HTIB Brands

Username: Nghozzi

Post Number: 1
Hi everybody,
I will be bying a HTIB system very soon, but i got very confused between models. So I wanted to limit to the brands before chosing the system. Between the following brands, which one do you suggest the best in the HTIB systems?

JVC
SONY
Philips
Panasonic
Pioneer
LG
Samsung
Yamaha

Thanx

Username: Nghozzi

Post Number: 2
If it is not possible to have a reliable answer to my previous question, out of these brands, can u advise me of a couple of models that meet the following criteria:

NECESSARY FEATURES:
- 5.1 DD & DTS
- Progressive
- Digital Audio Input
- Min 80w RMS per Channel Speakers
- DuaLayer DVD-R/+R playback
- Less than 800$

WELCOMED FEATURES:
1- DivX playback
2- Speakers on stands
3- 5 Disc Changer
4- 6.1
5- Universal Remote Control

Thnaks in advance

Silver Member
Username: Dmwiley

Post Number: 556
You ask a difficult question because quality tends to vary from one model to another, even within the same brand. However, I will go out on a limb and say that in that grouping Yamaha would tend to be best and Samsung worst.

Bronze Member
Username: Virus5877

West Lafayette, Indiana USA

Post Number: 47
Onkyo HTS 777. ~700 bucks, and you get all you wanted. If you want a nicer system, replace the sub in the Onkyo system, and It will really bump!

Silver Member
Username: Dmwiley

Post Number: 565
Good advice Cyrus.

Anonymous

Check this. Tivo like HT DVDR with 80GB Hard disk for under 600
http://page.auctions.shopping.yahoo.com/auction/90008689?aucview=0x23

Bronze Member
Username: Virus5877

West Lafayette, Indiana USA

Post Number: 82
Anon, you're a moron. I wish you would register like everybody else around here, so I could insult you by name. 99% of HTiB's out there are horrible, and not worth the money it cost to print the bullsh*t specs on the side of the box!

Anyone who would recommend a panasonic POS HTiB instead of high current, low-distortion, audiophile quality stuff like Onkyo shouldn't be posting in here.

Anon, please quit giving HORRIBLE advice, and go spend you time wisely; learn something before you post in here again.

Bronze Member
Username: Thalazy

San Ramon, California U.S.A

Post Number: 30
Hey anon i'll give you $2.50 for your system, I think that's more than what it's worth.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us