Samsung DLP HLR5067 Problems

Username: Rosewired

Post Number: 1
I have read many threads regarding this particular TV, but I wanted to get some direct help before I spend a lot of money fixing something that may not be worth fixing. I am somewhat handy with electronics, I built my own computer, but a DLP TV I am unfamiliar with. Here are the symptoms of my tv:

-Screen freezes, flickers, goes black & then sometimes comes back on, sometimes it doesnt. At times the audio will drop out during this as well.

-Sometimes the volume bar will disappear

-Bright lights, or pure white colors seem to make the screen flicker wildly, but not in the way it does when it goes black as described above. This can be an image of fire or just a plain white background that does this.

- at times, symmetrical artifacts seem to pop up. All in a tidy row, kind of small. And they also flicker. Usually unplugging the tv & plugging it back in resolves this.

The most intrusive symptom right now is where the screen actually freezes & goes black. This happens the most as well. I have had most of these symptoms over the past few months. I have been just unplugging & plugging my tv back in to spare me some time. IT has worked up until recently where the symptoms pop up within moments of having the tv on. My color wheel is not whining as I have read it can. But my lamp is almost 3 years old. Its my first guess to change that. But I just dont know if I have multiple things going on here. I hope someone can help!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us