RCA RT-2600 is this a good budget system? does anyone have this system?

Username: Tannerman200

Post Number: 2
has anyone had any expiriece with this system? does it sound good? i saw it the other day for 194.00 at samsclub.com. if anyone has this system i would greatly apprciate any replies!

Username: Onlooker

Post Number: 1
I just bought that model from Sam's myself. It was delivered on the 13th, and have only spent a couple hours with it, but so far I'm impressed. I am replacing an old surround receiver that ran four huge high-output speakers, and therefore am/was skeptical, but so far so good. I have lots of questions myself, and am learning a lot recently.
This unit was only rated average by Consumer Reports, but everything that was consistently above average or excellent at all usually started at $500 or more; so for the money this seemed the way to go -- at least for a first home theater system. Everywhere else, the RCA seems to go for $280 or more (so you're saving almost $100 or more) ...

Username: Abnrigger

Post Number: 1
We have been very happy with ours until recently. After about 2 years owning it the audio has gone out. The headphone jack on the front of the receiver still works but none of the speakers. This happened once before and we were told by RCA to unplug the Receiver for 30 minutes so it could reset itself. That solved the problem the first time (last year). It did it again today and so far have been unable to get it back. If anyone has ideas please tell me. I am in the Army and stationed overseas so it is way too much money to ship it back to get fixed, and its not under warranty anymore.

bugzsy
Unregistered guest
I've had the system for a little over a year now. Good sound when set up properly. I have had a couple of problems though. The sound will totally cut out on some speakers at times and the receiver has started sounding like it has a diesel motor running in it. It's become very noisy. Fortunately I have the extended warranty, just haven't sent it back yet.

If you decide to buy through Sam's Club, check on their extended warranty. If I understand it correctly, anything that works on electric or mechanical power and is under $200.00, a 3 or 4 year extended warranty is less than $15.00. Don't quote me, but well worth asking for.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us