Viewsat is going down

Silver Member
Username: Iamdrumming

Post Number: 124
Here's what happened just today. The owner of Viewsat got busted. Doesn't look good for all the Viewsat owners looking for a N3 fix.

http://www.sandiego6.com/news/local/story/Oceanside-Man-In-Trouble-Over-DISH-TV- Hack/S7ZGn4WyykyPXN2VatmolA.cspx

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 10180
iamdrumming

The owner of Viewsat are not those guys but only distributor, Viewsat is own by Korean.

Wait and see!

Silver Member

Post Number: 125
Jung Kwak is the owner of Viewtech, which is the manufacturer of the Viewsat brand. Yes, the boxes are physically manufactured in South Korea, but Jung Kwak is the owner, and he got busted today. Read the article, and it is mentioned elsewhere.

Silver Member

Post Number: 126
By the way, Jung Kwak is Korean.

Silver Member
Username: Hannity

MAYBE I CAN ASK TO, ADM FOR BAN YOU

Post Number: 101
I read it and it`s pretty clear, Viewsats will make great door stops...

***7/06/09 5:30pm est.***Credible sources indicate Viewsat cardless bin in 2 weeks. Stay tuned for the latest news as it develops!

Silver Member
Username: Picanha

East LA

Post Number: 571
Good post iamdrumming.........Plynuts is only here to disrupt the GOOD people of this forum!

Silver Member

Post Number: 127
I know. At least there are a few good people left :-)

Bronze Member
Username: Tj88

Post Number: 16
Doesn't this guy own SV also?

Silver Member
Username: Imars99

Post Number: 264
This is bad news for whole fta industry.
Jung Kwak = Viewtech owner
Phillip Allison = thebroken
Robert Ward = thedssguy (TDG)

Gold Member
Username: Riconissan

Post Number: 1721
"Kwak allegedly offered a reward of $250,000 if someone could bring him one of the "smart cards" sold by Echostar"

He can have mine for $10k.

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 15612
It is also possible that Viewtech were/are very close to a hack and Dish wants to scare them.
Let us be realistic. These three persons are known to the FTA industry for a long time and have often been in news.

Silver Member
Username: Hannity

MAYBE I CAN ASK TO, ADM FOR BAN YOU

Post Number: 102
Anbybodfy want to buy my VS Plat and VS lite, they have never let me down, very low mileage...275 for the pair, I include shipping because I am a nice guy.

Silver Member
Username: Koko_wawa

Post Number: 444
SAN DIEGO - A North County resident and two Florida men were indicted for allegedly trying to h**k new encryption codes used by the DISH Network satellite television service, it was announced Monday.

Jung Kwak of Oceanside, along with Phillip Allison, 35, and Robert Ward, 54 -- both of Seminole, Fla. -- are charged with conspiracy to violate the Digital Millenium Copyright Act, according to Assistant U.S. Attorney Mitch Demblin.

The 33-year-old Kwak is the owner of Viewtech Inc. of Oceanside, which imports free-to-air satellite receiver boxes and sells them to the public through retailers.

Though free satellite programming is limited, the boxes marketed under the "Viewsat" name are popular because owners can download code to mimic DISH Network smart cards, allowing free viewing of the service's channels, Demblin said.

However, in late 2007 and 2008, DISH Network sent subscribers smart cards with a new encryption code, which meant owners of Viewsat boxes would no longer receive free programming, Demblin said.

The prosecutor alleged that in March 2008, the defendants decided to hire computer h**kers to determine the new encryption code in order to save the market for their boxes.

Kwak bought a special microscope to analyze the smart cards and paid $20,000 cash for photographs of a purported new smart card, Demblin alleged.

Kwak also allegedly offered $250,000 to obtain the memory of such a card, he said.

The prosecutor did not divulge whether the defendants made any progress.

Demblin has filed a motion to hold Kwak without bail. A hearing is scheduled Wednesday before U.S. Magistrate Judge William McCurine Jr.

Source: hxxp://www.sandiego6.com/news/local/story/Oceanside-Man-In-Trouble-Over-DISH-TV-h**k/S7ZGn4WyykyPXN2VatmolA.cspx

Gold Member

Post Number: 1722
You are right Nalin. There is no crime in looking at code. It is not a crime to crack a code. The crime would be "profiting" from the work. So these charges might be labeled conspiracy. I do not think it has anything to do with N3.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15613
Thousands buy guns in America (and knives in Canada) - can they be charged with a crime?

