I need help with my surround sound and ps3 PROBLEM!!!!

Username: 24inchchoppaz

Frankfort, Ky

Post Number: 5
Alright, I have a surround sound an insignia (cheap but its all i can afford), and a PS3 and a Samsung 42" HD TV....okay i have a HDMI cable going from the ps3 to the back of my TV and a HDMI going from the back up the surround sound/dvd player to the back up the TV. I got rca jacks going from out on the back of the TV to the in on the surround sound/dvd player. If I turn on the Surround Sound and have my TV on with a channel and put the surround on AV1 I can hear it threw all the speakers, and if I put a game in my ps3 and have it on AV1 I can hear it threw all my speakers. if i have a DVD in the surround sound DVD player and have it on AV2 I can hear it threw all my speakers..NOW the shitty thing. If I put a dvd (blue ray or just regular) in my ps3 I get no audio just the background stuff like the people talking or cars going by, ect...... but you cant hear the main people (actors, sounds, ect....). Whats the deal please help ASAP...hope I didn't waste money on this surround sound.
Thanks and sorry for being so long,

Josh

Bronze Member
Username: Vm8444

Post Number: 73
hey josh whats the inputs on the insignia?
does it have hdmi in and out sounds like you hooked it up wrong...

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 763
What you are trying to do is send digital HDMI to the TV from the PS3 and Analog RCA jacks from the TV back to the Insignia. Some where along the lines things are screwed up. You will never get the full benifit of blu-ray with this set up. TV's do not do a good job of switching sound, thats what a receiver is for but since you bought the Insignia you are screwed.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us