Complete newbie sony dav sb100 connection help

Username: Plas

Post Number: 1
i have just bought a sony dav sb100 home cinema kit. have plugged all the speaker wires in, plugged scart lead into back of tv and dvd works fine, sound is good, when i then turn to tv i only get sound from the tv speakers and not the extra speakers, anyone know why i cant listen to the tv through the home cinema system?

Gina2004
Unregistered guest
Do you have a test tone feature? That will send out pink noise out to the speakers to make sure there hooked up correctly. Also what do you have the setting on the main unit reciever/dvd? Surround sound, Dolby digital/prologic. Also when using surround sound you should set you tv speakers to off. Good luck!

Unregistered guest
HELP! The menu to change 5.1 speaker settings (set distance and test) does not appear on my menu list as it should (i.e. after pressing 'dvd setup' - the symbol is there but no words "5.1 Speaker setup" to select). I notice at some point in the manual it says "Speaker settings are only active on the Analog Multi-Channel output" but don't know what this means- It's driving me mad...any suggestions greatly appreciated!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us