Another surround sound problem....

Username: Gretsch

Post Number: 1
right, i have bought a proline DVD/CD home cinema system (DVD250HT) and i can on ly get surround when i play a DVD in it and i was wondering how i could get surround from the tv and xbox also???

so far i have just connected the surround system to the t.v (toshiba 21S23B3) what do i need to do or get???

Username: Kirby001

Post Number: 4
for your xbox you will need to get the av pack, with that you can use an digital optical cables and then that will give u surround sound, as for the tv, most shows don't output surround sound, so the sound you would be getting would be imitaded surround sound, but if there is a coaxial or a digital input for you tv also use that, but for the xbox you will need an digital optical cable/avpack, uless u have the xbox 360 in which you will only need the digital optical cable, hope this helps

Username: Gretsch

Post Number: 2
iv just ordered the av cable thing now,,, in the back of my dvd player ther is a orange coaxial input, what do i need to buy to make my tv surround sound?

Unregistered guest
For the tv, many cable boxes and satellite boxes will have optical and/or coax outputs, these are then hooked into the receiver. Use optical over coax when possible. If you dont have any boxes, there are sound outputs from the tv (usually RCA's Red/white) that can be plugged into the receiver. Sound quailty goes in this order RCA good, digital coax better, optical best. As josh said, most programs not sent out in digital so many times you will only get simulated surround sound via pro-logic. The programs that are sent out in digital are the high end channel like HBO, Showtime, etc. Good luck.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us