"Kwak also allegedly offered $250,000 to obtain the memory of such a card," Kwak is no fool, and I cannot see him offering such an outrageous sum of money for what he can get for 1000 times less than that.

As I said before - it is harassment technique which will probably backfire.

Bronze Member
Username: Brampton_on

Post Number: 62
what you think nalin
i m right now watching nimiq 91 bev
and channel 1503 which is cp24 and i m watching not cp24 programming but dish network piracy warning guy. that if you are watching this channel you are a dish network pirate.
all this on cp24 on nimiq91 with kbox and khub
when i press channel up down i see other canadian channels like weather and cbcnw
Is this hub thing and these new iks, all another game by DN?

Silver Member
Username: Asplover

Post Number: 124
I would say its like a harrasment technique and soon we will see some nice bin in the market. I am waiting for it.l

Gold Member

Post Number: 1724
Another spin:
dateline Courthouse News Service

SAN DIEGO (CN) - Two men were arrested on federal charges of selling cheap "free to air" satellite receiver boxes that they had rigged to swipe signals from major satellite companies. Jung Kwak, 33, and Robert Ward, 54, run Viewtech out of Oceanside, Calif.
Free-to-air (FTA) boxes receive limited free programming, federal prosecutors said, most of it from ethnic or religious stations. Prosecutors say Kwak and Ward paid engineers to reverse-engineer Echostar's copyrighted Dish Network technology, and put it into their "Viewsat" boxes.
"Millions of Viewsat FTA have been sold to the public," the U.S. Attorney's Office said.
Charged with Kwak, of Oceanside, and Ward, of Seminole, Fla., is Phillip Allison, 35, also of Seminole. If convicted, they face up to 5 years in prison and $250,000 in fines for conspiring to violate the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.

Bronze Member
Username: Potshot

Post Number: 42
I think the 250k reward the media was referring to was being offered for a memory dump of an insiders tech and testing card providing any such thing exists. Dave used to have them for some of their techs and VIPs use that were wide open until they started falling into the wrong hands and getting cloned.

If there is any truth to the article I would say a stand a lone hack for Nagra 3 is a long way off if no one has successfully dumped any of the smart cards yet.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1726
jim beem
Bronze Member
Username: Potshot

Post Number: 42

"Dave used to have them for some of their techs and VIPs use that were wide open until they started falling into the wrong hands and getting cloned."

Read what you have posted and tell me that is not the stupidest comment you have heard all year.

Gold Member
Username: Donnie1973

Post Number: 3206
sounds right to me...

Bronze Member
Username: Stinko_dinko

Zip Code 99559955

Post Number: 59
FBI is involved too

http://sandiego.fbi.gov/dojpressrel/pressrel09/sd071309a.htm

Silver Member
Username: Jojogun

Fairfield, CA United States

Post Number: 535
Man...........this looks real bad. Now I've got two receivers that are useless.....or maybe Mr. Viewsat might beat the rap and make a comeback.

Username: Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Post Number: 2
you guys should not worry so much about FTA boxes look into DVB cards.....emunation is being discontinued...but a new plugin is being developed called N3XT...just the fact that people are looking to overhaul all the code for emunation and are even considering developing a new plugin is very promising.

Username: A_z_a

Western Hemi...

Post Number: 6
Kwak - Allison - Ward Court Document

http://www.ftamax.net/showthread.php?p=3731

Bronze Member
Username: Scatman

Post Number: 49
From the Viewsat files...
"This case was investigated by Special Agents of
the Cybersquad of Federal Bureau of Investigation in San Diego."

Ok...who wants to download the next new bin file? hahaha

Gold Member

Post Number: 1729
I have heard they came and took sada away yesterday.

Silver Member

Post Number: 448
VS trial will start in 3 hours. You will be notified with the outcome. I also received info that some VS customers names will be intruduced as volunteer witnesses.

Silver Member
Username: Realtorkim

INDIANA United States

Post Number: 200
Hi All,
Wow, I've been away too long...
This last post on thread was the 15th, today 20th
What happened?
Other threads refer me back to this one,
I will keep reading.....
Hi all again anyway..

