What cable to buy?

Michael L
Unregistered guest
I bought a Panasonic HDTV and Panasonic DVD Recorder/Player. Also have a VCR, High Definition/digital cable. In shopping for component cables, I can spend anywhere from $15 to $250 for a single connection. As most of you no doubt know, even within Monster cable, there are different types. Radio Shack's most expensive is called "Fusion." I read enough to understand the basics. I understand that in theory a double-shielded cable is going to be more efficient at preventing signal loss, etc. Now the question is... practically speaking, will I notice the difference? Is it worth paying the extra money? Is a mid-priced cable the best bet since there is a point of diminishing returns? Any suggestions? (Without getting into all the specifics of my setup, I'm going to need a couple of 6 to 8 foot component video hookups and a couple of S-Video hookups too.)

Bronze Member
Username: James_s

Post Number: 34
when it comes to video shielded cables, I would say go low to mid grade monster cable depending on your budget. These cables are simply the best for shielding, and yes they will make a difference. I have nothing but MOnster cable for all of my hooups and interconnects. I do suggest however that you check out some Aoustic research cables as well, they are a bit cheaper, but also give up a little bit in the shielding, it all depends on your budget.

Username: Lsmith

Post Number: 3
i have a VERY ordinary cheapo tv from wal mart...its flat screen and new but still a cheapo...I was having weird waves and eerie ghosts and I panicked since I am looking for a much more expensive hdtv system...I thought I had some kind of interference in my area,something affecting my direct tv dish or maybe bad wiring in my "OLD" house...I got a cheap monster "strip" surge protector and all Acoutic Research cables for all my connections from the coax connect to the strip to the set...the difference in the pic was incredible..I also used the s video connects instead of the coax for my sat receiver and dvd player...I was'nt a believer in expensive cables before but I am now...the monster strip was 79.00 and with all the cables the total was about 115.00...well worth the expense...if i had a 5000.00+ system,I would probaly spend more for cables...these seem fine for low end stuff though

Scootusa01
Unregistered guest
I used Acoustic Research cables for all my connections and have been very happy with them.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us