate any help from the pros I can get. I Have been looking to buy DLP projector and every shop has different advice. I think the best one I have found is a Marantz vp8000 it is out of production now and that is why the close-out price. Other salespeople are telling me that I should get newer equipment but to do that I would not be able to afford a better brand. Example of this is to go with a newer sharp projector. I have a Denon 3300 reciever and a mix of speakers Velodyne sub, kenwood fronts, Boston rears,and BIC center. I guess that is it better to buy an older (Still New) higher end piece or to get newer middle of the road stuff.

Username: Gdish

Post Number: 1
I am looking at buying a new Home Theater System and an HDTV flat screen TV to go along with it. Can anyone recommend a good website or give me a suggestion?
Am looking for something for under $3500 for the tv and Home theater system.
Am looking at BOSE and Sony right now.

Username: Brandon

Post Number: 7
I wouldnt recomment bose and if your going RPTV I would wait till the end of the year when DLP TVs are going down in price. Samsung seems to be leading the DLP war and hitachi is considered the "best" in the CRT/LCD RPTV realm.

Sony has had a lot of defective RPTVs hit the market recently. I would not recommend them for now.

Hawk gives some good advice for audio stuff. he has recommended some good deals on about a 1500 dollar home theater style system before leaving you with 2k for your TV.

If you want a tube HDTV go ahead and look into those. I dont think anything new is coming down the pike.

Username: Gdish

Post Number: 2
Hmm. That's not the first time someone has tried to steer me away from them but most of the people I talk to love the Lifestlye Systems (except the price).
Can you give me the Hawk website?

Silver Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 243
LOL Hawk is a actually a member of this forum, but you can mostly find him in the Home Audio area. He has a lot of experience and great advice in the audio forum.
That is not a bad idea, though, maybe Hawk should set up his own audio website

and I would try to steer you away from the Bose systems, too, by the way. I've had them and I still do, but, once you listen to other speakers, you may be swayed yourself. It is a very good idea to audition other speakers

cheers
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us