118 SAT / LNB/ DISH???????????????

Bronze Member
Username: Tulipe

Post Number: 61
USING GLOBE CAST DISH we can get 97w. does the same dish and the same lnb get 118, i dont care about dual and getting 119 ok thanx . just if the same lnb using it to get 97w can get 118????????????????

Silver Member
Username: Lomna

Calif U.S.A

Post Number: 731
Very good question ccccccc. I really can't say for sure but i think you need larger 33" and linear lnb.
What size your dish is ?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 64
old can u explain instead of mumbling no

Silver Member
Username: Chumley

Post Number: 464
The lnb for 97w is linear with LO 10750

the lnb for 118 is circular with LO 10750

copy / paste

this linear lnb convert to low frequency circular lnb works for so many who want to catch the 118 anik.

C & P from nbg562 in filipino forum

Here are the steps to convert your standard linear LNB to a circular LNB to be used for satellites broadcasting in the FSS using circular polarization such as Anik F3 at 118W.

Materials needed:
a) Sharp knife
b) Plastic strip (an expired credit card, or your ROM3 CAM's are good for this purpose)
c) Ruler
d) Teflon tape
e) Screwdriver or butter knife (I used the butter knife)

Note:
If you remove the dustcap of a circular lnb and a standard linear lnb, you would notice an obvious difference. It is the absence and presence of a plastic strip inside the feedhorn of the linear and circular lnb's, respectively.

Procedure:

Remove the lnb's dustcap by first twisting and pulling it out of the feedhorn until there is enough gap for you to insert your screwdriver/butter knife (if you can not twist it, just go ahead with the next step).

Pry the dustcap off the feedhorn. Don't worry, there is nothing that gets damaged inside.

If you examine the inside of the feedhorn closer, you will see notches where you will insert the plastic strip.

Using your sharp knife, cut a strip from your plastic card measuring 19mm wide (to allow for error) by 32mm long (my strip is 40mm long). Actually, the plastic strip inside the circular lnb measures 18mm x 32mm. Try to insert your strip along the notches inside the feedhorn oriented like a forward slash, if it won't go in, just scrape the sides of your strip until you can insert it...make sure it is reasonably snug.

Wrap a few turns of Teflon tape around the rim area of the feedhorn if you damaged a part of it when you removed the dust cap to seal the inside of the feedhorn.

Replace the dustcap.

That's it! You're done! You now have an FSS lnb with circular polarization.

Receiver settings:

LNB type: Standard or Single
LNB freq: 10750

www.ftatalk.com/showthread.php?t=190948

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 10199
Chumley

As I says many time, convert a LNB is not the best thing to do, because you lose many db with this, the best is buy a new one for 15$.

This modified LNB can't get all frequencies available on this position which is 118.75W and 119.0W, so you must have 2 dishes and 2 LNB's where only one is needed with the 15$ LNB.

But thanks Chumley for the info furnish many time by King in old posts.

Silver Member
Username: Chumley

Post Number: 465
Plymouth , i have not tested this , others have and claim it works.

The OP stated he didn't want 119w , so no need for the setup you describe.

I don't recall a post like that from king,
if he did good for him ..the info needed to be posted again..as you know info is always repeated at this site..
Do you claim to be the source of REBOOT ?

Upload

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 15633
Converting a linear LNB to a circular to save $15 is the most stupid thing you can do. You WILL NOT GET the full performance of a special made circular for 118.7W.

Bronze Member
Username: Brampton_on

Post Number: 74
i bought my circular lnb new in box for $6 cdn

Bronze Member

Post Number: 68
any kind of lnb do u suggest guys???? cuz they are different type i mean shapes. smetimes is diffult to instal it becuz of the braket.
what site is cheap and good .

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 10211
cccccccccccccc

Choose the good one for you

http://www.worldwidesatellites.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=38_25

Bronze Member
Username: Brampton_on

Post Number: 75
or if you want the 6.99 lnb for both 118 and 119 try this web site
http://www.angelelectronics.ca/lnb

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 15635
Sam: I looked at their on-line catalogue. They have some excellent deals.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us