Iks good stuff to know about.....

Gold Member
Username: Saqeeb9000

Post Number: 4261
Found this on another site
C/P of a C/P of a C/P

C/P

C
"IKS? = ("Internet Key Sharing") Sales of the different models of IKS receivers have been growing in the past few months. Based on the saying "they never go down". or there always "UP." Yea right! Now there new point of sale is the "Promised" workaround for the Nagra 3 encryption. IKS Receivers seam to be les effected then other receivers when it comes to the "ECM - MECM - attacks targeted towards the fta community, with downtime being much less then that of there counter parts. IKS seems to be spreading to other members of the fta receivers through the use of "dongles". Some receivers using the IKS dongle are the Captain and C*oolsat CS6100. With rumors of even more models to come out with a dongle attachment. Some believe this is just a ploy to boost sales and income before the final switch to the Nagra 3 cards and encryptions. With the dongle being some what less costly then a full blown IKS receiver, expect to see these mentioned in chat and in the forums. Some actually have limited support and seem to be delivering on the promise of being least affected by ECM's. The dongle works to connect the fta receiver to the IKS server via the serial port. to the Internet using a standard CAT5 Ethernet cable, or a wireles bridge. We all know that IKS requires an constant Internet connection in order to work properly, to decode, and reveal the current television programming. Although there has been a few times that the IKS receiver (nFusion) has preformed with full emulation, it has worked with autoroll off and the emu on. We also know by the present IP address the IKS server is located in Korea. The IKS receivers working on data packets switched through the internet based on UDP file transfers. This data is not "keys" but believed to be an act of card sharing. The exact way this is done is still pretty much unknown. Or a valued trade secret, making it more difficult for the providers to engineer an effective ECM. IKS does NOT mean you won't be without tv, it only means that you will be able to come back up much faster than having to wait for a new file.

Even though this "hobby" is risky there are folks that think safety first, so how safe is IKS? Most IKS haters, and distrusters focus almost entirely on the risk of having their IP address exposed. We all pretty much know any online presence, including the ones that an IKS or the dongle receivers use can reveal your IP address. Not only to law enforcement but anyone who has the time and tools to trace you down. I also would not put it past the sat providers to have on staff people and machines that can do this job. After all they spend up to a half a billion dollars to revamp there systems every few years, and launch new satellites. Here is a small run down copied from other sources that explains the server end to IKS and the receivers.

COPIED -
The IKS server requires a UDP connection, not TCP. UDP is generally regarded as being somewhat more secure but the most important difference is that UDP packets travel in only one direction and the connection is dropped after the data packet has been sent to the relay. The server does not monitor whether the relay server is able to deliver the data packet to its ultimate destination. It only cares about whether the relay server has received the data and then terminates the connection. Since the connection time between the master server and its relays is very brief and the amount of data extremely miniscule, it is difficult for outside parties to effectively monitor data transfers between the server to and from the thousands of receivers connected via IKS. It doesn't mean you can't be tracked; only that it would be more difficult to determine what data your receiver actually received and how it was used. - PASTED

There is no simple answer as to weather IKS is totaly safe, but based soly on IP exposure and monitoring, it is most likely safe. you must be aware that no matter how much or what kinds of proxies, and chained proxies you use or any other masking of ip address used, a through investigation could reveal your true IP address and that could lead to your discovery. The odds or likelihood of someone actually doing so is relatively small unless some of the data your transferring or receiving deals with alquada, - illegal sale of WMD's, or some other terrorist keywords. Does this mean that the risk is to small, that it can be safe? Well again i refer to copied data and paste other facts here

Copied -

No one will argue that the sole purpose or function of an IKS connection is to descramble or decrypt otherwise protected content. The IKS server has NO other purpose than to ACTIVELY allow people connected to it to decode encrypted provider signals (an illegal activity). The IKS server does not provide users with any other useful information or data that would justify the server connection and it has zero function in "True FTA". Therefore, if you connect to an IKS server, you are in fact indicating that you are decoding the provider's signals. No reasonable person has ever denied or challenged this simple fact, including Matchstick and Matchbox (the spokespersons for Nfusion). But if no one is tracking your IKS connection via an IP address, "so what!" goes the reasoning of far too many users. - PASTED - That only value free tv. Now think of any other things in the fta world that sole purpose is to decrypt the channels that people want to watch.
How about the 8 psk adapter what other use is there for it than DN HD decryption - Suspect if you buy one? Are there others?

