IP Address jail bait

Silver Member
Username: Creek

Smithtown, New York

Post Number: 522
I would like to buy one of these new internet receivers but I am afraid that since it's hooked to the internet it will show my IP address subjecting me to
getting in trouble. Where can I get more info about these new receivers, or if anyone knows about them I would be thankful for the guidance. Soon our kids will be home from their summer vacations and we desperately need a great variety of channels. Thanks in advance.

Bronze Member
Username: Scatman

Post Number: 54
There are problems with linking your IP address to you. First, if you live in town and have neighbors they may be able to access your router if it is not locked down and use your Internet connection to watch hacked TV in their livingroom. In this case it appears YOU are the one doing the hacking. Second, IKS has been around for a couple years or more and nobody, and I mean nobody, has been busted for using it to get free TV.

I think if DN or BEV could do something to stop this they would have done something by now. N3 was supposed to stop this but it does not stop IKS. And from what I have read the PPV channels may never be open like before. The VOD channels are open on DN and from what I understand the VOD channels behave differently than the PPV. The dummychat dot com website has some real good information on how this works and why there may never be all channels wide open again. However, there are always possibilities

Bronze Member
Username: Crazycool

Post Number: 86
sonicview has opened up a lot of channels all the premium channels sd and hd and you are right all the (VOD) video on demand, and there is no diffrence when you view them because they are ppv channels.

Username: Jazzy1170

Post Number: 2
That was 2 years ago, but when IKS is the only thing left that ain't good. I read last year DN has been logging IP Address's in Canada. They are building there case right now for a long time.

Silver Member
Username: Little_bear

Sudbury, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 109
Jazzy1170 I agree
i bet they have people monitoring these fta websites.all the time
they have the money to pay for the IP Address's
you know what they say money talks
bullsh!t walks

Gold Member
Username: Hawaiian_time

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1937
Hey Creek. Good to see that you're still around. Bottom line is, there is always a risk whenever your IP addy is exposed, but some people are willing to take it. Most veterans of this game won't take that chance and would rather wait for a fix. Like Scatman said though, nobody got in trouble for it yet.

Upload

Silver Member

Smithtown, New York

Post Number: 523
Well... I have been researching about the safety of using these internet receivers and that's what I found in different forums, I'm sure most of you already know this info but it's a good overview:
A. IKS stands for Internet Key Sharing. The IKS units out there will allow you to hook up the stb to the internet when most stb's are down it can still give you tv, and sometimes these units don't require internet hook up (stand alone fix), it all depends on how bad things are at the time.
B. IKS runs on centralized server that is a share point to servers which relay on this server. Your box is connecting to relays not the IKS Server.
C. If your hooked up to the net with your nfusion and you come home and turn your box on it will tell you if there is a new update and give you the option to update your box with the click of the remote button.
If your watching tv on stand alone (emu ON) and it goes down you simply click menu+user settings+emu off and IKS will kick in when you exit to tv. Personally I hardly never use standalone. 99.9% of the time its IKS all the way. I don't worry about anyone getting my ip from the nfusion iks server as it does not collect anything other than an error log saying what failed.

Bronze Member
Username: Franktodd

Post Number: 59
What about using hotspot shield?

Silver Member

Smithtown, New York

Post Number: 524
Hi Hawaiian Time, I am always around when the screen goes blank. Yes , I will wait only till September.

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 10305
creek

I recommand never load the file directly by server but load it on your computer and send it in your receiver, first you don't know if someone try to send a bad file and the proof of using hacked receiver is not available.

Gold Member
Username: Justforhahas

Post Number: 1824
There is only 1 safe way now to watch TV and very inexpensively...SHARE A SUB...with friends or family...I have 14 receivers on my account with DTV for over 10 years now..and I drop and add receivers at will, with NO problems..

yer family /friends each throw a dish on the roof and align it to the 101 and whatever else in their area, ...1 person orders a full premium subscription (and any wanted sports packages) with 4-5 receivers or more, and full free installation,..... send (anywhere in North America) or give yer friends/family the receivers and married activated cards yer not using, ...unplug all phones to all receivers...and order yer PPV's online using the owners login info,so they show up on ALL receivers on the account..and ya all share the monthly bill...don't get any simpler or cheaper than that..

Silver Member

Smithtown, New York

Post Number: 525
Thanks Plymouth and Justforhahas, but one thing that I don't understand is the following: Since we were hit with Nagra 3 there are no more keys that will open our receivers, so how does Nfusion download keys from the internet that opens all channels? that does not make sense. I was reading around and I found this explanation that confuses me:
-----My Nfusion is up and working with IKS. It stands 4 Internet Key Sharing, U know when U hit up a site for keys when autoroll is down and have to put them in manually??? Well what nfusion does is the box is hooked to the Internet and downloades the keys from a key server and puts them in 4 U. } They release stand alone bins for the nfusion that don't require U be hooked up to the net and work like pretty much any other STB. I too was worried about the IKS and my provider logging it or seeing activity on a different port. There are several ways to combat this from IP masquerading to proxy servers but my solution is the best. If U happen to be in range of "sombody's" wireless network and have a wireless adapter for your nfusion then U wont have to worry I don't really condone this but due to my paranoia I had no choice. ISP's do look at whats going on especially if its on a odd port #, and they can report U to the authorities or just ban/kick U from their service. Adelphia caught me using bittorrent once casue of the odd port it was on. After I promised I was a good boy and did not know what happened they unlocked my account and I setup a proxy server on my main server before it even gets to router. I love my nfusion nova, but if your paranoid I would steer clear of it. Using somebodies wireless in my apt building is the only way I stay 100% safe when using IKS. It does not take much bandwidth at all so your not really hurting their speed at all and unless they are smart they will never see it.

