SV-Lan Injuction

Diamond Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 21051
Sorry. duplicate. Original was mangled by Greg Raf but is now restored.

Bronze Member
Username: Spicy_jones

Post Number: 36
nydas, do all of us a favorite.

Silver Member
Username: Chaff

Post Number: 687
SV Lan Name Change to WizHub! (short for Wiznet Hub)
There has been many name changes of the SV Dongle due to change of support groups. I know many have complained about this before. The name will change again, but it will still be with Akai Japan Group's support. This name change is to protect dealers and users to allow them to purchase legal products. You can use SV Lan software in the Wiz Hub.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21064
Chaff, do all of us a favour and stop promoting products that have been officially declared illegal.

Silver Member
Username: Chaff

Post Number: 688
Nalin Nyda
Platinum Member

Post Number: 17227

Posted on Monday, December 28, 2009 - 12:45 pm:

This is my statement on IKS as it applies to individuals using an IKS service

I am saying I don't care what programming comes to me and how it comes to me as long as I am using the standard methodology of going to a dealer and buying the right equipment to do the job.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21067
Order on Motion for Preliminary Injunction filed March 29, 2010

The court has ruled that Sonicview is prohibited from designing, manufacturing, selling, distributing marketing etc, 8PSk Turbo Boards and the Ihub. Sonicview argued that third parties are responsible and that they should not be held accountable for their actions.

From the Whitcomb Injuction decision dated 25th april, 2011.

"Defendant Whitcomb is a former Sonicview employee. (Hagan Decl., 7;
Ex. 6 at 120:2;124:4.) At the time the Sonicview Order was entered,
Whitcomb was engaged in selling the Sonicview iHub on eBay. (Id., 6;
Ex. 5.) In an effort to evade the order, DISH Network alleges that
Whitcomb eventually began selling a ;re-packaged( P&A; iHub under the name ;Sonicview SV Lan; and ;New Link;
(P&A [Doc. 5-1], 4:27;5:2 (citing Jaczewski Decl. [Doc. 5-16], 4; and Hagan Decl., 3;5, Exs. 2;4).)
"

Since then the organization is trying to sell the IHubs under yet another name - SV LAN and now another new name Wizhub.

The simple fact is that there are already two injunctions against Sonicview Ihub and its cousins and offsprings. I would suggest that people refrain from buying this production.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us