COPIED -
Here's the "so what." If (or probably more accurately, "when") the IKS receivers are challenged in court and the IKS connection is ruled an illegal tool, will the plaintiff have to prove that you actively used it or would the mere purchase of an IKS dongle or receiver be deemed sufficient evidence of guilt? That's a big unknown and impossible for anyone to predict with any degree of accuracy at this time. But if one were to look at the ******* litigation launched in 2002-2003 against end users, DTV was able to establish (in the courts of most states but not all) that the mere purchase of an Hu card and card programmer (unlooper) demonstrated intent to pirate their signals based on their claim that the Hu cards "served no other purpose." That was patently false because the cards CAN be used in other applications but the alternate uses represented only a tiny sliver of the market and the vast majority were, in fact, purchased to pirate DTV signals. Of course, by the time that the estimated 24,000 letters of pending litigation were sent out to users, most DTV hackers had already long been exposed and compromised by the sales records that they left behind when they purchased the Hu cards and unloopers. It was impossible for those users to hide their identity after-the-fact or deny they had made the purchases because of the availability of dealers' sales records. DTV obtained those sales records via subpoena. The records included the real identity and addresses of those who purchased the cards making it extremely easy for DTV attorneys to mail out their letters of pending litigation. The tracking of card purchases was the primary tool used by DTV in their now infamous war against DTV signal pirates.

In the case of IKS, if the targeted end user "was in fact using the IKS dongle or receiver to decrypt the provider's signals" (after all, what "other purpose" is there?), the outcome is likely to heavily favor the plaintiff, not the defendant. In the case of a dedicated IKS receiver like the Nfusion, one could argue that the receiver can also be used for "true FTA." PAISTED -
If your IP is traced that defense will fall like the Hindenburg!

We need to use simple logic to determine if sat tv providers will peruse the makers, vendors, and buyers of the IKS and dongle assisted receivers. I personally believe if the "IKS" falls under the spot light The manufactures, retailers, and mass purchasers could or would be targeted. As with DTV the actual users of the products were not perused to the fullest point of the law. I also believe very few states will bother with arresting thousands of citizens for the purpose of incarceration. I believe there primary target would be to stop the manufacture, sales, and for profit installation of the receivers. Instead of building or revamping the prison system which could equal the sizes of small cities. I do believe a few targeted citizens may be tried and convicted to show and set an example to the FTA community that it can be done. At the same time logic dictates that if IKS receivers are able to deliver on there promised bill of goods, and a workable hack for the rest of the fta receivers is unobtainable, then the spot light will focus on the IKS receivers. As with any opinion you should take mine with a grain of salt. Now as far as the safety of the IKS system goes, we all know any time you load an fta receiver with third party software we are at risk of prosecution. Also the purchase of an regular fta receiver with a credit card and having it delivered dose not make you guilty of any crime - As dose having a dish or a yard full of dishes makes you guilty of a crime. However the purchase of a IKS receiver can "shine a light on your activates" but dose not necessarily mean your committing a crime. I would say the dongle is a different matter all together it has "one purpose" and only one." P

End C/P.

I think everyone is jealous that the NFusion is really good.

This is my reply:

C/P

No offense to anyone.

Personally I think this is just another B.S. comment from someone who is losing sales because of IKS.....Its up to the person who wants to by it or not.....Everyone says it...and I will repeat it....its just a hobby it dont work then fix it or get something else to play with....thats my 2 cents.

I own one because I dont like it when my wife does nothing but bi*tch about the receiver doesnt work... I have had mine up and running since April 2008 and its still going....and if it stops working well first off I got my money's worth. I have never had anything work this long except for my rom102s which was almost a year and a half. anyways I will buy something different for my wife when it stops working...but I will continue to have a back up because I have been in this hobby way to long to know nothing lasts forever.. version 149 update just came out and apparently it has bev N3 channels I wouldnt know if this is true because I dont test bev.....would be nice to know if someone use an nfusion for bev.

Im sure IP's can be traced....but the minute someone trys to ping the IKS server it automatically blocks your ISP...So if anyone trys to hack it.....lol good luck. Im sure they use really good encryption. its not a fly by night project.....

thats my 2 cents.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us