Polk Audio RM6700 vs Energy Take 5.2 ???

Dave the Canuck
Unregistered guest
I'm buying my first HT system and am considering a few options. One is to get a Marantz 6400 receiver and either the Polk RM6700 speaker package or the Energy Take 5.2 package.

I'm hoping that someone more experienced than I am can offer some helpful advice or opinions on what speaker system would best suit the Marantz receiver. The room is only 11-ft x 14-ft, and I only have room for small speakers.

Alternatively, a friend in the biz recommended the Boss Lifestyle 28 HT system. However, I've heard very mixed reviews about Boss and for that kind of money I don't want to risk being disappointed.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated

Thanks,
Dave

Username: Project6

Post Number: 92
I've auditioned both speaker packages using a Yamaha, Pioneer and Kenwood receivers, but not a Marantz. And in all instances, the Energy Take 5 sounds a whole lot better than the Polks.

I would not even consider the Bose Lifestyle, they don't even compare to the sound of any of the choices that you have. For the amount of money you could spend on the Bose, you can do a whole lot better.

cheers

Username: Discoshrew111

Post Number: 3
I think the Energy sound better than the Polk. You should check out Orb Audio if you are looking for small speakers, too. Great bang for the buck, and the imaging in a room that size would be phenomenal.

Username: Spshond

Post Number: 7
I have the Enerrgy Encore set up with Denon receiver, I will return the Denons but definitely keeping the Encores. I love those things

Username: Palmharbor

Palm Harbor, Florida Usa

Post Number: 3
I used to work for JVC as a demonstrator and went from
store to store (circuit city) and these were the worst
overpriced speakers I found. The test was a cd with
a solo piano by Debussy. The dynamic range of a grand
piano is difficult to produce. The Energy failed everytime
and would break up......the Polk would NOT break up.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us