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 10242
Congrat Kimberly you finally got your 200 posts in 3 years

Silver Member
Username: Chumley

Post Number: 477
OOHH STFU

Whats thet a days worth of posting for know nothing Playmouth...LOL...

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 10244
Cumley

You have nothing to do poor idiot?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15648
Chumley: 200 posts is
a day's worth of abuse by

LK aka hustforhaha's, aka Chumley, aka largo key. aka key largo, aka Story teller, aka thill and many other names.

Silver Member

Post Number: 478
It seems I am very busy .. no time to smoke the opium like Nalin.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15650
The booze you drink is more potent that any other drug known to mankind, particularly when you mix it with hashish.

It is time to start your prescribed anti-psychoses drugs again. It seems you have stopped taking them.

Silver Member

Post Number: 457
Chumley,
You eat opium, but you smoke hash.
People do not smoke opium. It looks like you are not expert with this stuff.
Also opium causes strong addiction, hash almost does not. You choose.

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 10245
Cumley

You have nothing to do poor idiot?

OH! You are very busy to bash the Ecoustics Helpers as usual!

Silver Member

Post Number: 479
Not expert ... only visit pakiland .. find many opium den ..
you are welcome

lottsa hash too-

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15653
Chumley: YOU, having been in Afghanistan, have the experience, the knowledge and the need to use Opium and hash.
I still urge you as I have always done, to get and continue using prescription drugs for your psychoses.

Silver Member

Post Number: 128
What do any of your posts have to do with what this thread was started for? That is about the issues involving Viewsat.

I have noticed every thread I see in this pathetic site eventually gets hijacked into immature namecalling, and doesn't stay true to each thread's original discussion.

Quit hijacking, and if you want to start your own threads by namecalling back and forth, by all means! Don't keep hijacking other people threads.

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 10249
iamdrumming
Silver Member

Post Number: 127

Posted on Monday, July 13, 2009 - 11:29 pm: Edit Post
I know. At least there are a few good people left
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is your answer to Esvaldo which is one of most troublemaker here with useless posts.

Read and see who is troublemaker!

So your thread subject was posted 4 times on the forum.

Silver Member

Post Number: 480
drummming , you should post important stuff , like playmouth..
NFL Sunday Ticket:Nagravision 3 Work Around Released Today!!

Silver Member

INDIANA United States

Post Number: 201
Hi Plymouth,
Thanks a bunch, I noticed after I posted, I wanted to ask
Do I get a beer cheer for 200 posts,

then deleted, next to you guys, is nothing.
Sincerely Thank you for noticing, Learned bunches
from you all, yeah the close to Kentucky thing again you all "You all are great"

Enjoy the humor here, always a laugh somewhere.
I try to look over certain posts ....always want to say something respond of course a girl,
best not to.. ..brain energy & get back to biz. lol
Are you laughing yet>?
Your a sweetheart Plymouth, thanks for all your help
and your congrats.

Respectfully,
Kimberly

Bronze Member
Username: Eurick_hunt

Post Number: 40
Doesn't anyone remember around the time of the nag 1 -nag 2 switch when pansat big wigs were "busted" and everyone was writing pansat off? Money can be pretty powerful in the judicial systems in our time. And even if viewsat does go down the crapper what does it owe any of us? Think most of us got our money's worth over the last few years.

Silver Member
Username: Bjcrisp6478

Post Number: 261
i know i have got my money's worth.....

Silver Member

INDIANA United States

Post Number: 202
Oh my....... a durrrrrrr I didn't read again before I clicked post.
can't help it... Chumley if anyone highjacked a post or thread..............

I thought it was great, I try not post if negative this time was a must apologies.

iamdrumming,
I completely understand

Just seems a compliment was given and a chump
interrupted thread and posts.
gosh I said that, sorry chump I hope you get it.

Nalin, Plymouth I respect highly if whether they do each other or not their biz.
Still both always helpful and I respect greatly.

What is wrong with someone giving someone a compliment on a thread, nothing.... it is great.
and not a negative no one is highjacking any threads.
Thanks Plymouth

Why in the world would one want to tell someone to STFU when giving someone else a compliment or congrats?

Shame on me for saying, I couldn't help it.

Later all,,,, I respect you bunches.
You know who I mean.
Thanks
Kimberly

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 10250
Thanks Kimberly!

It's always a pleasure talk with you.

Have a good night with your family!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »