Playstation 3 Usage: Damage to Plasma TV??

Username: Tollyc

Minneapolis, MN USA

Post Number: 1
Guys,

I am clueless and could use some assistance. Here are the facts around the system that I have deployed:
- Yamaha 55860 Receiver
- LG 50 inch Plasma TV (One year old)
- Playstation 3
- Direct TV with Tivo

I was thrilled to be one of the first 30 somethings to purchase a playstation 3 over the holidays. However, my use of the machine has caused me fright over the potential damage of my Plasma TV. I run an optical from my PS3 to the Yamaha receiver. I run an HDMI cord (generic from GameSpot) directly to the plasma screen. After about 30 minutes of watching a Blu-Ray movie or a game on PS3....upon switching the input to Direct TV I noticed the color becomes heavily saturated. My definition of saturation being the true blues becoming distinct greens. I am nervous that using my PS3 will ruin my Plasma TV. If I turn off the TV altogether after playing on the PS3 (for about 30-60 minutes) I notice the screen comes back to normal.

Any help is appreciated?

CT

ctollefson@hotmail.

Username: Lattimer1

Post Number: 1
CJ or CT,
Sounds to me that you are having over heating issues. Especially if it is okay a little while later. Lg costumer service is very good and has treated me very well before. Also you might be able to go and set the settings for "gaming" on the LG, but it does depend on which model you have. The tv, depending on which model again, might have a function to erase burn-in or at least "help it out" called whitewash or orbiter. This is also in the menu settings somewhere. I know this because my LG at one time had these so good luck in hunting and with your LG plasma. If it still is messed up or messing up I would suggest doing what I said earlier first then I would recommend not playing games on it anymore, as you probably shoudn't be doing that from the start from what I hear....but anyways take care and once again good luck.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us