Silver Member
Username: Mkvl1490

Post Number: 184
Best advice I've read on here is to just wait

And thats what I'm going to do. Forget movie channels, havent had them since Pansat went down. Basic cable fine. They nice to have when its time to eat and watch tv

But my main concern is football time. So i got a special with direct tv for nfl sunday

Couple months, maybe by Oct. Nag 3 might be cracked

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 10316
Creek

The keys change every 15 secondes.

What justforhaha"s do is as dangerous as IKS.

Silver Member

Smithtown, New York

Post Number: 527
Plymouth,
I can't follow justforhahas advice since here in Long Island, NY we don't have friends or family around. My neighbors tried to sue me for trimming down the branches of my own backyard trees, unsucessfuly. (they wanted privacy, I wanted my fireplace unclogged). It's a dog eat dog world here in Smithtown. WOW! I did not know keys changed every 15 seconds! Thanks. I think by September Nagra 3 will be cracked.

Bronze Member
Username: Xtremejohnjohnson

Post Number: 32
Either wait or get a box that can do both IKS and standalone or give up on the hobby. Can you wait 3 months, 6 months or a year for a standalone fix? You could use IKS for the time being and switch to standalone then if it's broken by then.

I would get a box that supports both IKS and standalone and not just IKS and not just standalone. So I wouldn't get a viewsatt for instance nor an nfusion.

There's a lot of ways to somewhat hide your IP, nothing that can't be discovered, but there's ways. You can get a router, flash it with dd-wrt, turn it into a client only, increase the stength, put antennas on it and you'll be able to pick up wifi up to 1 mile as I'm able to and get on an open network and there's scripts that if that network goes down, to scan all the open signals and get on the highest strength wifi signal. Now this is only for the client, so it only effects the FTA box and you are now using somebody else's IP. If I can do this, it's hard for somebody to prove somebody didn't hack into my wireless system if I'm able to do it to somebody elses. Of course there's even WEP cracking software that's actually pretty fast if you use dd-wrt on a router, but a bit slower with other hardware I've used.
There's even a proxy you can use build in to dd-wrt or I should say an add on called tinyproxy if I'm not mistaken, which again it's 100% fool proof, but will add extra security.

The servers are located off shores and there's been promises that IPs aren't being logged. If the servers are busted though, they could turn it on.

If your considering IKS, but aren't 100% sure you want to go with IKS, then stay away from nfusion that only supports IKS and consider a box that supports standalone and IKS. Right now only IKS works, but if you do believe there will be a standalone fix one day they should support it as they did before the N3 release

Bronze Member

Post Number: 33
I believe IKS has been going strong for some people for at least 5 years if not longer for FTA boxes, with DVBS cards in a PC, it might be between 5-10 years of it being used. Not a single bust I'm aware of, but if anybody wants to educate me about a server that was busted I'd love to hear about it.

Bronze Member
Username: Neerj

Tehran, Iran Towel head

Post Number: 42
As far as Jail bait goes.....if you are afraid of jail bait, then stay away from those private girls schools. You know the ones with the sexy 15 year olds in their plaid skirts...

Yes some of those 15 year old girls look like they are 18, they did not make them like that when I attended school.

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 10322
James Johnaenel

""then stay away from nfusion that only supports IKS and consider a box that supports standalone and IKS""

For me the best IKS is NFusion and those receivers can work standalone and those boxe are IPTV ready, Nuvenio work on new MPEG-4 H.264 SD channels, Sonicview is old thechnology. their IKS is safe and work since long time.

Gold Member
Username: Riconissan

Post Number: 1783
The best advice is to never listen to justforhaha's

Username: Lk_lives

Post Number: 3
The best advice Is to never listen to Rico. unless your looking for a g@y bar that Is

Gold Member
Username: Gregraf

Post Number: 3187
I admire your work Applebee's

Gold Member

Post Number: 3188
your ok too Esvaldo, Applebee's just seems to give it that extra touch.

Silver Member
Username: White_girl

Post Number: 105
You can hide your name on the thread page
but what about the smell?

nenaudingas lits

Silver Member
Username: Mrgreg

Post Number: 415
Freedom why don't you go fu@k yourself you @sshole.By the way why don't you learn how to spell you idiot.I do not use nicks or as you say nikes you jerk

Silver Member

Post Number: 416
Greg how is that Nfusion working.

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 10333
Greg

NFusion Solaris work very fine!

Gold Member

Post Number: 3193
Nfusion Nova still rocks to but i wish i bought a solaris instead. I still think i would buy another nfusion before a kbox. I have a couple friends with both and they say nfusion is a much better receiver. I don't recommend White_girl get one cause i think you have to be at least 12 to hook it up.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 34
plymouth

"For me the best IKS is NFusion and those receivers can work standalone "

They stopped supporting standalone a year or two ago, way before N3. Yeah, they can work, but they won't support it.

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 10334
James

For me if this receiver work 3 months, It's good and if it work when the others are down, it still a good purchase.

NFusion is the faster to put out a file, IKS or not.

Silver Member

Post Number: 419
Hey Plymouth what happened to Viewsat.That is all you use to talk about and now it is Nfusion.By the way I do have a Viewsat.I also have a CNX Nano and am still waiting for my dongle.

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 10335
Greg

Latest news is Viewsat up with minor freeze, it seems that the court charge on heads of viewtech block the file but few rumors says that the file is not ready for users.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us