Can I get 110W and 119W with one dish?

Bronze Member
Username: Varius

Post Number: 32
Hi,

I have bought two "Ku Band Circular Dual output LNB with Dual polarization."

I only have one on my dish right now, was keeping the other as backup.

My dish is 1.8M so I was thinking even though I am pointed at 119W, would it be possible with the same dish to get 110W ?

I checked in my 'dish settings' (SV8000HD) and when I select Echostar 8.x I get quality on some TPs, but scanning them they seem to be "mirrors" of my 119 channels NOT the 110 channels.

How would I go about being able to receive both? Do I need to go connect my second LNB to the dish, then connect them both through a switch?

Or is this only possible with a second dish or a motorized dish?

I know I need two LNBs to get them both at the same time, but then wouldn't I be able to get 110 right now with my current LNB (and lose 119 in the meantime) ? The fact I get mirrored 119 channels instead leaves me to believe I won't be able to reach 110.

Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 6036
Keith
Do you have a picture of your dish, because a 1.8 meter is a 6 feets dish and it is sold for get C-Band.

You must have 2 LNBs on the dish for get 119 and 110.

Yo can buy a 36" motorized dish or motorized the actual dish, if it is a 36" and less. A 6' dish can be motorized with a actuator and a special box for drived it.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 33
My fault, I forgot to mention I am in Costa Rica. So the dish is indeed that size, in order to reach the sats.

Basically, let me rephrase my question:

If I factory reset/erase 119, should I be able to get 110 with my dish aimed at 119? I tried, but when I scan 110 I get 'mirrored' 119 channels still.

Basically, I want to find out if I can reach 110 so it's worth it to go up on my roof and install the other LNB/switch.

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 13382
UNlike the older Dish workhorse giving you 119 and 110 in a single LNB, this one give you 119 and 118.7 in a single LNB.
You have a 1.8 metre Dish and that is plenty for getting 118/119 from one of the LNBs you have bought and mount the second LNB close to this one to point to 110.
For the LNB you are going t use for 118/119 there are special instructions.
For the LNB you are going to get 110W, use LNB freq 11250, i.e. standard for 110W.

The following CP should help in general about 118/119, but also is useful for 110.
Any LB that can get 119W, can get 110W.

Once installed properly, you should be able to get 118, 119, and 110 for each of two receivers.

http://www.mxmart.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=126
Circular Dual LNB for both 119 and 118.7
C$19.99
It's a brand new Ku Band Circular Dual output LNB with Dual polarization.

Ideal for all circular satellites, i.e. Echostar 3 (Dishnetwork 61.5), Echostar 6/8 (Dishnetwork 110), Echostar 7 (Dishnetwork 119), Anik-F3 (at 118.8?W), Echostar 1/2 (Dishnetwork 148), All DirecTV, All Bell ExpressVu and other Circular Polarity satellites.

It's designed especially for catching 119 & 118.7 (Anik F3) at the same time using one such LNB. Each Output gives signal from both satellites.

Make sure you set LNB frequency as 10750, instead of regular 11250 in the receiver menu.
ATTENTION
Requires: 30-inch or larger dish
Compatible with DirecTV, Free-to-Air (DiSEqC, 22KHz), and legacy switches (SW21, SW44, etc)
Not compatible with DishPro switches and/or DishPro (stacked) LNB's
Instructions
Using a 30-inch or larger dish (we recommend 33-inch), aim with the following settings:
Satellite Name: 118A°W (Anik F3) or 119A°W (Echo7)
LNB Type: Standard (or Single)
LO Frequency: 10750 or 10600 MHz
Finally, do an AUTO SCAN or a BLIND SCAN
For some the following settings may work better or give you more channels:
LNB Type: Universal
If your missing any channels, manually scan them. You can refer to www.lyngsat*com / www.lyngsat*com/anikf3.html
LO Frequency: 9750 MHz
HI Frequency: 11250 MHz
Make sure Anik-F3 (118.7A°) TP figure in your receiver menu is correct.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13383
I did not know that you are Costo Rica, whenI posted earlier. However,if you are able to get 119, you should be able to get 110

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 6037
Keith just reaimed your dish on 110 and rescan.
It is possible than you can't get 110W from your location.

Silver Member
Username: Fakeman1

Germantown, Maryland USA

Post Number: 175
Two clowns or two fruit cakes. Pete and repete.Upload

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 6043
Upload

Username: Nyd_us

Post Number: 3
Plymouth u fuckking tard i think your daughter is cute.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 34
Re-aiming my dish is a problem, as the extreme structure used to keep it on the roof was done by a welding pro and doesn't allow for any adjustments really - it withstands our tropical storms, rain and heavy wind perfect though =)

If I erase everything (factory reset), and don't scan 119, but only try to scan 110, I am getting 119 channels. This is my problem. How can I do that from scratch to get 110 channels?

If I can get 110 without moving my dish, then I will go ahead with getting up there to install the 2nd LNB etc...

Or, does the fact when scanning 110 I receive 119 channels mean from where I am, pointing at 119 I don't have a big enough dish to catch 110?

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 6046
Keith
Use a hose clamp and attache a second LNB on side of the existant LNB.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13384
Keith: Why do you keep on asking?
"Or, does the fact when scanning 110 I receive 119 channels mean from where I am, pointing at 119 I don't have a big enough dish to catch 110?"

You have big enough Dish to get 110 and 119

Just get a bracket and put your two LNBs side by side and get 118/119 on one LNB and 110 on the other LNB.

By the way, some stupid idiot has posted profanity in my name 3-4 posts above.

Silver Member
Username: Tooter

Post Number: 102
Nalin .. why you post about 118 , when keith ask about 110

...what this ..UNlike the older Dish workhorse giving you 119 and 110 in a single LNB.
Upload

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 6055
Keith
Buy a bracket as Nalin says, a hose clamp can't work on a 6' as for a small dish.
If you have a picture or a link of your dish, please post me.
Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Justforhahas

Post Number: 1436
Plymouth
Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 6046
Posted on Sunday, November 30, 2008 - 08:05 pm:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Keith
Use a hose clamp and attache a second LNB on side of the existant LNB.

Plymouth
Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 6055
Posted on Monday, December 01, 2008 - 07:54 am:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Keith
a hose clamp can't work

LMAO @ plymouth....clueless and contradictory

Silver Member
Username: King_of_sats

Post Number: 546
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Silver Member
Username: King_of_rats

Post Number: 168
Upload

Silver Member
Username: King_of_rats

Post Number: 169
Upload

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13389
Chumley: Answer to your question. A lot of people are used to a single LNB giving 110 and 119. This guy has bought a single LNB giving 118 and 119. If you look at his post you willsee why he is not getting 110. Thenaswer is that the LNB he has bought does NOT give 119 and 110 in a single LNB, but he can use his two LINBs to get 118/119 and 110.

When I give considered reply based on the apparent knowledge and level of expertise of the questioner, I don't expect knowledgable people to jump and start questioning me.
THE ANSWER I GAVE WAS ADDRESSING HIS NEEDS AND TELLING HIM THAT HE CAN ALSO GET 118 AS BONUS AND ALSO GET TWO RECEIVER SETUP AS A BONUS

I am giving an extensive answer to you because I consider you to be knowledgeable person and I hope you will stop interrupting a thread without looking at the details carefully.

Q.E.D.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us